Mass Effect: Andromeda - Patch 1.09 Released

aries100

SasqWatch
Bioware has released patch 1.09 for Mass Effect Andromeda. You can find the patch here -
you can also read the full notes for this patch. Apparantly, Bioware has been working hard fixing and improving the facial animations in this game along with some problems. Here's an excerpt from the patch notes:

Various improvements to facial animations and cinematic scenes

Improved stability
[MP] Platinum difficulty added
Fixed issue where certain hair textures could disappear from female custom heads when using Facial Reconstruction Suite
Fixed issue where negative AVP could be displayed after reaching Nexus level 20
Fixed various quest progression blockers
Fixed issue where Ryder could be killed even when following directions during the guarded walk through Aya
Fixed issue where player could commit to relationships with both Jaal and Cora concurrently
More information.

They're STILL fixing facial animations?

Most likely BioWare's Anthem has been taking resources here too. Anthem apparently is targeting the Destiny market; however, the latter had a total launch cost of 500 million dollars (game development, marketing, packaging, infrastructure support, royalties and other costs) . Since launch Destiny apparently keeps a full time staff of 500 ppl, and has issued game additions and improvements (some major) about every 6 months.

Destiny has more than 25 million players which should provide sufficient cash flow for Activision Blizzard to make it extremely costly for Bioware to penetrate the market.

Mass Effect Andromeda is just an afterthought at this point.

__

Even with 25 million players $500 million seems risky investment. Reading the link i wonder if $500 is for the single game or all four games.

Even with 25 million players $500 million seems risky investment. Reading the link i wonder if $500 is for the single game or all four games.

It was an incredible investment/risk. Note that the linked article was published May 2014, or 4 months before the launch of Destiny. Here's additional info from Wikipedia :

"Initially, Activision Blizzard CEO Robert Kotick suggested that the total investment in Destiny would be around $500 million. Bungie's COO Pete Parsons clarified that the game's development cost is not even close to $500 million, saying, "For marketing you'd have to ask Activision people, but for development costs, not anything close to $500 million."[42] Activision subsequently confirmed the $500 million figure, stating that marketing, up-front infrastructure costs, and investment in the game's engine were included, and could be amortized over the life of the IP."

EA/Bioware is going to be facing an uphill mountain on this one.

__

Mass Effect Andromeda is just an afterthought at this point.
Ouch that hurts after reading but you're right. Given how most of the developers resources, and better talent was put on development of their online game Anthem.

Also the news report of no SP DLC for Mass Effect: Andromeda tie into that also.

Last edited:
Eh? Why not just patch in a helmet?

... and harder to fix. :|

I quite enjoyed the writing, myself. Then again, I actually played the game :)

Playing games before commenting on their quality? What a novel and progressive idea.

Never catch on though.;)

I admit I only played the first hour or so...but the writing was quite good.

I quite enjoyed the writing, myself.
the writing was quite good.

Ahahahahah. :D Please don't give people any ideas… you two have notoriously low standards! Everybody should know what they're getting into.

The game is desperately trying to mimic a Hollywood blockbuster. Corny and cringe-worthy characters spam one-liners and lame jokes non stop. How it managed to have worse dialogue than a Ryan Reynolds movie should be scrutinously studied. It sounds as written by a board of twelve overweight Twilight fanfic authors.

I admit I only played the first hour or so…but the writing was quite good.

A Pathfinder revered and obeyed as if he was a returned JC because of a link to a IA on a fleet trying to escape annihilation from others IA.
A colony ship coming from a Galaxy which had, before that annihilation war, witnessed a previous annihilation war between the Rebel AI-Geth and the Quarians.

The Pathfinder himself is a dishonorable discharged commando guy (N7) so that is totally the kind of person you put in charge of a whole colony ship with thousands of people. Obviously, you also trust him with the last hope of your race.

They probably wanted to nominate a rapist serial-killer before calling Ryder but the guy was unsure about his capacity to command a full ship.
Ryder being a commando does not doubt about that kind of thing: If you are a good N7 you are an awesome Colony ship captain.

in MEA like in the real world when that kind of guy die the first thing you do is to nominate his son/daughter while pissing on any military/law book.
Indeed, who cares if your new Pathfinder is a 20 years old virgin without any experience even at squad level? The system you just jumped in is already occupied so obviously no diplomacy or serious military is needed, right?

People will tell you than the story totally justifies the choice of the Pathfinder, but hindsight is good. People who gave command to the Ryder dynasty never had any idea about the Precursors and what it took to unravel their secrets.

No one actually in his right mind would have even let the Ryder family put a single feet on any ship with "last hope" written in the design documents in this context (IA lover + dishonorably discharged).

Yeah, Writing was superb. I laughed all the time.

Ahahahahah. :D Please don't give people any ideas… you two have notoriously low standards! Everybody should know what they're getting into.

The game is desperately trying to mimic a Hollywood blockbuster. Corny and cringe-worthy characters spam one-liners and lame jokes non stop. How it managed to have worse dialogue than a Ryan Reynolds movie should be scrutinously studied. It sounds as written by a board of twelve overweight Twilight fanfic authors.

Oh yes, and your standards are so dear.

I admit I only played the first hour or so…but the writing was quite good.
I agree but it seems people want reality instead of fiction.

As for me played it twice had fun, but hey it's fun to bash BioWare on this forum.

I agree but it seems people want reality instead of fiction.

As for me played it twice had fun, but hey it's fun to bash BioWare on this forum.

Yeah, I knew better then to say anything.

Back
Top Bottom