Kingmaker - Patch 1.1 released

I decided to start second playthrough, while Im still in the middle of the first one. Really wanted to try some things differently and try some of the prestige classes. All the options, different outcomes of different choices, possible party setups ... it all makes me want to play with the game, rather then play the game, if it makes any sense :). Story and companions seems simple and straightforward at first, but its all fleshing out with the time. The game is huge and it takes its time to show the secrets. And I only saw like half of it yet :)

Also it is fun to notice after a while all the C&C the game has. Like sparing some people will let you recruit them as advisors and such. Or choices from one chapter of the game will show some results in next chapters.
Or new characters will comment on some decisions you made a fair bit earlier in the game.

It is all very delightful. It is a true (spiritual) successor to Bg2. Once they polish the kingdom management parts and improve loading times this game will easily become best cRPG since BG2.

I agree, I believe that if they keep the patches coming, this will be an excellent game probably by next year. Too bad it wasn't released in this state, the wait would have been well worth it, in my opinion, but that's in the past now and all the developers can do now is aim for the future. I do really hope that this is just the first project in a series!!

Just had the "boss" fight in his fort. While it is just the first chapter, I was utterly outnumbered and got my ass given back to me in a very efficient way on my first try.

Had to think about real tactics, divert, crowd control, buff, debuff with a careful party spreading to funnel the different kind of enemies and actually read the the spells and scroll descriptions to use them right.

I probably did something wrong somewhere or maybe did I go there without having the correct level, they were numerous and hit really hard.
It had been a long time since I had so much fun in a game.
And a long time since I really had to focus for a whole fight in a CRPG.

Yuppers, that Fort battle had me rethinking a few things, and that was the first solid gut-check fight I had in the game. I'm not sure you can actually be overpowered for that fight, but you sure can be underpowered for it, in quite a few ways. Great battle, though!

Just lure some enemies out of the group and kill them one by one. Gothic players should know this tactic.

Just had the "boss" fight in his fort. While it is just the first chapter, I was utterly outnumbered and got my ass given back to me in a very efficient way on my first try.

Had to think about real tactics, divert, crowd control, buff, debuff with a careful party spreading to funnel the different kind of enemies and actually read the the spells and scroll descriptions to use them right.

I probably did something wrong somewhere or maybe did I go there without having the correct level, they were numerous and hit really hard.

Yeah it's great. :) I find myself having to use a lot of the stuff that would be otherwise "hoarded materials" in other RPGs. Potions, scrolls, spells - they all come in handy at one point or another. That battle was rough and Linzi saved the day with her Magic Device check and a successful Call Lightning scroll. Really memorable and challenging, and there's more where that came from!

Did you sneak in using mobility check? I cleared each group out one by one before facing the boss. You can even persuade one of his guys to fight with you which will make the boss fight easier. I used tactic of killing 2 archers last as they take less time to kill, especially using Amiri. While Amiri focus on one, I let my range to focus on the other and also throw CCs like stun to make sure they don't run away.

Did you sneak in using mobility check? I cleared each group out one by one before facing the boss. You can even persuade one of his guys to fight with you which will make the boss fight easier. I used tactic of killing 2 archers last as they take less time to kill, especially using Amiri. While Amiri focus on one, I let my range to focus on the other and also throw CCs like stun to make sure they don't run away.

I cleaned everything outside the fort, and messed with the central gate. Bad idea. I found the West passage, took it and just started to clean up.
I thought "trash mobs, no big deal" but some Alchemists invited themselves to the party and suddenly it was all very warm and not so cosy. Fight got hard, and I may have had some glances and mutters about idiot and tactics thrown my way by members of my party.
After that, in front of the house I got the full set of Lieutenants, no one defected. I really wander why since they could see my tactics in the previous fights.
My long training in Adventurer Party Manager helped me to seduce the Owlbear so my right flank was nice. I put my rogue, Octavia and Linzi on the left for long range support and Valerie and Amiri at the Owlbear cage.
Harimm as a priest? No, so I had him leveled as a Druid since lvl 2. I sent him in front of the mansion throw an ensnare and run as fast as he can toward the group.
The owlbear went out and started to eat henchmen but got killed during the meal. The guys came my way got lot of spells, arrows and bolts and hit my shield wall (Valerie and Harimm), Arimi flanked, my rogue flanked. Had to ensnare more because the Stag and his Priestess came to check about all that noise. Retreat. They got tired and left us alone.
At that point, I had killed all the henchmen and 1 lieutenant (I got 3). All my spells and buffs were wasted.
After some rest I cleaned the priestess on the left, Auch came and died.
I went to fight the Stag Lord and the last lieutenant on the right. He was still a hard fight.

How can you do that to the poor Owlbear????? :(

Mine is all alive and free, until well….

I could have killed it in chapter 2 amongst many other owlbears I've slayed… Lol

More information on upcoming DLCs:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/Pathfinder_Kingmaker/announcements/detail/3397298957556853383

DLC #1 - “The Wildcards”
Ardent adventurers of The Stolen Lands will soon have the chance to play the first new DLC! Featuring a new playable race Tieflings, a new playable class Kineticists, and of course combining a race with a class, you get a character! Prepare to welcome your new companion, the Tiefling Kineticist who comes, just like every other companion, with her own rich and engaging storyline. Oleg Shpilchevsky, Head of Owlcat Games explains, “A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.”

The Season Pass and the first DLC “The Wildcards” is due to be released on December 6th, 2018 here on Steam.

DLC #2 - “Varnhold's Lot”
A new bonus campaign. While celebrating your victory at Jamandi Aldori's mansion, you've met another hero of the Stolen Lands: the mercenary captain Maegar Varn. While you're building your barony in the Shrike Hills and Narlmarshes, Varn and his people are establishing their own nation of Varnhold in the rocky foothills of Dunsward. What did they have to face? Play this new story and export the consequences of the choices you've made there into the main campaign! This exciting new side story is about the size of one chapter of our main campaign and will take 6-12 hours to complete, depending on your playstyle.

DLC #3 – “Beneath The Stolen Lands”
A new game mode. Sometimes you want to play a story with memorable characters, rich lore, and a complicated set of choices and consequences. But then there are days when you just want to grab a sword, cast some spells, and destroy a horde of monsters! This DLC will introduce a rogue-like randomly generated endless dungeon, complete with a new unique boss. You can explore it in a separate game, or as a part of your main campaign. How deep can you go?

I like the sound of DLC #3. I know most here like a story with their game but I'm more like Gary Gygax, a war gamer and strategist.

I like the sounds of a big, endless dungeon myself, but cringe when I think of all the rations I'd have to lug around. Maybe someone well-off could spring for a Kraft services franchise to follow me around through the depths?

I like the sounds of a big, endless dungeon myself, but cringe when I think of all the rations I'd have to lug around. Maybe someone well-off could spring for a Kraft services franchise to follow me around through the depths?
I am pretty sure it is going to have shops where you can sell excess stuff and buy better magic items. And resting supplies :)

Back
Top Bottom