Mass Effect: Andromeda - Can't be fixed

I don't understand all the hate around this dev. Beside DA2 (that I enjoyed anyway, and that improved many aspects of combat system) their games are far to be a pile of crap.

OP article is just showing Jared is feeble minded and unable of analyzing or even collect information. I don't understand the collection of reviewers idiots the Internet succeed to build.

inquisition might be mmoesque but its decent and compared to this piece of shit a masterpiece
You played it? The quick affirmation let suspect it's just a shouting hate.

Really explain a bit such hateful affirmation.

I don't understand all the hate around this dev.
You don't? Then let me enlighten you. Ever heard about first impressions and pre-programming?
A company releases10 hours gameplay teaser to give people the taste of their newest masterpiece. It turns out to be a turd. And the news of its turdishness are spread far and wide.
Now, even if the whole game (now patched) isn't really so bad, people have been pre-programmed to be more aware of the bad than the good sides.

I still can't comprehend how it was possible to release that teaser in a state it was.

…do hate the combat changes making it an action game…
I also feel weird they removed the hud pause system in MEA. But Im' not sure it would work as well because the MEA combats are a lot more dynamics, a lot more fluid, that means that such pause system usually doesn't fit very well pure real time action, the transition between pauses and non pause quickly break rhythm, action dynamism, more.

Still I'd like a lot have the option, but not sure I would use it as much.

I wish it had, say, Mass Effect 2 combat,
Mass Effect 3 combats are quite better than those of ME2, you have bizarre tastes in my opinion:
- There's a lot more weapons choices in ME3 and that's far to be a detail.
- ME2 abused weirdly of plenty totally artificial covers in many combats areas, very weird, problem solved in ME3.
- The cover jump to another cover is a cool tool and no way you are forced to use it if you hate it.
- The ME3 roll in any direction is much better and more easy to use than the weird roll of ME2.
- ME3 merges much better than any other games in series, interesting enemy AI and combats design probably with addition of scripting or stuff like that. ME1 is just weak on that in comparison of all titles, and ME2 is quite inferior for enemy AI and often scripts are too visible and a bit ridicule.
- Like ME2 design of combats is the most polished of the series, this building a quite better diversity than both ME1 and MEA. But ME3 is even better thanks to a better balance between dynamism and positioning.
- The companions manual healing is a cool plus.
- The ammo restore management is much better implemented in ME3, in ME2 there's countless time you are seeking tediously for some ammo, if not sometime do some tedious walk back.
- and Im' pretty sure I could find more showing the clear and significant superiority of ME3 combats in comparison of ME2 combats.

but other than that, I fully recommend it.
Myself I don't recommend it yet until they have cleaned a lot more their auto saves and non saves system. I replayed the first planet using as an introduction, and it's a great area to explore every corners alas with the weird saving it spoil a lot of the fun.

Otherwise I agree it fully worth a recommendation, but I would add that in my opinion it's not one of those RPG almost mandatory to play for a RPG fan.

I've been playing and enjoying it for about 78 hours so far
As a slow player I put about 100H to finish it and still had many stuff not done.

For me the first 30H hadn't been great. The main reason are:
- Habitat 7 is the best planet if you ignore it's small area in comparison of other planets. But the no saves system and the awful auto save system wasted most of my fun at first play.
- Then I played a lot of Eos and then Voeld, a choice error, they have the less good writing quality, this making their filling less fun. They both use very similar designs, deserts both hot/cold, similar threatening climate system, similar enemies bases systems. That was a play choice error, but I hadn't the right reflex to check more planets and merge more smartly plays of multiple planets to manage myself a better diversity.

So the first 30H, perhaps a bit more, was ok but nothing great and not much stuff really good, just a pleasant time killer. Then I started Havarl, perhaps not a much better writing, but a quite better gmaeplay based on walk than vehicle gameplay of most planets.

And then I chained with Kadara and Elaaden, that have the best writing, and both succeed build the feeling of alien mood, Kadara with astute use of some colors, and Elaaden because of an unusual desert design a lot more unusual than Eos. Add to that second city hub that opened. That phase of play was a great fun for me, it was about 40-50H of great to good fun. Then the moon planet broke the charm, explore more Voeld to colonize it was still just good time killing, I made a few multiplayer sessions through the missions linked to single player which was ok fun but nothing great for me, and the final isn't bad but not that great either.

So at end my first play was about 50H of good to great fun and 50H of just fairly good time killing. But Im' pretty sure I could have managed it much better to make the whole more fun.

Also I under exploited the crafting because I refused do a lot of scanning with vehicle, the problem is if I avoided an element tedious for me, I also didn't get much fun from polishing equipment.

You don't? Then let me enlighten you. Ever heard about first impressions and pre-programming?
If you haven't learned yet the expectations and what you dream of future games is just your imagination, then it's more you the problem.

Or are you a kid discovering publicity can be misguiding? Grow up first if you want argue seriously on this aspect.

A company releases10 hours gameplay teaser to give people the taste of their newest masterpiece. It turns out to be a turd. And the news of its turdishness are spread far and wide.
Now, even if the whole game (now patched) isn't really so bad, people have been pre-programmed to be more aware of the bad than the good sides.

I still can't comprehend how it was possible to release that teaser in a state it was.
I didn't played this teaser, the first area, Habitat 7 is a great area to explore in deep, it has a great collection of great combats with a polished design and a good diversity thanks to the design efforts.

If you find this turd I can just smile, anyway instead of hating dev you should be thankful they allowed you skip the game after a try, it's a total absurdity to hate dev for that.

