What games are you playing now?

Tyranny is really opening up now, rocking multiple spires, with upgrades and NPCs. The graphics make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Also at that awkward point, where every player must start making their companion choices.

So far, I've been Barik / Verse / Lantry
I want to get Sirin going, she's an interesting character and i want to see her in action. But do I feel strong enough to get rid of Lantry's healing, and high Lore?
So I'm on the lookout for a Lore trainer as well, to boost her up a bit.

I considered leaving Verse behind, but I have grown attached to her character, and she actually does the most damage of the entire crew and works nicely as a secondary caster. I still presently need Barik tanking up front, my main character cannot seem to tank the front on his own, quite yet.

This is one of those games, where I cannot wait to meet certain personalities within, and visit the places that I've heard about in the lore thus far. I was excited to meet Tunon the Adjudicator. It's awesome that Sirin, the Archon of Song would join my crew (i want to get that muzzle off her).

Great game, it's really waking me up from the gaming slump that I was stuck in

Playing underrail due to the dlc release, fucking awesome game. So far level 17 but wont touch the dlc too soon.

Waiting for the Martyr stand-alone expansion and the Cataclysm Anthem update.

I'm playing some co-op with friends this weekend. Not sure if we'll play DDO, LotRO, BG:EE or System Shock 2 - but it should be one of those :)

I'm still replaying Chrono Trigger, when I get to the final party member, most times in the past I've simply killed him, but this time I did something different and recruited him instead. Not sure if I'll wind up actually using him, but I suspect I'll at least give him a trial run and see what he can bring to the group.

I'm playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

As my first entry in the Fire Emblem universe, I'm loving it sooo much! I honestly didn't expect it to grab me this much. Already clocked in 14,5 hours on the game and it's barely 2 days after I've picked it up, xD. The addiction is real.

Who knows, maybe even a GOTY contender for me, I'm enjoying it THAT much. The combat itself is amazing, tense and strategic, and the prospect of permadeath makes me genuinely scared to lose characters I've grown fond of. The story is very nice, there is a lot of dialogue but it's not bothering me personally so far.

I'm already making dumb beginner mistakes. I thought the Iron Gauntlets would make every character of mine attack twice if they were initiating the attack, so I bought gauntlets for EVERYONE in my party, xD. When I got to the battlefield I then realized my assumptions were wrong, the gauntlets are yet another weapon you can choose, they don't provide an additional effect to some other weapon your character is using. Oh well, rookie mistakes. Gonna try to get back some of that money, I guess, lol.

Also, picked Blue Lions as my house.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

We ended up playing mostly DDO.

What a great game for group play that is :)

Other than that, the Prophecy expansion for Martyr is dropping tomorrow - and I'll have to check that out.

The 2.0 patch improved the game tremendously - and added co-op for the campaign.

Sadly, it's still pretty buggy - and I'm hoping against hope that a significant patch will drop along with the expansion.

But these guys don't have the best reputation when it comes to fixing their games. They're small, sure - but they could really up their game.

Same goes for their awful PR and communication.

But Martyr is probably the best WH40K game I've played, so far.

The upcoming expansion will feature the Tyranids :)

Closest thing to an Aliens ARPG I'm likely to get my hands on!

I'm playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

As my first entry in the Fire Emblem universe, I'm loving it sooo much! I honestly didn't expect it to grab me this much. Already clocked in 14,5 hours on the game and it's barely 2 days after I've picked it up, xD. The addiction is real.

Who knows, maybe even a GOTY contender for me
Neverheard about it, but it's selling as a cure to cancer in UK:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...beats-wolfenstein-to-the-top-of-the-uk-charts
Elsewhere, dunno where, I've heard you should be able to romance anyone, then on some other site I've read that it isn't so - some can't be romanced, some can go only platonic and samesex options are queerbaits.
If only orgies were possible, maybe I'd buy that Nintendo trash. Just kidding.

Just an addendum to my post about Stay Alive: Apocalypse. The dev has broken his own game at the moment. He tried updating character physics and now the game crashes every few minutes. If someone was actually thinking about buying this, check the bug threads first to make sure this has been fixed. I gave it a negative review for now, pending the fix. I will then flip it to positive because there are some good ideas in the game.

