NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

IT sounds like there is going to be long-term support and development for the game going forward, which bodes well and certainly helps justify the price tag.

I'm not sure why they can't upgrade the models in the official campaigns, though. They said it was to keep from breaking old mods, but I don't see how that would be a problem. If they just include a pak that overrides the models for the official campaigns, but leaves the original content in place for mods to utilize, what's the problem?

Well, at least they said that new content (and there will be new content) will use upgraded models and textures. Can't say I have much desire to revisit the original campaign, although I liked SoU and HotU.

Just pre-ordered NWN EE deluxe edition!

I am so happy they are making this and that they will support this game for a years to come. This is amazing for NWN community, modders and PWs!

This is why I bought this game from BD. I have all versions of the game (boxed versions of main game and all expansions, kingmaker box, CE NWN box, gog diamond edition), but I want to support Beamdog! Hope they will make even greater releases in the future!

Great. Bought NWN2 on Steam before it was taken down, but missed my chance for the first. Look forward to purchasing this ~again~. Hope it comes with all the expansions!

Ah - am I right in thinking that the premium modules are only available in the Deluxe edition (at $39.99), not in the standard Diamond Edition ($19.99)?

Ah - am I right in thinking that the premium modules are only available in the Deluxe edition (at $39.99), not in the standard Diamond Edition ($19.99)?

Yes. Seems steep but I preorder it anyway. I bought all premium content available through bioware site at the time, but... I bought it mainly to support Beamdog.

Bahaha. $40.
Sooooo not worth it to me. Freaking nostalgia cashgrab Beamdog.
Haha.. $40 ... Funny :)

Why does it even matter if it’s a cashGrab?

People complaining it’s a cash grab surely won’t buy it so none of thier cash will be grabbed, conversely the people’s cash that they do grab want the game and don’t mind paying the cash.

So does it really matter?

I’ve bought all the EE’s at a discount and will pick this one up as well when discounted. I like what beamdogs done with the EE’s but would like to see them turn the page and make their own game. Unless they want to start enhancing the wizardry series, then I could wait.:)

I've seen more civilized debates on Huffington Post and Breitbart. :lol:

I've noticed that the mention of certain things sharply increases the chances of a silly thread. Anything to do with Beamdog is on the list.

I'm just surprised no one here has started in on the "Social justice warrior" and "identity politics" rants. That kind of vitriol is rampant on other sites and it really grinds my gears.

I'm not sure why they can't upgrade the models in the official campaigns, though. They said it was to keep from breaking old mods, but I don't see how that would be a problem. If they just include a pak that overrides the models for the official campaigns, but leaves the original content in place for mods to utilize, what's the problem?

I suspect that Beamdog doesn't see upgrading the models as just making more poly versions of the existing ones and distributing them via paks. Considering modders haven't really done that either, well not beyond a certain point, there might be some engine technically issues with it.

edit: also, apparently cost is a factor.

I've seen more civilized debates on Huffington Post and Breitbart. :lol:

The only place on HuffPost you seen a civilized debate was in the classified section. And it was because people had to pay by the character.

Why does it even matter if it’s a cashGrab?

Because YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN WITH MY CLASSIC CRPG! :lol:

None of it matters, you're right. What I find bizarre though is the approach that seems like some people would rather nothing be done at all, than accept Beamdog's work or just ignore it.

So, the game could either sit on GOG collecting dust, be forgotten to time like the hundreds of other GOG titles, or Beamdog can put a fresh coat of paint on it and give it some life.

I don't see how someone, especially someone who presumably loves CRPGs, classic and otherwise, can say the equivalent of, "No! We do NOT want you doing ANYTHING with classic CRPGs! Let them die with dignity!"

It's like that libertarian meme slogan I see around online. "I demand the right to die by not having healthcare." Or similarly, their healthcare plan. Step 1 - Accept your death. :lol:

Doesn't make sense to me but eh, not much does anymore to be honest. It's why I have to force myself to disengage with forums like this and other online social media. Bad for my brain and also my blood pressure, it seems. :)

It makes about as much sense as people getting angry and spamming negative reviews to try and tank Siege of Drangonspear because Beamdog dared to include a "trans" character in their addon. A character that only mentioned that fact if you asked, wasn't necessary to talk to at all, and could be easily ignored or missed altogether. And they called it the developers "ramming an agenda down their throats." Ignorant cowards the lot of them.

But I digress. I should stop here before this discussion really goes off the rails.

It makes about as much sense as people getting angry and spamming negative reviews to try and tank Siege of Drangonspear because Beamdog dared to include a "trans" character in their addon. A character that only mentioned that fact if you asked, wasn't necessary to talk to at all, and could be easily ignored or missed altogether. And they called it the developers "ramming an agenda down their throats." Ignorant cowards the lot of them.

But I digress. I should stop here before this discussion really goes off the rails.

To you, sure. It never occurred to you maybe SoD recieved negative review for reasons other than including trans character?

You don't need to understand other people's view but at least try to respect it.

Yeah, I read the reviews. The majority of them actually mentioned the issue as being why they hated it. The rest were pretty obvious.

Didn't they shut the servers down for this game a long time ago and will this re-open them?
Sorry if this has been answered already

Didn't they shut the servers down for this game a long time ago and will this re-open them?
Sorry if this has been answered already

One of the things this cashgrab is supposed to include is a new version of the multiplayer server browser thereby replacing the GameSpy powered one that died in 2014. God knows why, the old version of the game works perfectly as it is :rolleyes:

Yeah. I don't want to go too off-topic either, but obviously spamming negative reviews for any reason is pretty ridiculous, let alone for something like that. But there's so much weird mass psychology to the internet, it's hard for me to make heads or tails of most of it.

The funny thing about Siege of Dragonspear, is that I hear it actually has great combat, and quality content overall even if the campaign is a bit linear (haven't played, just heard.) Some even say the combat in SoD matches or even surpasses the original BG games, and even makes certain other similar RTWP RPGs look like amateur hour in comparison ( :p). Not sure I'd agree (haven't played), and I don't want to pit game devs against each other, just saying what I've heard in some spots where they've talked honestly about the game.

That is really surprising to me given it's Beamdog's first official game they've made. So it would seem that if people actually cared about quality content and Infinity Engine, D&D CRPG revival, they'd support Beamdog. Beamdog has plans to not only breathe life into the classics but also to actually create quality old-school CRPGs that are probably even closer to the original feel of the classics than any of the Kickstarter Era devs, as well as closer to D&D, obviously.

Yet for some to greet them with hate and repulsion is, well, baffling to me. To me, it shows that those people don't really care bout D&D CRPG revival, and they have some other weird psychological/emotional thing going on.

And I can't say I understand a damn thing about what it is. I see the same in politics all the time.

I donnae know, cutter, I donnae know. :)

Back
Top Bottom