Underworld - Definitive Edition released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Swords and Sorcery - Underworld - Definitive Edition has been released today:

Swords and Sorcery - Underworld is a party-based, first person view role-playing game with turn-based combat and a square grid 3D environment. The art was made by a professional comics illustrator.

• Abstract yet deeply tactical combat, with distance and timing management. Your characters can evade or enter the melee, wait and take their turn a little later, hide, order the group forward or back. Many combat options will depend on positionning choices you make.
  • Characters will develop a variety of abilities and strengths that depend on their class. Knights, for instance, learn Ambidextria, Powerhouse and Berserk as they develop.
  • 40 spells (Priest and Sorcerer, outdoor and indoor, combat and non-combat).
  • Over 100 illustrated enemies, many of which have one or two special abilities that offer varied challenges. Some, for instance will summon new enemies. Some will throw bombs, turn characters to stone or lock them in an inferno until the battle ends... If they survive that long...
  • 250 items, many with magical or otherwise valuable properties.
  • Three towns to discover and travel back to for food, equipment, healing and other services offered by NPCs.
  • Many unique NPCs that will offer quests, help your party gain in strength, guide you or deceive you.
  • Traps, puzzles, slides and teleports add a variety of non-combat challenges. Puzzles are largely integrated in your interaction with the game world.
  • Dynamic world map illustrates 20 levels as they are discovered.
  • 40 fullscreen story illustrations.
  • Find books to read that contain clues for quests and flesh out the backstory.
  • A bestiary allows you to collect notes on monsters containing clues for quests and indications as to how to defeat the monster described.
More information.

Thanks Hiddenx :)

I'll leave this here too then:

If you got a previous version of Underworld on the site check your emails. Steam key and direct download included!

If you got it from Gamersgate my apologies for the delay. It'll be done!

I haven't received my copy yet Charles!! :)

Hey Charles,

Just made a party and I am starting out...just want to shout out it looks 100 times better with the new improvements.

I'm hoping with the sequel you add more races and classes so as to give party composition a bit more interesting ideas.

Got to say overall the impression is much better then the last version, and I liked that one!

Hey Charles,

Just made a party and I am starting out…just want to shout out it looks 100 times better with the new improvements.

I'm hoping with the sequel you add more races and classes so as to give party composition a bit more interesting ideas.

Got to say overall the impression is much better then the last version, and I liked that one!

Thank you :)

I haven't received my copy yet Charles!! :)

Hi Corwin, could you confirm getting my last messages, about language switch (F7) and such? My responses don't appear after sending.

Is this a "start over from the beginning" upgrade or will it import existing savegames? I played the old version quite a bit, but the difficulty seemed to ratchet up quite high during the middle stages.

is there a drm free copy ? It wasn't clear to me but if you buy i from their website (which is not discounted) do you get both drm free and steam key ?

Yes on the site it is drm-free.

@Irien Saves aren't compatible with the Gold version, sorry. The item, monster, event... All data is different.

Sorry for the late reply!

Hi Corwin, could you confirm getting my last messages, about language switch (F7) and such? My responses don't appear after sending.

Yes, I finally got them. Played a little to check it out and found it just as addictive and fun as the last two times I played it. Made it to level 3.

but you did not answer the second part; do you also get a steam key ?

Oh I did miss that sorry.

I don't have a system to generate a key and send immediately but I do have a bagfull of keys available upon request.

In short, yes but you need to ask for it.

So, I picked up this game and started it up. It crashed the first time. When it did load and allowed me to begin to see the opening cinema sequence, it would skip every other text box which left the back story a little difficult to follow. Anyone else?

So, I picked up this game and started it up. It crashed the first time. When it did load and allowed me to begin to see the opening cinema sequence, it would skip every other text box which left the back story a little difficult to follow. Anyone else?

There has been some weird behavior with the Steam version. t just happened to me too, that crash. Not sure if it's the game or a Steam server hiccup (community page doesn't load sometimes).

for the intro it shows a slide, the slide with the text, then again without. Then it moves on to the next one and does the same. Is this what you've been seeing?

Got my party to lvl 2 and won an arena battle. It's like playing Might and Magic 2 again which is one of my all time favorites.

Hmmm, I know I bought the original, but I have no idea from where....I'll have to look around.

Hmmm, I know I bought the original, but I have no idea from where….I'll have to look around.

If you didn't get the update just PM me your email again. It might have changed since? I remember you buying it so no problem.

There has been some weird behavior with the Steam version. t just happened to me too, that crash. Not sure if it's the game or a Steam server hiccup (community page doesn't load sometimes).

for the intro it shows a slide, the slide with the text, then again without. Then it moves on to the next one and does the same. Is this what you've been seeing?

Yes that is the behavior I'm seeing, so I guess it's working as intended.

Back
Top Bottom