Frayed Knights - Extremely limited 50% Off

Thanks, Dhruin! I hadn't picked this up yet and got the discount!

Snatched one.

And I wanted something to do before Skyrim too.

Thanks Dhruin.

They are all gone now. Glad some RPGWatch members were able to snag some!

I was too late. I'll wait for another sale or Steam debut or Humble Bundle down the line etc.

Yes I am cheap these days but I'm trying to get some bills down and I very rarely pay full price for anything. :p

This game is worth the full price!! :)

This game is worth the full price!! :)

Oh I'm sure it is. Plenty of games are. I figured I would get some grief for that. For me, paying full price means buying less games. Also with the backlog I have it's really hard for me justify full price, especially since I most likely won't get around to playing new purchases for some time, which means I could have just as easily waited for a sale.

I'm not saying this or any game is not worth the full price, $20 isn't that much, it's just hard for me personally to justify paying full price.

I've downloaded and played through the first dungeon and am in the first town. The dungeon was short, but seems longer due to the tedious walking speed. I'm going to have to see if I can tweak that, or it'll drive me nuts. Also, I seem to be looking about a foot to a foot and a half higher up than in most games. That's a little weird too, but I can learn to deal with it.(Duh, the camera moves!) The game feels like Minions of Mirth to me. The humor isn't doing anything for me, but I didn't expect it to.

I probably would have paid full price, eventually. This just made the purchase happen sooner. There does seem to be a lot of quests in the first town. Most of them "seem" to be very standard quests, but time will tell.

Last edited:
Heh - I get the same way. Too many games, no time to play them (especially with FK's development over the last *cough*fouryears*cough*). What's funny for me is often the "must-buys" these days, when they are new, are the indie games. I'm willing to wait a while for a lot of the big-name titles.

BTW, don't hold your breath on Steam. It ain't happening. Got the official word today. I'm in fine company with Vic Davis and Steven Peeler, and I wasn't really counting on it, so it's no big. FK is something of a niche title - I intended that from the get go. I'm hoping the niche is large enough to make it worthwhile, of course. :) But it's really geared for a particular audience. I don't know how to reach 'em all, so please... spread the word to those you may know. Have them play the demo, at least. :) It's free, and is a pretty good indicator for what the rest of the game is about ('cept for the fact combat and character development gets progressively more detailed).

What about GamersGate, Impulse, D2D and why not give Origin a shot (although I hate Origin with a passion, it couldn't hurt to try)?

GamersGate has some very niche games on it. I can't see why they would turn you down unlike those snobs over at Steam.

Too bad about steam. Not unexpected though. Graphically it is just not good (or stylish) enough to appeal to a mainstream audience. I hope you find your audience anyway, RC.

Too bad about steam. Not unexpected though. Graphically it is just not good (or stylish) enough to appeal to a mainstream audience. I hope you find your audience anyway, RC.

I have a hard time believing it's because of the graphics. If a game like Avadon can sell on Steam then I don't see why Frayed Knights can't.

I have a hard time believing it's because of the graphics. If a game like Avadon can sell on Steam then I don't see why Frayed Knights can't.

As simplistic as avadons Gfx are, they are consistent, and quite polished in their own way. As much as I like FK, it lacks this quality, imho. There may be other reason behind the decision, but I'd be surprised if visual style didn't play a big part.

The graphics in FK are very fuzzy. Almost no detail on anything. That's gotta throw some folks off. I could care less. I think the graphics do the job well enough to set up the game play. It looks like the big selling point of the game is going to be character building.

Also, I got my first laugh out of the game last night in the "Farmer Bob" quest. That was well done :D I'm going to start over though. Endurance seems to be KEY and I didn't take endurance for anyone in the first couple levels. The little blond does about one thing and then keels over. She's been pretty much useless, so I need to bump her endurance for sure. The dreadlock dude is pretty useless too, his spell selection sucks. I'm going to dual him to a combat role and let the thief pick up a cleric role. I believe I'll keep the warrior girl single-classed; at least for several levels.

Those who have finished can let me know if these are terrible choices.

I'm enjoying Cthulhu Saves the World right now I got from Steam.

Those graphics are over the top!

Jay, what's it going to take for them to change their minds? Proven sales? Willingness to put it in the $3.50 bin?

I've been holding off on continuing FK until that update is out. Y'now the one with a hotkey for the UI toggle and the having the mouse mapped for movement that I asked for. ;)

I hope we get a patch that addresses the game window closing constantly when you click the mouse. That's driving me insane(r). Of course, there's probably a workaround that I don't know about. Hint, hint.....

Supposedly Steam told the creator of Gemini Rue his game was too low res and yet someone there change their minds and now it's up.

I have a hard time buying it's strictly graphics considering some other selections that are up on there. I'm sure they have their criteria by I don't know what it is and don't always understand why game x made it and game y didn't.

I hope we get a patch that addresses the game window closing constantly when you click the mouse. That's driving me insane(r). Of course, there's probably a workaround that I don't know about. Hint, hint…..

Well, sort of - it doesn't happen if you play in windowed mode, in my experience at least. Rampant is aware of the issue, not sure if he has been able to fix it yet for the next patch, though.

The graphics in FK are very fuzzy. Almost no detail on anything. That's gotta throw some folks off. I could care less. I think the graphics do the job well enough to set up the game play. It looks like the big selling point of the game is going to be character building.

Also, I got my first laugh out of the game last night in the "Farmer Bob" quest. That was well done :D I'm going to start over though. Endurance seems to be KEY and I didn't take endurance for anyone in the first couple levels. The little blond does about one thing and then keels over. She's been pretty much useless, so I need to bump her endurance for sure. The dreadlock dude is pretty useless too, his spell selection sucks. I'm going to dual him to a combat role and let the thief pick up a cleric role. I believe I'll keep the warrior girl single-classed; at least for several levels.

Those who have finished can let me know if these are terrible choices.

I did all of those things, so go for it.

Cool! I restarted tonight and have done the starter dungeon, Farmer Bob's and retrieved something the mayor wanted. I also did a couple of little quest where you never leave town. So far, there isn't any loot to speak about. The magic girl can still cast one decent spell before being wiped out stamina-wise. Also, she seems to need some incredibly rare stones to cast anything higher than a 2 damage spell. I've got to get her some levels I guess.

Back
Top Bottom