Risen 2 Risem 2 How to fix shadow jumping?

Yack

Traveler
Hello Rpgwatch ppl!
I've been downloading Risen 2 and i found out some graphics bug that are really annoying for someone with OCD like me. >:O
I've been able to fix the tree expanding, the objects popping by using a couple of mods.. But the shadow jumping remains. I tried changing values in the xml etc. but doesn't seem like it wants to work; searching through forums as well doesn't end to the finding of the fix. So, pretty pleaseeeeee, halp me!
My rig is pretty mid-end except for the GPU, ( gtx 960 ).

I'm not sure about what could cause shadow jumping.
Nonmodded game worked great on my side (although it was on GTX 560).
You sure all mods you use are okay?

@Joxer: Yes! The shadow jumping occured after installation, modding didn't change anything but values for what i was interested in. So i'm stuck with this bug and can't do shit.
EDIT: To whom it may concern my settings are all maxed out and there is no fps loss or bad quality, resolution native of 1080p.

Just checked the German forums and looks to me like you could try these things:

- You could try turning off the (water) reflections from the in-game menu. Yes, it sounds unrelated to shadows but it has apparently helped people with shadow map display issues.

- If that does not help and you have an AMD graphics card then open your Catalyst Control Center and set Anti-Aliasing to "application controlled". Also, make sure to switch it to a max value of "Multisampling".

@Moriendor: Thanks a lot mate, i'm going to try that stuff. I'm going to come back and say if it works or not so brb!
[I have a nvidia but i can set anti-aliasing and settings nonetheless]

@Moriendor: Thanks a lot mate, i'm going to try that stuff. I'm going to come back and say if it works or not so brb!
[I have a nvidia but i can set anti-aliasing and settings nonetheless]
I tried with both but didn't change anything. The shadow that the sun impose on everything jumps every now and then.. Like if it has an update? I really don't know. Can anyone clear this out?

Ouch that sucks. Well, then... maybe try using your imagination and pretend the jumpy shadows are just some ghosts that Mara is sending after you ;) .

Can you find any videos that show what you're talking about? I'm curious what it looks like. I played through all the Risen games with Nvidia hardware, and I don't think I ever experienced it.

Back
Top Bottom