Valkyria Chronicles 4

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
A Continent Engulfed in the Bitter Flames of War!

Valkyria Chronicles 4 takes place in the same timeframe as the original Valkyria Chronicles, but with an all-new story focusing on Squad E of the Federation. Commander Claude Wallace and his childhood friends set out to fight in a desperate war, but bone-chilling blizzards, waves of imperial soldiers, and the godlike powers of the Valkyria stand between them and victory.

The BLiTZ Battle System and the CANVAS Graphic Engine return!

More information.

Something strange is going on. Edy's DLC was supposed to show up on the 5th but it still hasn't popped up on Steam. The last DLC was supposed to be up today but it's a no show on Steam, too. Sega announced it arriving on all platforms!?

Yeah this is another game that I'm waiting for all the additional content to be integrated before I pick it up. No idea what the delay is, but I hope they get it all sorted for a nice holiday sale.

Something strange is going on. Edy's DLC was supposed to show up on the 5th but it still hasn't popped up on Steam. The last DLC was supposed to be up today but it's a no show on Steam, too. Sega announced it arriving on all platforms!?

Sega is silent on the matter, whatever console got all promised DLC only PC didn't. Yet.

Sega is silent on the matter, whatever console got all promised DLC only PC didn't. Yet.
But they aren't - they said in that tweet that it has been released for all platforms. It's like there's a hold up but nobody has told the marketing/PR folks about it. But there were tons of responses on Twitter asking, basically, WTF?

It's all really weird. If they are having problems porting the PC part then why say that the game has released? If it was a communications mistake, why not just say so??

The natives are getting restless and starting to toss some review bombs around.

It could be as simply as some non-visible issue with steam or something along those lines. Being transparent would only help them, so I find it quite curious that there is just some serious radio silence about this.

Wow. So next year... sometime. Maybe before the winter sale is over. Maybe when the next winter sale starts.

Wow just Wow and I thought Sega couldn't get any worse with it's DLC content.

Gee, now I'm really glad I held off on this one. I wonder what the issue is, I suspect we might find out a bit more information in the future on exactly what transpired with this.

Unfortunately we were unable to release these last two DLC on Steam at this time.
Surprisingly bad English there but there's hardly any year left so, even if faked, the statement is pretty likely to be true anyway.

Still no official statement.

I played this one without any DLCs and I would say it is really long enough.
If you play the included optinional content it feels a bit stretched out already.

That is good news to read, Hidden. So for me, regardless of whether or not this additional combat actually makes its way to the computer version, I'll still be picking this game up.

Part of the pain of this is that the last DLC is meant to be played somewhere in the middle of the game. Unless you plan on playing the game twice, not having the DLC when you get to that point means you aren't going to play it.

Hmm, maybe leave a save behind then re-load that to play the DLC after finishing? That might work.

Oddly enough, I just received this game as a holiday gift, so now it is a certainty that I'll be playing it, not sure it will be the next one after Disgaea five, though.

There's been an official post officially saying they will announce something later this year with a quick apology for the radio silence.
I played this one without any DLCs and I would say it is really long enough.
This is proving to be true for me, too. You've got the main game plus a dozen character stories plus several skirmishes. The latter two take place on the same maps as the main stories (sometimes with bits blocked off) but will start you in different places.

Later this year sounds especially vague....and maybe a little ominous. Maybe I'll just fire this one up after I complete my rompage through the Tower of Time.

Back
Top Bottom