Dishonored 2 - Release Trailer

Those who preordered can play it already depending on timezone (basically anyone can use VPN and set it to North Korea and play right now).

And the reviews are pretty devastating. It seems to be a really bad port. Will not buy this.

The reviews that you speak of are people with 5 year old computers unable to run the game on max settings. Gameplay analysis has been strong thus far, just performance issues for older machines dragging it down. Get a job and upgrade your box.

LOL no
There are definetly some serious performance problems regardless of your system. Sure, crybabies who wanted 60FPS on ultra and 4K resolution with half a decade old hardware do exist, but those are minority.

The reviews of the game that aren't having issues seem to be very positive. It's odd, I thought the port of the original was very good. Hopefully it can be sorted.

What reviews? This game was on sort of "review code" ban.

If you mean thumb ups on Steam, notice that those were made after just an hour or two in the game. IGN review style.

It's yet another "enthusiast" who didn't notice nauseating bloody motion blur cannot be disabled.

btw, I love that avatar underline! :D

EDIT:
http://kotaku.com/dishonored-2-is-having-trouble-on-pc-1788815143

I’m running a pretty beefy system—4Ghz Intel i7, Nvidia GTX1080—but can’t get a stable frame-rate even if I lower everything to medium.
The dynamic resolution slider is odd and seems to reset itself to 75 every time I start the game. Even when I bump it up to 100 (which in theory means I’m running at full 1440p), the game still looks diffuse and blurry. The mouse is also somehow off, almost like the tracking speed is fluctuating as I play.

Last edited:
I was going to buy this at release, but I've decided to hold off for now. I don't have the spare time to start playing it immediately anyways. I'm also debating whether or not I want to replay Dishonored 1 first.

It looks like the game itself might be absolutely outstanding. So crazy to release with these issues and get its reputation hammered.

I watched the start of the game (before you get your powers). It is basically a corridor shooter with some cover stealth and some melee. The most hilarious part is that it seems only your character owns a gun in this world lol but you are magically limited to carry only 10 bullets.. for whatever reason..

10 hours? Care to give a source for this info?

A french dev who went to a french stream to show case the product. In fact, when asked, his own estimation was around 7 or 8 hours. Of course, this came from a guy who had quite some experience with the product.

The product is 10 hour long and worth $60

This is bullsheeeeeeeet.
The game is out for 48 hours already yet noone got game finished achievement. At least a few hours back when I checked.

However, the french dev possibly talked about fastrun. When DX:MD got out, mainstream reviewers sweared it's supershort. They didn't lie, it's just they ignored everything aside and fastrun through the main story following the handhold pointer on the minimap. Upon the release fastrunners discovered it's possible to beat the game, in fact the main story, on the highest difficulty in mere 3 hours. Means, reviewers were in fact, when it comes to fastruns, pathetic.

I was going to buy this at release, but I've decided to hold off for now. I don't have the spare time to start playing it immediately anyways. I'm also debating whether or not I want to replay Dishonored 1 first.
Fair point.

The major problem is that the game tutorial and intro generally do not have problems. That's those numerous 1st hour of game playthrough video spams.
But once the player reaches chapter 2, performance turns into a shitstorm of biblical proportions.

My guess is that Bethesda used PC version as test for that nonnative 4K new consoles idiocy - impossible to disable upscaling on PC is a horrible idea, not to mention impossible to disable general blur.
It's highly possible Bethesda gave some version to QA that allows only the first hour of play. In such case it's logical QA couldn't spot what happens when a player proceeds with the story.

However, I'm still confused how that same QA didn't notice that pressing ESC, although written everywhere as go_back key, doesn't work! Honestly, I thought at first my keyboard farted - because NONE of "pro" mainstream reviewers mentioned this.

Point of the story? Do not preorder games. Don't be as stupid as I am.
I did decide not to preorder ME4, although not because of being scared of bugs but because MMO. There is a game I will preorder definetly and it's Elex. Lemme be stupid just a bit more, besides their Risen games weren't bug-o-ramas so Elex might be almost bug free.
But beside Elex, I'm not so sure I'll preorder something again - unless there is a 3 days window like in case of No Man's Sky where thanks to early console version release and general disappointment I could decide on preorder (and I ditched it).

EDIT:
A new one. Trivia, how many savegame slots you may use on your 1 terabyte of free space HDD?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/403640/discussions/0/217691032432111560/

Thanks on that middlefinger Beth!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom