BattleTech - Mercenary Life

I have to admit the hype is getting me now that the release is so close!
I already know what I will do during my Easter holidays!

awful. Just awful. What if my merc get antsy and stabs me in the back? What will I do then? I don't wanna a hole in my back. I don't I don't I don't.

I've seen "event systems" in many open ended games now, such as FTL, Expeditions:C, and Expeditions:V, Overfall, Battle Brothers, and many strategy games such as Endless Space and Fallen Enchantress. The problem with these in my opinions is that if there aren't enough events, they can get very repetitive and lose their punch. Overfall is a great example of this. The events in themselves were well done, but after about 4 hours, you ended up replaying the same ones again and again. I sincerely hope Battletech avoids this pitfall.

The first one needed a rework. I don't remember much about patch rate for second/third. I mean I know they had patches but too lazy to check how critical they were.

That's a very good point, their Shadowrun games didn't really need a bunch of patches beforehand. Thanks for the encouragement!!

The first one needed a rework. I don't remember much about patch rate for second/third. I mean I know they had patches but too lazy to check how critical they were.

I played all of them. I can't recall any game-stopping bugs like with KCD. There were some bugs on release, but nothing major, mostly skills not working correctly etc.

Though, IMO, their "director's cut" editions were major improvements over originals. If I am not mistaken, those were free if you had purchased originals.

Ya, they seem to be a pretty good dev studio when it comes to looking after the fans. Am disappointed at myself for not backing the KS for this one.

The facial renders and animations didn't look very good, but I suppose that isn't a priority in the larger scheme of things.

The facial renders and animations didn't look very good, but I suppose that isn't a priority in the larger scheme of things.

They will look much worse when I drop 60 tons of mech on their heads.

Back
Top Bottom