God of War - Released

Santa Monica Studio posted a series of gameplay tips (watch out for the gremlins, it's best read on the Steam page anyway :p).

God of War PC Ultrawide Trailer and Gameplay Tips for Launch
[. . .]
Nine Realms survival guide

With our release on the PC, we’re hoping that many new players will be able to experience Kratos and Atreus’ story for the first time. To help you get started, we’ve put together some beginner tips that will prepare you for the journey to come.

Don’t forget your Boy

Atreus may be young, but he’s one of your best assets in combat. As your journey progresses, Atreus will grow stronger and gain access to abilities that can make all the difference in your toughest fights like being able to stun monsters, bring Kratos back from the brink of death, and unleash powerful magical abilities along with his bow attacks.

Atreus has three different gear sets that can synergize with your playstyle. Make sure you’re equipping him to best support Kratos’ needs in combat. At their first tier, the sets have the following effects:
  • Sharpshooter Garb: Lower the Talon Bow recharge time. Aimed shots fired at enemies in the air deal extra damage.
  • Fighter Tunic: Boosts melee damage and exposes enemy weakness. Choked enemies will take increased damage.
  • Runic Vestment: Increased recovery speed from enemy attacks and provides Healthstone assistance. When Kratos is injured, Atreus has a chance to find Healthstones.

Upgrading Atreus’ abilities and equipment will be as important as upgrading Kratos, invest in his progression early and often!
[. . .]

It seems like a very decent port. Run pretty decently on my 1080ti at ~50-60fps with Original settings @ 3440x1440. It seems to also run acceptable on High and Ultra, but it really pushed my GPU to 75-80C and the fan is really annoying. I wasn't really planning on replaying it now, maybe I'll do a replay on my next system. I think also the game is too fresh in my memory.

I'm confused, which one is it ?

Attachments

• Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 29
Is it worth playing if you know nothing about the others ?

Is it worth playing if you know nothing about the others ?

I would say yes. I only played the first God of War, and was not into it very much. This 2018 one is also a light reboot of the series. It changes quite a few things. From setting, to vibe to gameplay. I enjoyed it a lot more than the original
Which was a lot more actiony-button-mashy.

Back
Top Bottom