RPGWatch Feature: - The Mandate What's It About?

Dead Island? Never heard.
Dungeon Siege 3 is not MMO right? Sure, it just means if you don't go MMO (coop), your NPC sidekick will stand exactly at spots where it'll get hurt by floor traps and dangerous stuff as who needs AI in a MMO coop game.

As said, I'll pass it, sorry. Good luck.

The single player version does not look as including cooperation.
You are the ship captain of a ship and so are the other players. There is no need for a cooperative AI or human intelligence.

Cooperation is a gimmickey word most of the times these days, meaning what was called earlier a multiplayer mode.

If they do their stuff well, you might miss something in the grand scheme of things by playing this game in SP. Doubtful than on half a million budget, they can deliver on their vision.

The single player version does not look as including cooperation.
You are the ship captain of a ship and so are the other players. There is no need for a cooperative AI or human intelligence.

Cooperation is a gimmickey word most of the times these days, meaning what was called earlier a multiplayer mode.

If they do their stuff well, you might miss something in the grand scheme of things by playing this game in SP. Doubtful than on half a million budget, they can deliver on their vision.

That's how I feel as well. The project looks very promising and interesting, but there are so many elements that each require the budget that they are asking for the whole game. It is risky and very very few tried it (Larian with Dragon Commander for example).

I hope that they focus on SP only for starters; co-op and multiplayer routes to me indicate that they don't/can't have resources for AI programming.

I'm always very reluctant to buy or pledge games that are mainly coop/multiplayer, my mind translates "you can also play single player" to ... "yes, you can play it. It's not fun, but you can play it".

Last edited:
Game looks fantastic and something that might be a day one purchase. But I don't know these guys and 500K looks funny to me (I know, I know a fraction of a normally produced game). So no pledge from me. But I did star the game and will be interested if the game ever becomes a reality.

"A single player RPG that supports up to 6 players for cooperative game-play. Designed to be enjoyed completely alone, or with rich rewards for those who choose to tactically band together".

So no it's not an MMO, just has a coop multiplayer mode… or would have if they got to make it.

Great game concept, in theory, but they won't make 500k and even if they did wouldn't be able to do justice to the concept on that budget. At best they could perhaps make something like FTL. For that reason, I'm out.

Had a change of heart on this one. Their updates and ideas are impressive and I think their early attention to detail on preproduction and middleware is the right way to go. Still think it's a risky proposition..., but backed.

Please don't try to talk sense to joxer… His answers make my head hurt ;)

Optional coop = MMO ;)

I guess that means Baldur's Gate is an MMO…. Hehe, whatever.

Quted for truth:)

Oh and backed.

I finally caved in on this one. For some reason I was thinking this was some sort of episodic game, where they'd release it in episodes, but, even if that was the case, I couldn't find a trace of that anymore on the KS page, so...

I very much like the game concept, and I've been craving sci-fi lately. :)

Back
Top Bottom