Din’s Legacy

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Anybody interested in doing a review for Din’s Legacy?

Steven Peeler is a modern Jeff Vogel. He makes a very niche set of games for the same crowd. If you've played one of his games, the rest will feel very familiar. If I was in his niche, I would own everything he has; alas I'm not into unit management at all.

Steven Peeler is a modern Todd Howard. He makes a very niche set of games for the same crowd. If you've played one of his games, the rest will feel very familiar. If I was in his niche, I would own everything he has; alas I'm not into hiking in first person at all.

For Spiderweb games, no way they are all the same, in fact each series is pretty different, I did the count and there's at least 6 different genres, in fact it's more 7 in my opinion.

For Soldak Entertainment, it's less obvious, but they aren't clones to each other. A problem is the dev is looking for the quadrature of the circle, create dynamic worlds/quests/stories on base of a cheap indie budget.

Since his second game it's an obsession and it also sticks into RTwP Diablo like which is a more restrictive context than party turn based RPG for Spiderweb.

I regret the previous game (Zombasite) didn't sell that well, because it was more focused on sim and I found it very fun, alas when a lot of sim is based on texts figuring actions and relationships, not many player know appreciate if they even notice.

This lack of success probably pushed the dev to come back to roots with an approach more focused on pure Diablo like. It seems that this time the special trick is mutations of character.

Back
Top Bottom