Dragon Age: Inquisition - Exploring Hidden Places

aries100

SasqWatch
Cool approach. I think this could be implemented by others. like have 3 patches (mandatory) one each month after release
this could guarantee a certain level of polish

Too bad patches like these are needed, this could have been prevented by proper test management. But I guess the deadline was set for the holiday season, so quality overboard and we'll patch it later!

With massive games like this, several post-release patches are to be expected. What big RPG games such as this don't need patches these days?

Don't tell me you guys are genuinely surprised a few bugs and other issues got through for whatever reason. What concerns me much more is that only three patches seem to be in the works. With DA:O we only got how many? 5?

The game is, overall, a very bug free experience considering its size. I don't think I've ever seen an RPG this big with so few issues, mainly because I haven't seen many RPGs this big.

The game is, overall, a very bug free experience considering its size. I don't think I've ever seen an RPG this big with so few issues, mainly because I haven't seen many RPGs this big.

Just to re-emphasize the size of this game: I am approaching 100 hours in and I feel like I am not even 1/2 through the main plot. I am the kind of "completionist" player that likes to explore a lot. I've had to curb some of that because I don't want to get over-leveled to the point where I won't enjoy main plot missions.

...and I still haven't even set foot on half of the areas that area available to travel to. And who knows how many more will open up if I keep playing.

It's really a shame that inventory management and the crafting system are so annoying to use. Sometimes its almost a sigh of relief when you find an item that already has the stuff you want built-in & ready to go.

You can't go overlevelled as:
- mobs don't net you XP if you outlevel them much
- there are no stupid sandbox grind fetch quests like the same crown finding in Skyrim
- requisition ups just power and influence, not XP
- books/codex entries with symbollic XP (50-150) are limited
- dragons don't respawn

So feel free to go completionist route. Just so you know, because of bugs you probably won't be able to complete all mosaics and areas, but then it's not a huge miss - you'll return to them when those bugs get fixed.

Inventory is horrible, it definetly is, but don't neglect crafing!

You can't go overlevelled as:
- mobs don't net you XP if you outlevel them much
- there are no stupid sandbox grind fetch quests like the same crown finding in Skyrim
- requisition ups just power and influence, not XP
- books/codex entries with symbollic XP (50-150) are limited
- dragons don't respawn

So feel free to go completionist route. Just so you know, because of bugs you probably won't be able to complete all mosaics and areas, but then it's not a huge miss - you'll return to them when those bugs get fixed.

Inventory is horrible, it definetly is, but don't neglect crafing!

Thank you for the clarifications, joxer. I feel a bit better about exploring more now. Oh, and I'm definitely not ignoring crafting. ;)

Back
Top Bottom