Raven's Cry - Giant Bomb Quick Look

I literally don't even notice animations in RPGs. If I had a list of all the important elements of an RPG, I wouldn't even include animations! ^^ This is just me, though.

I thought combat was alright in the beta I played, although I had some issues with the controls at first. Mr. Hassinger told me there were alternate controls but I didn't get a chance to try them.

And combat is the most important element of the game? Not according to me. :) In a game like this, the story is more important, as they obviously put a lot of their effort into the storytelling.

hmmm, weren't these guys already in dire straits, financially? The negative reviews might be a death knell for them. Perhaps they can generate some kickstarter money if they make Two Worlds Three. I'd throw some big bucks at that.

I'll probably buy RC too, but not for a while.

That might be the reason why this game was released in such a state crpgnut. They might have run out of money. And it's a pity because Raven's Cry has a lot of potential.

I'm not sure RC was supposed to be this.
The publisher/developer call it an action-adventure role-playing video game. So I wonder if this is a new genre being born, or just a play on words from the publisher?:thinking:

action/adventure, now that smells more like no endless respawning and no diabloclone. :)

Unlike ships AI, groundenemy trashmobs AI is bugged. Many are "scared" to attack you so you just buttonmash them down because they don't hit back. AI on hammer wielding soldiers, chieftains and ranged mobs is not bugged, you can't take them out easily, but those are rare.

And the publisher said historically accurate ships, but the truth is that ships have 4 masts instead of historically 3. ;)
EA should have trained you not to trust publishers. :p

Is there much to explore in this game joxer? From what I'm hearing and seeing towns are, mostly, film set decorations and wilderness is lifeless and devoid of anything which would encourage exploration?

It's like in real life.
No 38472563487358 bears just waiting for you.
You don't talk to everyone in a bus/train right? Well, you won't talk to everyone in ports here. Townies are not hostile as this is not a game where everything just wants to end your existence, you can attack and kill them if you're playing an evil pirate.

You will find a few trinkets if you explore islands, but nothing more than that. From my experience. Maybe I missed a treasuremap or something somewhere, but… Sadly, you're not supposed to explore colonies. Colonists cleaned pretty much everything. Islands with natives you *should* explore. Now on them there are things you want to get.

Back
Top Bottom