Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm past the bloom, phew, what a ride :D Very, very happy. I'm going to spend some more time looking after my kingdom now before adventuring again.

I think the bloom storyline ties nicely in with why kingdom management is very important in this game :p

Congrats! :) They give you a lot of time to "pick up the pieces" after The Bloom. That's where I had to savescum a little and set Kingdom Management to Easy because my kingdom was crumbling and I was getting game overs. Now it's in "rioting" stage but much more manageable.

Last edited:
Question - Since Transmutation spells mostly buff the party, what bonus is there for Octavia in getting Spell Focus or even Greater Spell Focus for those schools? Does the bonus from a spell like Bear's Endurance or Cat's Grace get higher? Seems like a Spell Focus there wouldn't do much for that school of magic…

Also, is there a bug with Nok-Nok? His damage used to be 11-20 with each hand, but when I give him +1 Kukri's the damage goes to 1-3. Even equipping a dagger or something else, it's still 1-3. Weird glitch or something?

Edit - It's a confirmed bug. Bummer. Nok-Nok went from being overpowered to just another party member :(

Last edited:
Tip: If you ever find the one-handed club Grim Finale, give it to Harrim. For me, it causes a hilarious bug where he "dies" every time I enter the throne room after passing some time on the kingdom management map.

It's a quite ironic bug, as long as it is Harrim that is on the receiving end. :biggrin:

Question: What are the long term effects of not doing Harrims companion quest? (unwanted legacy)

Reason for question:
Letting Tartuk have his own vassal kingdom makes completing the quest impossible. Which in my opinion is a stupid design decision, because there is really no logical connection between the two decisions. The reason for not being able to enter the Trobold dungeon afterwards is completely arbitrary / contrived.

Fluent, I think you're right. I have 3 villages, but each is in a different area. For some reason I thought they were all in the outskirts. I keep playing chapter 1. The kingdom stuff bores me to tears, but I enjoy the battles. Will set my next game to auto but I'm waiting for patches.

Question: What are the long term effects of not doing Harrims companion quest? (unwanted legacy)

Reason for question:
Letting Tartuk have his own vassal kingdom makes completing the quest impossible. Which in my opinion is a stupid design decision, because there is really no logical connection between the two decisions. The reason for not being able to enter the Trobold dungeon afterwards is completely arbitrary / contrived.

Probably not getting access to his later quests. Each companion has several, like a chain of quests, so you're probably out of luck there, as am I. Ah well. For your other post I found it funny that Harrim died in that fight. I should have just let him stay dead as that's what he would have wanted, but I wanted to torture the old bastard with some more livin'. :D

And I wonder what happens if you give Grim Finale to Jaethal? o_O

Probably not getting access to his later quests. Each companion has several, like a chain of quests, so you're probably out of luck there, as am I.
Okay, I think I'll save "Kobold Kingdom" for another playthrough.

And I wonder what happens if you give Grim Finale to Jaethal? o_O

I won't try that. It seems like Harrim is permanently bugged (cursed) with that now. Not a big deal but.. oh well.

Annnd the dragon/Crag Linnorm goes down! :) That was a satisfying battle. You can damage the dragon using any weapons but to finish it off you need cold iron weapon, or it will forever be regenerating and never die.

Gah, my Kingdom status has been changed to "worried" recently and I just cannot get it back to "stable" status. It all happened when I agreed to build a hospital upon my advisor's request, which automatically costed me -50bp, putting my kingdom in dept (-25bp or something). Since then, I never hit negative bp again, no riots, not problems, and yet I can't get it back to "stable". Any tips on what I need to do? I'm off to Varnhold now, and I'm worried by the time I come back my kingdom is all crumbled.

Maybe the worried status is related to a quest, rather than some kingdom event/status?

mmm...I'm dreading kingdom management. I didn't choose the auto option, because I want to see what it's like, and I've just become a baron or whatever...

On another note, I'm reading bad things on the forum about a stat stacking bug that makes the game unplayable. I have the latest patch...anyone encountered this? Should I stop playing?

mmm…I'm dreading kingdom management. I didn't choose the auto option, because I want to see what it's like, and I've just become a baron or whatever…

On another note, I'm reading bad things on the forum about a stat stacking bug that makes the game unplayable. I have the latest patch…anyone encountered this? Should I stop playing?

