Upcoming games that you're hyped for.

D

Darth Tagnan

Hey there.

I thought this might be a nice general thread to have as a sticky of sort (like the what games are you playing, etc. threads), and I couldn't find one that quite fit the bill.

Feel free to ignore if you don't agree ;)

---

After E3 this year, I'm more excited about upcoming games than I think I've been since the 90s.

Anyway, wouldn't it be fun to talk about games that we're hyped for?

I'll go first:

I think Cyberpunk 2077 goes without saying. We all know why :)

Obviously, it's not coming for a long time, though - so I'm doing my best not to think about it.

I won't pick more of the obvious ones - because there should be room for others.

But I'm also really interested in No Man's Sky Next - which is coming in just under three weeks. Mostly because of the cooperative multiplayer mode.

So….

What games are YOU excited about that's on the Horizon?

Sadly, I don't have anything on my radar, other than Pathfinder: Kingmaker which will be released very soon :)

Black Geyser is something I will really enjoy if done well! but I have very little faith in that title given the disappointing kickstarter updates.

Other than that, I wonder when Logic Artist will announce a new game since I really enjoyed Expeditions: Viking despite all its flaws.

Last edited:
Sadly, I don't have anything on my radar, other than Pathfinder: Kingmaker which will be released very soon :)

Black Geyser is something I will really enjoy if done well! but I have very little faith in that title given the disappointing kickstarter updates.

Other than that, I wonder when Logistic Artist will announce a new game since I really enjoyed Expeditions: Viking despite all its flaws.

Pathfinder is definitely on my radar too ;)

Never heard of Black Geyser, though.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - looks great and I'm always holding out hope for upcoming party based isometric games.

Knights of the Chalice 2 - I'm ambivalent about the new graphics, but the first one was great do this is an instabuy.

Underworld Ascendant
- yeah my enthusiasm has dampened somewhat with feedback from those who have played the beta, but I'm still hopeful this will be really good.

Longer term it's Starfield, Wasteland 3, and the new Elder Scrolls. I'm not so hyped about Cyberpunk at the minute, but that will probably change as we get closer to release.

Then there a few expansions I'm really looking forward to - primarily Underail.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - looks great and I'm always holding out hope for upcoming party based isometric games.

Knights of the Chalice 2 - I'm ambivalent about the new graphics, but the first one was great do this is an instabuy.

Underworld Ascendant
- yeah my enthusiasm has dampened somewhat with feedback from those who have played the beta, but I'm still hopeful this will be really good.

Longer term it's Starfield, Wasteland 3, and the new Elder Scrolls. I'm not so hyped about Cyberpunk at the minute, but that will probably change as we get closer to release.

Then there a few expansions I'm really looking forward to - primarily Underail.

Keep in mind that my feedback (if that's part of what you're referring to) about Underworld is based only on a very brief time with a backer beta that's obviously not representative of the full game.

At least, I hope it's not :)

There's still a chance it could be very good - I'm just bracing myself.

Yeah, your views chime with some other feedback I've read - basically that a September release date may just be too early. I'm hoping they manage to pull it off.

Cyberpunk
Elex 2

And to a lesser degree…

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
System Shock remake
System Shock 3
Underworld Ascendant
Doom Eternal

Cyberpunk
Elex 2

And, to a lesser degree…

System Shock remake
System Shock 3
Underworld Ascendant
Doom Eternal

Most of those I definitely share :)

Doom, not so much. Elex was also a disappointment to me - but I know it was well received here.

I've also gone a little "meh" on the System Shock Remake after their recent cock-up.

That said, one can never have enough System Shock.

I've also gone a little "meh" on the System Shock Remake after their recent cock-up.

I used to be a lot more hyped for both System Shock and Underworld Ascendant, but my enthusiasm has waned a bit simply from how long those projects are taking to finish.

That said, I no longer expect much from UA. I think it'll probably be an average immersive sim at best. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

My List of Games & yes this might not be all as I have to many to list.

RPGs

Cyberpunk 2077
Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - (Yes its more RPG Now)
Banner Saga 3
Elex 2
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
Valkyria Chronicles 4
GreedFall
Wasteland 3
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace
Two Worlds III
Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods
Disco Elysium
Star Traders: Frontiers
InSomnia: The Ark
Underrail: Expedition
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

PC Strategy/City Builders

Age of Empires IV
Anno 1800
They Are Billions
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Ancient Cities
Iron Harvest
Tropico 6
Phantom Doctrine
Mutant Year Zero
Imperator: Rome
Xenonauts 2
Phoenix Point
The Universim
AI War II
Foundation
Star Control Origins
Age of Wonders: Planetfall
End State

Banner saga 3
I really loved the first two games and I kept my save file so I can continue from where I left off :)

All the xcom like games such as phantom doctrine, phoenix point and mutant year zero. I think those kind of games are pure entertainment.

I think I am also still looking forward to playing games that are on my pc but can't run them well. For example Elex and risen 3. I am planning on splurging on a pc and my first build. So I will have lots of games to play for the coming months.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm not hyped about "release date TBA" games which includes Star Citizen and CP2077.

Currently cannot wait to put my claws on Yakuza 0, AC:Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and My Time in Portia (not it's early access!).

My List of Games & yes this might not be all as I have to many to list.

RPGs

Cyberpunk 2077
Mount & Blade 2 Bannerlord
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - (Yes its more RPG Now)
Banner Saga 3
Elex 2
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
Valkyria Chronicles 4
GreedFall
Wasteland 3
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
Two Worlds II: Shattered Embrace
Two Worlds III
Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods
Disco Elysium
Star Traders: Frontiers
InSomnia: The Ark
Underrail: Expedition
Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness

PC Strategy/City Builders

Age of Empires IV
Anno 1800
They Are Billions
Total War: Three Kingdoms
Ancient Cities
Iron Harvest
Tropico 6
Phantom Doctrine
Mutant Year Zero
Imperator: Rome
Xenonauts 2
Phoenix Point
The Universim
AI War II
Foundation
Star Control Origins
Age of Wonders: Planetfall
End State

That's quite a few :)

Also quite a change from that old cranky Couch from way back. Good to see you enjoying gaming so much again! ;)

Banner saga 3
I really loved the first two games and I kept my save file so I can continue from where I left off :)

All the xcom like games such as phantom doctrine, phoenix point and mutant year zero. I think those kind of games are pure entertainment.

I think I am also still looking forward to playing games that are on my pc but can't run them well. For example Elex and risen 3. I am planning on splurging on a pc and my first build. So I will have lots of games to play for the coming months.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Phoenix Point is high on my list as well. Gotta love the Gollop brothers, even if only one of them is working on this one :)

Btw, both Elex and Risen 3 have quite low system requirements all things considered, if you didn't know.

I'm not hyped about "release date TBA" games which includes Star Citizen and CP2077.

Currently cannot wait to put my claws on Yakuza 0, AC:Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and My Time in Portia (not it's early access!).

Never played Yakuza - but hearing good things about it.

Not a big fan of the AC series - though I sometimes enjoy them for a bit and forget why I don't enjoy them.

The new Tomb Raider series is quite good, though - even if I would like more Tomb Raiding and less Lara Rambo.

I am not hyped for any game right now. The closest I can think of is Imperator: Rome, Dragon Quest 11 and Bard's Tale 4.

That's quite a few :)

Also quite a change from that old cranky Couch from way back. Good to see you enjoying gaming so much again! ;)
Oh I still complain when I can especially about server-based SP GaaS games.:cool:

Back
Top Bottom