Two Worlds II - Shattered Embrace Announcement

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@BluesNews A new expansion for Two Worlds II has been announced called Shattered Embrace.

Publisher TopWare Interactive and developer Reality Pump Studios officially announce Shattered Embrace, a final expansion for Two Worlds II that's expected in Q3 of this year. This was actually first mentioned three years ago with the announcement of Two Worlds III. Word is this conclusion to the game will be available individually, as part of the season pass, or as part of a new standalone version. Here are some screenshots, and here's word:

[...]

More information.

Shared the news a few hours ago. I'm excited but others probably wont be. Now if they would only announce more information about part III. Sigh more waiting.:(

Last edited:
Releasing an expansion to a game that old is never going to turn out well. I can't imagine this being financially successful, even if the expansion itself is good. I might actually give it a pop, but I very much doubt it will gain any kind of momentum in the community.

Well that's what happens when most of your employees leave to work for CD Projekt because the developer/publisher went bankrupt. Not counting the last game was a flop.

Guess they need to make money somehow to stay open.

Expansion for a bad game.

How about developing ETHERLORDS 3?? At least that series has a solid foundation with two excellent prequels!

Last edited:
AT least they didn't turn the servers off. This game was very popular online for a very long time and just to check I went into the game and behold, people are still playing. Hats off to them for giving their fans more game to play.

AT least they didn't turn the servers off. This game was very popular online for a very long time and just to check I went into the game and behold, people are still playing. Hats off to them for giving their fans more game to play.
The reason the server is still up is thanks to the new multiplayer DLC released last year. Guess the revenue earned from the sales on Steam & GOG pay the upkeep costs.

Sure looks like throwing even more good money after bad from where I'm sitting.

Sure looks like throwing even more good money after bad from where I'm sitting.
Probably is I agree with you in theory but like I said above they need to make money to stay afloat. So minimal work that nets a small profit is the path they choose to take.

I just want news about part three but it probably never started development yet.

Never liked these. Games with depth of AAA mainstream while lacking its presentation (ie. shallow and ugly). At least that was my feeling about it.

I'm kinda impressed they keep making these. Audience clearly exists.

Never liked these. Games with depth of AAA mainstream while lacking its presentation (ie. shallow and ugly). At least that was my feeling about it.

I'm kinda impressed they keep making these. Audience clearly exists.
The old saying of poor mans Oblivion is true with the whole series.:biggrin:

I loved 2W2 but really couldn't get into any of the DLC for it. I vaguely remember something about an update that messed up the original game and made it even more grindy.

Outside of Bethesda games, I have more hours in this game than most.

You are forgetting Baldur's Gate.
That and Ice Wind Dale, Planescape Torment, Neverwinter Nights and so on.

Basically everything that BeamDog re-releases nowadays.:biggrin:

Lots of games get rereleased/remastered. That's not the same as producing DLC for for a game that's nearly a decade old.

Already told you why they do it. Also this DLC was announced over two years ago. They are behind schedule and it looks like things haven't improved much since the bankruptcy.

Back
Top Bottom