EDIT: I see they have released a hotfix for the stacking that goes live in 2 hours.

I'm curious, what levels were you when you reached the stag Lord fortress? I'm currently level 4, I see people mentioning level 5 and end of the first chapter but it's not clear whether they were already at 5 when starting the final map or if it's finishing the first chapter that gets you there.

Mainly asking because I'm at the stag Lord's fortress gates but haven't explored all the world map, so if there's enough side content to get to 5 before the main event I'd be interested. I like fireballs 💥 too much to miss the chance to use them early :)

Gah, my Kingdom status has been changed to "worried" recently and I just cannot get it back to "stable" status. It all happened when I agreed to build a hospital upon my advisor's request, which automatically costed me -50bp, putting my kingdom in dept (-25bp or something). Since then, I never hit negative bp again, no riots, not problems, and yet I can't get it back to "stable". Any tips on what I need to do? I'm off to Varnhold now, and I'm worried by the time I come back my kingdom is all crumbled.

The people don't like when the kingdom is in debt. Buy BP from Hassuf. Also, don't go to Varnhold until your arcanists warn you you have limited time left. Use that time to build your kingdom back, maybe throw a feast for the afflicted (1000 BP but raises your worried back to stable.) Also make sure all your stats are decent and 20-ish, sans Espionage which is harder to raise right now. The people also don't like when your kingdom is lacking in kingdom stats. And worried is not that bad, next is troubled, then riots, then crumbling. Also have someone who's ranked up enough address the barony if you can.

I'm curious, what levels were you when you reached the stag Lord fortress? I'm currently level 4, I see people mentioning level 5 and end of the first chapter but it's not clear whether they were already at 5 when starting the final map or if it's finishing the first chapter that gets you there.

Mainly asking because I'm at the stag Lord's fortress gates but haven't explored all the world map, so if there's enough side content to get to 5 before the main event I'd be interested. I like fireballs 💥 too much to miss the chance to use them early :)

Level 4 for Stag Lord is normal progression.

I was level four when I completed the Stag Lord area, dinged level five on a few folks via a random encounter on the way back to the outpost afterwards. Man, that Stag guy was tough, glad I had a few mercs throw in to help my team out in the end or it would have been quite ugly for me.

@azarhal; or others, Is there a way to stop time, either with a trainer or cheat code? I didn't realize Chapter 4 had a time limit until it was too late. I can still finish it legitimately but I have to run back to my capital to get Diamonds and Diamond Dust to cast spells with, I forgot to carry it, and if I do that I'll fail the quest and it'll be game over. I want to turn off time just to do that then turn it back on. Any ideas?

And when
the arcanists in Chapter 4 are terrified of evil magic attacks coming, is that an instant game over when that time limit runs out? Edit - It is.

Last edited:
mmm…I'm dreading kingdom management. I didn't choose the auto option, because I want to see what it's like, and I've just become a baron or whatever…

I'd suggest turning on Invincible Kingdom for a first run. It takes some time getting used to how it works and time is precious in the game. I had to save/reload to get past a part where my kingdom was game-overing me from crumbling (Invincible Kingdom turns that off, but this was before that option was added.) And the game doesn't do a great job of telling you how to approach things. It can be rough later on when you've realized you did a bad job and things are crumbling. Just a warning.

Huge tip on curse part 3. Don't confuse this with Varnhold vanishing quest (it's very confusing since Linzi says something about the curse struck our neighbour this time around, which is actually referring to curse part 4, not 3!!!). I was all the way up the mountains to investigate this, then curse 3 starts, I left immediately for my kingdom which still took like a week, only to find my kingdom is in shamble. Curse part 3 starts off on 1 day of the new month when you have around 20 days left in the timer. You deal with it via kingdom system (each day you delays kingdom suffers massive stat damage), then head straight to Baldhill to whack some monsters. A week later, you will get notified by your councillors, this may not be a curse etc. then timer for the curse 4 starts (which I think is Varnhold quest line). I wasted 2 days because of this confusion, ugh.

Back
Top Bottom