Gothic 2 Gothic2 NoTR Windows 7 problem

Roi Danton

Sentinel
I recently thought about playing a bit of Gothic 2 so I searched my stack of games and installed Gothic 2 and NotR.

Now I do have a simple problem: It won't start. There is either a strange error message or it just doesn't start at all (the gothic2.exe is running, but no game).

I assume this has to do with my OS. I use Windows 7 64bit Ultimate edition. Now normally I would solve this problem by buying the game again from GoG but they only offer the English version and I would really like to play the German one.

Anyone any idea what I could do to fix my problem? I'll post the error message later on if needed, I'm not at home currently.

System specs:
AMD Phenom 955
8 GB Ram
nVidia GeForce 560 Ti
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Well, the first thing to suggest is to right click the .exe file and select "Compatibility mode" and "Run as administrator".

If you've done that, you'll probably have to list the error message to get anywhere.

Well, the first thing to suggest is to right click the .exe file and select "Compatibility mode" and "Run as administrator".

If you've done that, you'll probably have to list the error message to get anywhere.

Yeah, I've done that. I'll post the error message when I get home (and if I don't forget it).

Now I do have a simple problem: It won't start. There is either a strange error message or it just doesn't start at all (the gothic2.exe is running, but no game).
I've had a similar problem with both G1 and G2 NoTR on Win7 (32bit) and after much pulling of hair and gnashing of teeth, found a workaround. It might not be smooth, but it works (100% for me). If you haven't yet found any other solution, why not give this a try. I'm going to copy-paste a snippet from my previous post about this as I'm too lazy to write it again (nevermind that it talks about G1, I've used it on G2 NoTR successfully as well).
Yours Truly said:
The workaround I've found is that if I launch Gothic 1 twice (so I've got two gothic.exe's running), then open the manager and close rundll32.exe, one of the two gothic.exe's shuts down with it but the other launches and I'm able to play Gothic 1 just like I used to on my old PC (I miss the good ol' Win XP).

i get an account on this site just for thank u. i cant play gothic for 1 year because of this shit .u are a smart guy kisses:D

Back
Top Bottom