And the new Diablo game is...

They're not reviewing for fans.

Its like the commercials I see for giant multi-billion corporations. The advertising agencies pitch to the companies opinions of themselves and not actual customers. It works because the suits are out of touch.

Same thing is going on here - the "journalists" suck up to companies to get benefits. They don't get paid by readers.

Not off to the best start, but there are more announcements coming, right?

I think this is it. Warcraft 3 remaster and a phone game. I glanced over their schedule and I saw nothing suggesting any new announcements. I might have missed it, though.

I completely understand the development of the mobile C&C and Diablo games, as there's a ton of money to be made in the mobile market. However, EA and Blizzard clearly don't understand when and where to announce such a thing, as E3, BlizzCon and so on mainly attract hardcore gamers.

I find it strange that they're so bad at reading their own audience. I wonder what they were expecting?

Same thing is going on here - the "journalists" suck up to companies to get benefits. They don't get paid by readers.
Are we starting this shoot-the-messanger crap again??

I find it strange that they're so bad at reading their own audience. I wonder what they were expecting?
Me too. Going to a PC Gamer crowd and telling them there won't be a PC game coming??

Bit fast on the subtitles. But still a solid interview.

:lol:

Last edited:

Bit fast on the subtitles. But still a solid interview.

:lol:
Just one correction your video is embedded wrong.:)

You only need the last numbers to wrap in the YouTube button.

v=Y3CvVuhJI8o

Last edited:
I completely understand the development of the mobile C&C and Diablo games, as there's a ton of money to be made in the mobile market. However, EA and Blizzard clearly don't understand when and where to announce such a thing, as E3, BlizzCon and so on mainly attract hardcore gamers.

This is the correct take. I think there's people overly hurt on both sides. Most of the market for Diablo mobile is probably at home, not even knowing there's a thing called Blizzcon. Of course, there's the vocal hardcore fans that that are also whiny-pants that Blizzard dared do a mobile game. Then there's Blizzard trying to censor the fan reaction, and when has that EVER worked? They could just say something like "oops, maybe we will look at adding PC and/or console support, and also, we're still doing Diablo 4".

Put all the drama aside, I think it's great having a mobile version. Why wouldn't it be cool to do some hack n' slash on the can, on the train/bus, or in bed sometimes? Just hoping it's more of a side project, and not the evolution of the genre.

I have nothing against the mobile game itself, but as couple of you said it was presented to the wrong audience that was expecting something completely different. And the way they handled the criticism is just pathetic.

I was simply hoping that Diablo might return to its roots, ala the first and second games. I never thought they'd make a mobile game only, therefore, in my opinion, making it more awful than the online requirement of the third game.

And who are these people that want to play computer games on tiny screens? I use my Switch when traveling, but certainly hardly ever to play at home. The whole concept just seems super weird to me.

It's not that they presented a good product to the wrong crowd. There's also the fact that the mobile game looks like a cheap knock-off of a NetEase MMO…

So yeah. Future of gaming. :lol:

Last edited:
This is the correct take. I think there's people overly hurt on both sides. Most of the market for Diablo mobile is probably at home, not even knowing there's a thing called Blizzcon. Of course, there's the vocal hardcore fans that that are also whiny-pants that Blizzard dared do a mobile game. Then there's Blizzard trying to censor the fan reaction, and when has that EVER worked?
Yep, Streisand-effect in a related form. It's hard to understand that the guys responsible for marketing in a company like this still don't know how the internet culturally works.

‪but everyone has a phone right? doesnt everyone carry one on you at all times? How is having diablo everywhere you go a bad thing?‬

This is not the forum or site for you. Move on Apple shill.

See we care more about SP CRPGs not phone games.:cool:

I just don't see myself playing Diablo on mobile… furiously clicking away my phone screen, cursing, red faced, looking like a total maniac on the way to work/home lol. No thanks. I will do that at home when I'm not at a risk to be put into mental hospital by others (or at the least seriously frowned upon) :)

It's not that they presented a good product to the wrong crowd. There's also the fact that the mobile game looks like a cheap knock-off of a NetEase MMO…
A NetEase MMO: https://youtu.be/DFIFm3daHHY?t=835
Or here: https://youtu.be/jTTBag6sF_I?t=422

My mom would say they look exactly alike but… really? It's action based like Diablo but there are hundreds of games like that. The graphics are weak but you can't expect a lot from tiny box like a phone. Maybe NetEase has an MMO that looks more like Diablo:Immortal?

‪but everyone has a phone right? doesnt everyone carry one on you at all times? How is having diablo everywhere you go a bad thing?‬
<flips open his phone> Uhh, does this work for Kyocera OS? ;)

A NetEase MMO: https://youtu.be/DFIFm3daHHY?t=835
Or here: https://youtu.be/jTTBag6sF_I?t=422

My mom would say they look exactly alike but… really? It's action based like Diablo but there are hundreds of games like that. The graphics are weak but you can't expect a lot from tiny box like a phone. Maybe NetEase has an MMO that looks more like Diablo:Immortal?

I was not talking about every NetEase game (at least, so far), there's some very specific matches with the MMO Endless of God (or whatever the correct translation is). Developed by NetEase, who are also developing Diablo: Immortal for Blizzard. So, highly doubtful this is a coincidence.
The UI and several animations are nearly identical. And that's just from the Immortal footage that we already have. Some (but not all) of these similarities are, e.g., described here: https://youtu.be/g4fcrLBwNYI?t=947

(Actually, your examples show that the UI seems to be nearly identical in all of these NetEase games. But I did not check animations.)

But worry not, they'll use the Diablo font, so it will be the original Diablo experience. ;)

I never played any Warcraft games.

They're more about strategy, right? In that case I'm likely not interested.

I rarely play any games on mobile, so I don't really care about the new Diablo. But my guess is: if ANYONE can do a good mobile game, it'll be Blizzard. So who knows? Maybe I'll end up liking it.

I can never feel physically comfortable when playing mobile games. I have some casual puzzle-kind of games on mobile that I play from time to time, a couple minutes here and there, on the train, or in a waiting room. Just never clicked with the small format for gaming.

I think the last Warcraft game I played was the second one, before the whole battlenet garbage system. I quite enjoyed those first two games, but this is another series that I'm fairly certain is dead to me, now.

Back
Top Bottom