D:OS2 Broken quest(s) spoilers sort of

Divinity: Original Sin 2

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
I wasn't going to say anything but WTF.

I started this game a few weeks ago and this now is the third quest that was buggy or broken.

First one was back in chapter 1 but that could have been me and i didn't reload. But have had two in chapter 6.

First was a few days ago the "blood dowry" no matter what i did the groom did not show up in his basement. So to finish it I went back and Killed the other family.

Next was last night the "The Consulate" when i came back out the portal the quest still shows open.

Yeah I have had a number of quests that were finished still show as incomplete in the journal.
My Fane companion quest line was also broken back Driftwood and I didn't feel like replaying a number of hours so I just let it be. A shame though. Other than the quest bugs this game is amazing.

I had no problem with blood dowry in both my plays - was able to complete all aspect of the quests - don't remmeber the consulate quest so no comments.

This sounds like user error rather than broken quest. I.e, broken quest is buggy quest; user error is you missed one aspect of the quest before moving on. yea I had this problem also with a couple of quest and it pissed me off that i couldn't go back and pick up the missing parts - however - at least in one case I was still able to continue in the next chapter.

Yeah I have had a number of quests that were finished still show as incomplete in the journal.
My Fane companion quest line was also broken back Driftwood and I didn't feel like replaying a number of hours so I just let it be. A shame though. Other than the quest bugs this game is amazing.

This sounds like user error rather than broken quest. I.e, broken quest is buggy quest; user error is you missed one aspect of the quest before moving on. yea I had this problem also with a couple of quest and it pissed me off that i couldn't go back and pick up the missing parts - however - at least in one case I was still able to continue in the next chapter.

Well not sure if I would call it user error if you can move freely within the game and if characters can be killed or show up before quest start if the quest can not be finished because if it.

I went back a few times to saved games...i hate not finishing everything or opening ever draw chest etc....

Um no, when I played DOS2 and entered the Blackpits you had to have Fane talk to Aeteran or his questline would be bugged. Maybe they fixed this later but I didn't feel like replaying.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/7lue0d/spoilers_fane_questline_stuck_in_act_2/

Back
Top Bottom