Kingmaker - Player Survey

Well, I don't think console version is a right way to go. I also prefer RTwP and since Kingmaker is designed for RTwP, I really don't see how console version and potential TB combat will improve the game.

Here's my response to Owlcat after I finished the survey:

I really hope Owlcat Games don't take the popularity of PoE, D:OS2 and other games too seriously - I love Kingmaker as it is, and I hope Owlcat Games keep their own vision and don't get too affected by other game features.

If getting a console version of Kingmaker also means we're getting turn-based combat in Kingmaker, then count me in as a console supporter. Just don't make me ever play a game on one.

I wouldnt mind turn based combat either. But instead of re-designing RTwP based game for release on consoles I would like to see something new, designed as TB from the scratch. I didnt have yet time to play PoE2 in TB mode so Im unsure how they tackled it, but in my mind I see huge differences in encounter design between RTwP and TB.

For me it's great news. Maybe i'll be able to play it without lag and stutter. Now, paying twice for the same game it's a boundary for me but i'll overlook it this time.

Last edited:
A console port cant get rid of all those load screens. At least they patched the game to load faster, and added an option to speed up loading at the cost of performance.

I'm ok with loading screens compared to lag. At least , this is what i say now as i haven't progressed a lot in the game.

Didnt have serious performance problems myself. Sometimes game would become bit laggy because of spell effects during battle and I experienced few crashes, but thats basically it. And I wouldnt say my pc is something extra special with i5,1060,SSD. Personally I wouldnt keep my hopes up for console port having better performance, but thats just me.

The game has severe freezing problems on PC:
- if interrupted by an outside source, for example you've received a message on Viber, it freezes permanently even if it's just started and is idling on the main menu screen
- for some unknown reason it freezes during playing it, but you can let it run and it'll unfreeze itself in a couple of minutes (this is classic Unity problem)
- apparently Alt+Tab can cause game freezing, but I cannot confirm this (I don't alttab often while playing a game)

When frozen, on win10 it's almost impossible to kill it. Alt+F4 refuses to work while to bring up Task Manager and end the game process Ctrl+Alt+Del won't help - you need to create second desktop and bring up the task manager inside that one.

Consoles probably won't have this problem as Unity doesn't care about PC.
Loadscreens @Couchpotato; already mentioned are irrelevant, console audience is trained to wait on loading for hours and they believe it's still normal in 2019.

You can skip all of those problems by using windowed fullscreen mode instead of fullscreen.

Back
Top Bottom