That's the only arguments you have? Wooo I can't believe it, it would be Steam forum, I would tear off your head with a huge bashing.

I enjoyed DAI even though it wasn't exactly what I wanted out of a DA series game. I never could really get into any of the ME games because I think the combat is weak…
ME1 combats are weak to very average and sometimes relatively good, ME2 combats are much much better and ME3 combats are even better.

Now you need enjoy shooting with covers plus optionally managing a bit some companions during combats. What to say, DAO combat system has its stupid design elements like the idiot potions system, but it's the RPG with the highest care of polishing every single combat, and the best polishing and tuning of each combats or almost each of them.

Alas dev quoted you could just give up on design of each combat, design a fairly good combat system, throw pack of enemies for fake combats design and get the fame of the best RPG ever, that is Skyrim. So they tried follow what players was clearly enjoying, crap combats design. And focused in DAI and MEA on just designing a combat system allowing minimize time spend on designing any single combat.

But no way ME first trilogy fails in that Elder Scroll absurdity, ME1 half fails much more because of its combat system and abuse of combat design cloning, plus weird weapons design. At end, ME2&3 can't have combats comparable to DAO, but more diversified and deeper than almost all AAA CRPG including any Elder Scroll and any the Witcher.

I never could really get into any of the ME games because I think … and the RPG systems are weak,
Well RPG system is very vague. What you mean exactly? For sure it's an uncommon RPG blueprint, but no way they are shooters.

and Andromeda feels the same with one of the worst UIs ever created to top it off.
In fact some weird aspect of the UI are coming from the insane diversity of equipments. No way it could be manageable with a single inventory and without sub sections. You clearly have no idea how many equipment there are and the absurd amount of significant crafting there is.

Otherwise for combats, MEA fails reproduce quality/diversity of some ME3 (nor even ME2), but it's that sort of combat system dynamic enough to provide a pure good fun of action with a bit of tactics.

And for RPG system, you need be more precise, but in general, MEA is more classic and more developed on many classic RPG elements. At least inside a RPG blueprint oriented to open world and shooting.

EDIT: If you are looking for a blueprint more standard, and closer to 3D RPG of first half of 00's, then it's ME1 that does the trick. Alas on many aspects it is far to have a quality of fun. Still for many players it is still the best so it worth a try to take your chance.

Started the game postpatch only to discover codex scourge entry is still impossible to set as read, "!" remains bugging the menu.

In patch logs I don't see Running for Fever (impossible to trigger) quest being fixed and some other annoyances that were on top of my head, but it's possible some things are undocumented or need a replay, can't be sure but since I'm playing Prey now, there is absolutely no way I'll return instantly on ME4 just to check every reported issue if fixed or not.

Additional note, if someone started and is playing already through NewGame+, the patch will not remove transferred quest items automatically - you'll have to start a new game+. This is not a new bug but is expected.

Looks like the non sense auto save isn't targeted, I'll probably never replay this game.

Mass Effect 3 combats are quite better than those of ME2, you have bizarre tastes in my opinion:...

I only mentioned ME2 because it's the one freshest in my mind (received it for free with my Playstation Plus subscription so I played it again a couple of months ago). Basically anything would be better than MEA's combat for me.

A company releases10 hours gameplay teaser to give people the taste of their newest masterpiece..
No. It started before the release of the demo. The reception of the demo was already tainted by opinions of people who had a chip on their shoulder.

I only mentioned ME2 because it's the one freshest in my mind (received it for free with my Playstation Plus subscription so I played it again a couple of months ago). Basically anything would be better than MEA's combat for me.
I don't remember they ever bored me, but let make clear that I always skipped any I could and never bothered replay any area, so I totally ignored the respawn thing. Second aspect, with my skills levels, I found them tedious at Normal and fun at Hardcore.

The MEA combats lack of a design forced structure, that's their weakness, and that's why, in my opinion, those of ME2&3 are better from a full play point of view. Still they have a dynamism that generates a lot of variations of a same combat, area structure of many combats has some sophistication and it helps setup a base of design for the combat, there are some variations of enemies behaviors and skills so the composition of a set of enemies has some influence on the design of the combat, enemies AI is a bit more interesting than in ME3 and quite more than in ME2. Im' not saying AI is human but that it generates interesting points and small tactical decisions.

I also really enjoyed experiment with the multiple very different weapons, that sort of play approach helps increase resulting diversity a lot.

But I will have hard time to explain why MEA combats never bored me, it's related to pure action fun, perhaps not fully diversified and tactical but generating a lot of micro decisions, and an action that is far to be automatic.

Sorry just noticed same story was already posted in general forum...

Congrat to haters they are soon to succeed to have kill one of the rare dev of AAA RPG. I had predicted it not that long ago, here it comes, world madness.

It wasn't a murder but a suicide.

It's not that bad …. forget the Kett, my Ryder just wants to sleep with as many aliens as possible. Kinda like Captain Kirk. Besides, it takes my mind off politics.

It's not that bad …. forget the Kett, my Ryder just wants to sleep with as many aliens as possible. Kinda like Captain Kirk. Besides, it takes my mind off politics.

As far as I could tell when playing the game, all romance options are turned off as soon as you sleep with anyone, so.. you're going to do a lot of replaying.

As far as I could tell when playing the game, all romance options are turned off as soon as you sleep with anyone, so.. you're going to do a lot of replaying.

What you mean? Only single romance per play through? No threesomes etc? I though there was trophy for romancing more than one of your team mates?

Back
Top Bottom