BG3 Larian's, would have rather seen them......

Baldur's gate 3

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
My personal feelings are I would have rather seen Larian remake the Ultima games then try to tackle BG3.

I don't think no matter what BG3 is like they are in a losing position. The writing in their past games seems more in lines with the Ultima games then BG games.

We shall have to wait and see I guess. I am hoping they can pull it off...

Who owns the rights to Ultima now?

I was never a huge Ultima fan, but I'd probably play them if they got decent remakes. Thing is, I don't think there's enough mainstream interest in Ultima for it to ever happen.

Who owns the rights to Ultima now?

I was never a huge Ultima fan, but I'd probably play them if they got decent remakes. Thing is, I don't think there's enough mainstream interest in Ultima for it to ever happen.

See most never played them, or the earlier games in the series. Personally I don't know if would be a big seller or not.

Unlike the ultima games most of played the BG games, which puts a lot of pressure on make the third one on any company that was willing to do it.

Remember, that Ultima 5 and 6 were remade successfully using the Dungeon Siege engine a few years ago, so there's really no need for a further remake of those. YES, I would love to see someone remake U7 parts 1&2, but I don't see it happening while EA has the IP.

I've never played Ultima games but isn't Realms Beyond suppose to have similar concepts?

I've never played Ultima games but isn't Realms Beyond suppose to have similar concepts?

First you'd need to define what these concepts are. I only played Ultima 8, 9 and Ultima Online. And from seeing the trailers of different Versions of UO2, and listening in on various podcasts regarding the earlier Ultimas...well...I think it's rather hard to say what some of the core concepts are, besides of a rather open world.

First ultimas had Science Fiction and Lord of the Rings stuff mixed in, and had first person dungeon crawler elements, the pinnacle seems to be Ultima 4 to 7, then Ultima 8 becomes a bit like a platformer, Ultima 9 being a 3D action RPG, Ultima Online introducing Elves and Robots, Ultima Online 2/ Origins being some weird post apocalyptic steampunc fantasy. And then you got the Savage Empire and Mars spinoffs, Ultima Underwords and well...

it also probably doesn't help that neither Shroud of the Avatar nor Underworld Ascendant received a lot of praise.

So I think it's hard to pinpoint what Ultima actually is, and if you do, the enthusiasm already kind of burnt away for lots of people I guess.

Back
Top Bottom