C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I'm Enjoying Cyberpunk 2077 Now That I've Stopped Expecting It To Be An RPG

Link - https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-rpg-action-game/
I was, like a lot of people, disappointed by Cyberpunk 2077. I don't think it's a bad game, but I went in expecting a deep, rewarding RPG set in a rich, reactive world—and didn't get any of that. This isn't entirely my fault. In the run-up to its launch, developer CD Projekt RED explicitly sold it as a role-playing game. This was, after all, the studio that made The Witcher 3, one of the best RPGs of recent years. Why would I doubt it? But it seems even CDPR began to doubt itself, removing all mention of the word 'RPG' from its marketing materials shortly before launch, and instead describing the game as an action/adventure.

Cyberpunk 2077 is not an RPG. It has RPG elements, but as a game it has more in common with Eidos-Montréal's Deus Ex prequels. When I started playing it a year ago, even taking a day off work to give it my full attention, my body and mind were wired for a full-on role-playing experience. I was ready to completely lose myself in Night City, one of the most detailed and dynamic open world cities ever created—well, at least it was according to all the pre-release hype. I was eager to create a character, my very own V, and shape them into someone unique to me. I'd been dreaming of an RPG set in a Blade Runner city for years.
Can't wait to read the reactions to this click-bait article.:biggrin:

Last edited:
I finally picked this up. It was down to half price on Steam but I haven't installed it yet. I'll get around to it. I have heard so many wildly different opinions on this game that I don't expect anything at all. What I wanted to wait for was for the game to get a few patches done and it seems to have accomplished that, at least.

I won a free copy from here in a giveaway. I too am waiting for them to stop messing with the game before installing it. I want their final vision of the game to be the version I end up playing.

Cyberpunk 2077 Lands A 2021 GOTY Award From Somewhere Surprising

Link - https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...rd-from-somewhere-surprising/?sh=1aaf3d7268d5
Well, I wondered if any outlet would be bold enough to award Cyberpunk 2077 their Game of the Year in 2021. While I believe a few have, one has stood out more than most, given its prominence. That would be IGN Japan, a surprising pick for an outlet to give that honor to Cyberpunk 2077.
“There will be pros and cons to "Cyberpunk 2077," which was in flames due to a flaw in the console version. However, IGN JAPAN members, including freelance writers, have gained a lot of support. The main reason is that the stage called Night City created by this work was a mass of density and sense that other open world games do not have. The world, which is designed from small signboards to residents, gives you a special feeling just by walking. The gameplay itself didn't go far beyond existing work, but the desperate episodes of a cruel future unfolding on a fascinating stage and the bizarre urban legends that go far beyond our common sense is original. It's overflowing. And the relationship between Johnny Silverhand played by Keanu Reeves and the player character gives a mature ending that makes us think deeply about the question "What is a real hero?" And this work is a masterpiece that remains in history. It was enough to say.” —Susumu Imai

While WOTR gets my GOTY, C2077 was a close runner up. Love the game and been itching to play again but been waiting to see if some more content gets added. Most likely will fire it up just for the atmosphere over holiday break.

CD Projekt plan to settle Cyberpunk 2077 lawsuit for $1.85 million

Link - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cd-projekt-plan-to-settle-cyberpunk-2077-lawsuit-for-185-million
CD Projekt have announced plans to pay out $1,850,000 (£1.4 million) to settle a class action lawsuit brought by investors over Cyberpunk 2077's troubles. The suit started in December 2020 with investors primarily upset with the fact that the console version was in such a state, claiming that CDP hadn't been honest about the game and its prospects. CDP say that the proposed settlement terms make clear that though they are paying out, this "does not imply admission of any responsibility".

Cyberpunk 2077 Mod adds a fully useable Metro System - Nexus Mods
Modder ‘keanuWheeze’ has released an amazing new mod for Cyberpunk 2077. This mod adds a fully useable Metro System with 19 explorable stations, and we highly recommend downloading it.

According to the modder, this Metro System Mod features 19 handbuilt stations, where you wait for the train. Moreover, it lets you switch between a third person and a first-person perspective. Furthermore, there is a 100% native UI, 100% controller compatible, there are no loading screens and no hotkeys that you have to set. And, lastly, this mod allows you to look down onto the city streets and realize just how beautiful this game is.

Cyberpunk 2077 Mod adds a fully useable Metro System - Nexus Mods

Like this :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

e43a4affbf1a33facd574e4acdc74b47-1024-80.png.webp

Like this :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
No it's actual already in-game assets and animations that was not finished. It was hyped by CDPR in the early games development but they axed the subway content later on.

No it's actual already in-game assets and animations that was not finished. It was hyped by CDPR in the early games development but they axed the subway content later on.

You ruined my joke :bigcry:

Hi guys,

Since it comes from a CG creators blog rather than from RPG/Gaming venue, I thought that maaaaybe it flew under your radars (apologies if it has already been noted)... so, here's a link:

https://80.lv/articles/cyberpunk-2077-quest-director-explained-the-lack-of-police-chases/

In a recent Cyberpunk 2077 live stream, Sasko responded to criticism about the lack of police chases. He explained that the feature was dropped due to time and technical limitations. He also added that not all open-world games have this option, bringing up the upcoming Sonic and Elder Ring as the games with no police chases.

I can't decide if the last sentence is hilarious, ridiculous, or just a joke from the developer.

I can't decide if the last sentence is hilarious, ridiculous, or just a joke from the developer.

Obviously a joke. I thought it was pretty funny. :)

I don't know if police chases would have really added much to CP 2077 tbh. I would have probably just found them annoying.

Obviously a joke. I thought it was pretty funny. :)

I don't know if police chases would have really added much to CP 2077 tbh. I would have probably just found them annoying.

Same. It would be tedious. It's a world where crime and criminals far outnumber any attempts at law enforcement. It would be pretty dumb to have gangs running rampant all over the city but then as the player you're constantly dealing with the police.

They could do other things, though, like have private security in the ritzier areas chase you if you're seen breaking the law.

Cyberpunk 2077 Was A Steam Top Seller & Most-Played Title In 2021

Link - https://kotaku.com/despite-everything-cyberpunk-2077-was-a-steam-top-sell-1848274351
Perhaps it was an understatement when we said Cyberpunk was having its first “good day” when it creeped its way to the top of the Steam charts earlier this year. As it turns out, the beleaguered role-playing game, which has received a number of updates since its dumpster fire of a release, was quietly trucking along all of 2021 on at least on one storefront.

I have discovered the game tonight thanks to the 50% sale on Steam and the idea that after a year, most bugs must have been squashed.

Very cinematic. Not the type of game I usually play. It reminds me very much of playing Deux Ex, back then.

I have discovered the game tonight thanks to the 50% sale on Steam and the idea that after a year, most bugs must have been squashed.

Very cinematic. Not the type of game I usually play. It reminds me very much of playing Deux Ex, back then.

Kind of random question...but how would you compare the the combat to other games you've played? More like a Mass Effect or maybe latest Fallouts or closer to a true FPS?

I too bought this one on Steam sale and thinking about giving it a go.

Back
Top Bottom