Wasteland 2 - Preview @ Game Informer

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Game Informer has a new preview were they take a look at Wasteland 2.

Before there was Fallout, there was Wasteland. Now, thanks to the magic of Kickstarter, inXile Entertainment is resurrecting the property and giving players a world that evolves as they play.

Wasteland 2 is a post-apocalyptic role-playing game that takes place in an alternate reality where the world has been destroyed by a nuclear holocaust. A group of survivors, calling themselves the Desert Rangers, band together to help other survivors eke out their existence. Gamers who played the 1988 original will find cool homages to the series, but the game is also being designed to accommodate newcomers.

The game is a turn based RPG designed in the style of old school, team based titles. inXile has updated Wastelands old mechanics and skill systems, which might feel familiar to players of the original game. As players level up the members of their team, they have access to a variety of skills that let them pick locks, open up new lines of dialogue in conversations, hack computers, and dismantle and rebuild weapons.

The game’s story is pretty massive; the script alone features over 400,000 words and is still growing. However, the most impressive aspect of Wasteland 2 so far is how gamers are able to influence the story and shape the world around them.
More information.

Last edited:
Nothing new or remarkable but this kind of stuff still fuels the fire.

Can't wait for this game to come out.

There's a couple of new screen shots I hadn't seen before. It looks nice overall, but I can't say I like the red hue of the digit counters. Perhaps if they made them look more like nixie tubes...

It was a rubbish preview, and there was no enthusiasm for the game in the article. It felt like the previewer was just rushing an article out because he needed to.

Back
Top Bottom