1C Company - Announcing 3 Games at PAX

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamewatcher reports that 1C is set to announce three new games at PAX. 1C has previously developed the Kings Bounty series.

Here is how 1C Publishing are describing their three games, which will be playable on day one of the show:

• a unique, hand-drawn strategy RPG game
  • a magic-based arena fighting game
  • a Nordic-themed action RPG
The strategy RPG sounds most likely to be a King's Bounty game as that fits the genre, and the "hand-drawn" aspect sounds like an interesting way to bring the series up-to-date. The last game in the series, King's Bounty: Dark Side, came out four years ago in 2014 - and, it should be pointed out, was announced in April that year.

[...]
More information.

I bet we'll see trio of shovelware.
Instead of Nuclear Union.

I bet we'll see trio of shovelware.
Instead of Nuclear Union.
I agree but a few good games have been published from the company before. It's shame that Nuclear Union is nothing but abandon ware after the last five years.

If one of them is a King's Bounty game, which I hope, I also hope it's actually improved. All the King Bounty's we've played are basically the same game (with some bugs from the original game still not corrected in the last game), with pretty much the same units, same abilities, etc. I love KB but come on!

Agree wolfing, they milked it for all it was worth and then some. The game needs to be completely new.

I hope it is though because I loved KB:TL.

• a unique, hand-drawn strategy RPG game

• a magic-based arena fighting game

• a Nordic-themed action RPG

Respectively:

• very interested

• not interested at all, sorry

• mildly-to-low interested

The last game in the series, King's Bounty: Dark Side, came out four years ago in 2014 - and, it should be pointed out, was announced in April that year

And I suppose that is roughly the development time they invested. Especially the level design was poor and felt like someone stitched it together in a few days. Hope they look more at the design from the earlier games.

I'd be all in for another King's Bounty style game, those were quite good. Maybe they could change it up a little, have some more intrigue or dire choices/consequences this time.

Back
Top Bottom