The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Last edited:
Nice. I am in a weird reliving my youth mode, and checking out some remakes of old disco classics. This is the nicest/smoothest remix of Diana Ross's Love Hangover I've found (in reference to the first half). It's based on the alternative version I believe, with I think, better backing vocals, more subtle percussion, a new organ, and more prominent watery electric piano… The second half isn't as interesting, standard updated disco/house….

http://soundcloud.com/justme91/101-diana-ross-love-hangover

Trioscapes - Separate Realities (2012)
sax + bass+ drrr
Dolphy here and there, it´s fun all in all :).
Blast Off

Last edited:
just discovering the Mars Volta.
It's not the kinda stuff you get into on the first listen, they are very technical and not unlike a trippy Rush at times. The vocalist is even weird and high-pitched like Geddy Lee.

Alternating between Meat Beat Manifesto's "Satyricon" and Cannibal Corpse's titled simply (for once) "Kill"

I know, where did the Cannibal Corpse come from? I dont know, I've had a hankering for real fast, powerful and extreme(for lack of a better term) drumming/rythm guitar, and death metal is the best place to find it. Also, CC's lyrics are just too hilarious. With song titles like "five nails thru the neck", you know youre in for a wild ride :)

New 'gaze! http://soundcloud.com/youwalkthroughwalls (ex-Air Formation duo + one more)
Well, you certainly know how to get my attention. Good stuff, indeed. I've been horrible about looking for new music for over a year now. Haven't really had the money to buy new stuff and the redesign (aka utter destruction) of MySpace made me lose track of several small indie groups I'd been interested in. Some day, I'll get back to it...

Anathema is out with a new album: "Weatherr Systems", their 9th, I think. Here's The Strom Before the Calm

They started as a Doom Metal band, but changed style radically into "Alternative Prog Rock". I think it they're great.

Pibbur plays on line games to this kind of music.

just discovering the Mars Volta.
It's not the kinda stuff you get into on the first listen, they are very technical and not unlike a trippy Rush at times. The vocalist is even weird and high-pitched like Geddy Lee.

A friend of mine called their music prog rock on speed, even if afaik they don't do drugs anymore. Lots of substance as you get used to them.

The album Prisoner with the Australian The Jezabels. Indie pop of some kind, with nice, atmospheric guitarr arrangements. For those of you who don't like Grooveshark, here is a youtube sample. You can find most of the album on youtube as well (the songs with the yellow album cover for a video are the ones you're looking for).

Übereil, who figures there will be more than one person here who will find the 80's vibes in their music pleasing to the ear

Back
Top Bottom