Darkest Dungeon - Update#2, Brigands & Bosses

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Red Hook Studios has posted the second update for Darkest Dungeon to talk about brigands, bosses, and game dungeons.

Stretch Goals Crushed: Brigands and Bosses!

Thanks to all of you, we are already slaying stretch goals!

HOUNDMASTER ($90k): We put this guy as the first stretch goal because we personally really wanted him in the game! He's too awesome not to do.

We'll give more details about him once Chris has finished the drawing, but let me just say that he has some great combat abilities and his camping skills are not too shabby either. His loyal mastiff gives some great tactical options--a ranged attacker of sorts. And what better to stand on guard while camping than a faithful hound?

WANDERING BRIGANDS ($100k): Heroes aren't the only ones to descend into the dark. The most greedy and desperate also go in search of treasure. And they don't care where the gold comes from. They will happily dispatch weakened adventurers to get the shiny. This band of tough thugs can be found in any dungeon environment, wandering and laying in ambush. On the plus side, they carry treasures that can't be found anywhere else.

BOSS VARIANTS ($125k): Each dungeon environment will now have variant bosses! More content, and more strategies to consider when delving down on KILL quests. Your support is making the game even more "fleshed out"*!

*"Fleshed out" may refer to gigantic amorphous otherworldly blobs of unspeakable evil.

Environment Early Look: Ruins and Weald

In Darkest Dungeon, your recruit and maintain your heroes in The Hamlet and then go on quests into different dungeon environments scattered around your corrupted Estate.

Meet the first two environments! We'll be sharing more information about them as time goes on.

On to Crushing More Stretch Goals!

Thanks so much for your support. You can look forward to lots more exciting Darkest Dungeon information as this campaign goes on!
More information.

Surprise! It would be really nice for Darkest Dungeon to become a new standard in RogueLike.

.. and maybe somehow by the dimensional magical power this awesome process generates let Broken Age and its development house be sunken into the Darkest Dungeon so that gigantic amorphous otherworldly blobs of unspeakable evil could feast on the balls of Timothy Schafer and his pals -> beguiling unsuspecting crowds out of money with massive chalice. Let maggots feast on their double-fine bellies while they rot beside hideous fungi and crumbling gravestones bewailing the unholy day they got into their unfortunate heads the idea to found Double-Fine.

and maybe somehow by the dimensional magical power this awesome process generates let Broken Age and its development house be sunken into the Darkest Dungeon so that gigantic amorphous otherworldly blobs of unspeakable evil could feast on the balls of Timothy Schafer and his pals -> beguiling unsuspecting crowds out of money with massive chalice. Let maggots feast on their double-fine bellies while they rot beside hideous fungi and crumbling gravestones bewailing the unholy day they got into their unfortunate heads the idea to found Double-Fine.

2dt3yhv.jpg

Wow! Lots of interesting & original ideas and the devs appear to be very clued up about what they are they are trying to do. Plus it looks like a realistic project for a small team (i.e. not another Elder Scrolls on a shoe string thing). Worth supporting, I reckon.

This looks interesting, very refreshing concept, hence I've backed it. :)

Daniel.

Back
Top Bottom