Risen Smithin with obsidian ore

Lucinda

Watcher
Hi, great forum!

I am loving Risen so far, and I am well on my way into chapter 2. But one thing is bugging me, and that is that I have 10 obsidian ores, which I seem to remember beeing told in the game, at some point, can be used to forge especially hard weapons or armor with.

Now I already have 3/3 in smithing and can create swords, rings and amulets of all kinds. But I have yet to figure out how to make a sword using obsidian ore instead of iron, and I cannot find any references to it elsewhere on the net.

Does anyone know how, or if, it is possible to forge weapons or armor with obsidian, or is "sharp sword" the best I will be able to make?

You need to show the blacksmith in town (merchant quarter) a blade made of Obsidian Ore. Such a blade can be looted from any Lizardman/Lizard Warrior/etc. Untill you reach that point in the game, you can't get Obsidian weapons.

Edit: Oh, and welcome. :)

You need to show the blacksmith in town (merchant quarter) a blade made of Obsidian Ore. Such a blade can be looted from any Lizardman/Lizard Warrior/etc. Untill you reach that point in the game, you can't get Obsidian weapons.

Edit: Oh, and welcome. :)

Thank you for the quick answer! I guess I will go lizardman hunting then.

And thank you for the welcome :biggrin:

New people are always welcome at the Watch; it's one of the friendliest and most helpful places on the net. Though I might be a trifle biased!! :)

Thanks again for the help, I have my obsidian sword now. But wouldn't you know it; almost right after having forged it, I find both pieces of the Souldrinker blade and now my hard earned obsidian sword is scrap :p

Back
Top Bottom