So since my last early access game broke, I picked up another survival/zombie game called LifeZ. It is top down instead of first person, so I don't know how long I'll play it. Same theme as most of these, but with a small twist. Zombies have invaded a large area and you got caught inside the quarantine zone. First you need to shelter up to avoid the zombies and then you'll need to explore to find a way out or get in contact with the outside world. This is a fairly basic looking game that probably could run on a phone. I have no idea if it's a port, but the graphics are just acceptable. You gather rocks, logs, iron ore, etc. and build a base. That's are far as I've gotten and I may not play it long if the SA:A dev gets his act together.

Decided to pick up Wolfenstein Youngblood on the Nintendo Switch rather than PC. Have already played other shooters (New Colossus and DOOM 2016) so knew it would work pretty well.

I am having fun - basic shooter stuff, playing with AI co-op which works pretty OK.

Speaking of DOOM - they also released DOOM I, II and 3 on Switch - and those all play great as well!

Neverheard about it, but it's selling as a cure to cancer in UK:
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...beats-wolfenstein-to-the-top-of-the-uk-charts
Elsewhere, dunno where, I've heard you should be able to romance anyone, then on some other site I've read that it isn't so - some can't be romanced, some can go only platonic and samesex options are queerbaits.
If only orgies were possible, maybe I'd buy that Nintendo trash. Just kidding.
Don't know how you could have never heard about it, but maybe you're just being facetious. It's not the biggest franchise in the world, and I'd argue, yeah, it's even kinda niche, but it's been a staple franchise for Nintendo for some time now.

Good to read that it's selling so well. It deserves it, game is really good.

Yeah, I think you can only romance some people, and they say the queer options are not really that interesting. I didn't try that yet, maybe I'm not far enough in the story so far.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

You're new so lemme explain. Generally, any so called videogame not released on PC or mmo, I've never heard about. ;)
There are exceptions of course, I've heard about geniously optimized to work on junk yet look good, for example HZD, and I've heard about the game of the century Order 1886 because, well, it's the best game ever, consoles sellpoint that's getting a sequel.

Note that Joxer sometime gets confused and forget that he is not the only one who reads these threads…. but expects everyone to remember his specific restriction to games.

Fyi: Joxer considers any game with co-op to be an mmo and any game that can run on a phone (like kotr) to be a phone game and therefore not worth his time.

You're new so lemme explain. Generally, any so called videogame not released on PC or mmo, I've never heard about. ;)
There are exceptions of course, I've heard about geniously optimized to work on junk yet look good, for example HZD, and I've heard about the game of the century Order 1886 because, well, it's the best game ever, consoles sellpoint that's getting a sequel.

In preparation for wow classic, started the old warcraft 3 + did some testing on Nostalrius wow.

Call of Cthulhu

A few hours in and so far I'm not impressed. I'm not sure why they tried to attach the RPG label to this. It's really just a straight adventure game. Not sure if I'll even finish this one.

harsh!
I'm glad that I didnt pick Call of Cthulhu up, only wishlisted it. Sounds like an Xmas sale score

I'm still grinding away on Tyranny, and while I do really like the game - i'm hitting that 40hr mark when I'm about ready to start playing something else. NOt gonna do it tho, i WILL finish this game first!

After finishing Chrono Trigger, I fired up a game I bought recently entitled Seventh Deep. You start off by picking a character and diving down into a dungeon, exploring and releasing mayhem along the way. Looks like you can recruit two others to join you, to make it a team effort. I've put maybe four hours into it so far, hit the twentieth floor yesterday, and I'm looking forward to getting back into the game maybe later today.

I am currently playing Underrail with the DLC. It's a fun game, but it looks to me like it's a bit too focused on combat for my part.

Exploration is there, but in reality is minimal from what I have seen so far.
We'll see if it gets better to me...

I'm playing Hand of Fate - it's actually quite fun and atmospheric! :D So sad that the devs are now gone :(

I am currently playing Underrail with the DLC. It's a fun game, but it looks to me like it's a bit too focused on combat for my part.

Exploration is there, but in reality is minimal from what I have seen so far.
We'll see if it gets better to me…

This is what killed it for me too, @Pladio;. I got my money's worth out of it, but the story is bare-bones and the combat isn't interesting after a dozen hours or so.

Back
Top Bottom