Dustwind - Single Player Campaign Coming Soon

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
OnlySP reports that Dustwind will soon have a single player campaign.

The multiplayer real-time tactical RPG Dustwind will receive a single-player campaign soon.

In the latest press release, Dustwind Studios and Z-Software GmbH announced that they will launch the single player campaign for Dustwind on July 25. Additionally, the single-player update will include 16 story missions and an updated map editor so that players can create their own stories and campaigns. The game was released back in August 2018 on Steam and Z-Software has been listening to fan feedback, according to CEO Andreas Heldt:

[...]

Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Interested, Ill wait a bit to see how well they incorporate the single player.

I was never interested in this before due to the multiplayer aspect, but I'll see what people have to say about the single player version when it's released. Who knows, if enough folks enjoy it, I might give it a shot.

I really liked the gameplay mechanics of this, but since it's only multiplayer I've had to refund it. But will definately be purchasing it again for the campaign.
Unless the singleplayer is standalone product, I'm not gonna touch it.
Sorry, but I refuse to support failed mmos with my $ just because wow there is some campaign inside while one is still forced to pay for mmo.
I mean, would be ridiculous I do it differently after I refused to care about WL3 mmo.

Unless the singleplayer is standalone product, I'm not gonna touch it.
Sorry, but I refuse to support failed mmos with my $ just because wow there is some campaign inside while one is still forced to pay for mmo.
I mean, would be ridiculous I do it differently after I refused to care about WL3 mmo.

It's primarily a MP game but it's not an MMO by any reasonable definition of the term.

I refuse to support failed mmos with my $ just because wow there is some campaign inside while one is still forced to pay for mmo.

Does co-op gameplay make Wasteland 3 a MMO? How many players do you think means MMO? :)

I wonder if "two people" means a crowd or overpopulation for you? :)

It's primarily a MP game but it's not an MMO by any reasonable definition of the term.

Joxer doesn’t have a reasonable definition of MMO.

If 2 or more people can play it he’ll call it an MMO.

Not really, no.
There are games planned to be mmo that fail in being mmo but it doesn't make them less mmo. Noone or just one person playing those, it's still mmo.
A mmo does not need 56329892356356784 people to be mmo, it's the core design that makes it mmo, not the number of sold copies.

On another side there are games that add multiplayer posibility just as a gimmick, for example Saints Row 4. Did you ever see me calling Saints Row 4 mmo? Of course you didn't.

What about GTA? :)

There are games planned to be mmo that fail in being mmo but it doesn't make them less mmo. A mmo does not need 56329892356356784 people to be mmo, it's the core design that makes it mmo, not the number of sold copies.

So that makes DA Inquisition MMO, right? It was designed as that.
Also does that make Divinity Original Sin 2 MMO?
On the other hand WL3 is designed as co-op and SP and not MMO, right?

So, do your decisions matter at all? Or is it just a series of set-piece battles?

Back
Top Bottom