What games are you playing now?

Mike, are you playing VtM:Bloodlines with Wesp's patch? I'm planning to replay it in the near future and I'm a bit concerned about how far those "plus" changes have gone in these unofficial patches.

No - just straight up from the Direct2Drive version I bought recently. As I mentioned, a couple little things I found different from the CD version in terms of responsiveness of controls, and also a single mission I have screwed up somehow ...

Mitnick - I have finished the first two places, now need to do Kamikaze Zen in Chinatown. Got the email, and the thing saying the key was in my mailbox. But when I go there, the lock won't open ... nor can I see the key on my keychain. I have actually resorted to searching GameFAQS but could only find a code to give a keyring, but it doesn't add any keys. Any thoughts?

Hmmm... if the key wasn't *in* the mailbox, then I have no idea, sorry.

It was ... and I grabbed it. My inventory was near full so I was concerned, but it wasn't totally full, nor did it drop nor did I get a message. All I know was I grabbed the key, thought I was set ... but it wasn't there when I arrived. Crud.

I decided to try Grand Theft Auto IV with my Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows (meaning I play with a wireless XBox 360 controller). The receiver is almost impossible to get hold of in Europe, turns out that there's some kind of factory error that makes the thing break soon after buying it. Well, that happened to me second time I plugged it in. Well, you can bypass the problem by opening up the thing and soldering a connection, so I did this morning and it's working fine now.

The game is ok. The storyline feels very scripted. I dunno if you can skip missions or not. Took me awhile to get it up running as the game doesn't support SLI and want over the double amount of graphicsmem for the settings I am running now. Except for some texture problems the game run pretty good though.

It was ... and I grabbed it. My inventory was near full so I was concerned, but it wasn't totally full, nor did it drop nor did I get a message. All I know was I grabbed the key, thought I was set ... but it wasn't there when I arrived. Crud.

Well, for some reason the key wasn't at my Tremere Chantry mailbox, but *was* back in Santa Monica ...

JemyM ... there is a reason GTA4 feels forced & scripted - it is! You can skip what you are not forced to do, but it is typical GTA in every other way. The DS 'Chinatown Wars' was much better.

I have started to feel tired of the games I had decided to play. I played the entire day yesterday and got 10% into GTAIV... that mean that the game will take me ages... Maybe it's even too long for me considering I do not like the game that much.

So I loaded up Drakensang, but I barely reached the first NPC's before shutting off again. This is weird. If I shall put down effort on an RPG I want to really dedicate myself to it, and I do not have the kind of dedication at the moment. The same problem with The Witcher which I still haven't played beyond the tutorial. I had planned to finish both Drakensang and The Witcher this summer, but I have started to doubt that I can.

I went back to another game I promised myself to finish ages ago; Starcraft: Brood War. I just reached level 6/8 of the Protoss campaign.

I know the feeling, It took me a year to finish WC III + expansion. I have a couple of other RTS games to play, and am a bit skittish now.

I never did finish Warcraft III, and I was a huge fan of the first 2 games.

WC3 just didn't grab me the same way as the prequels. The main problem for me is the 2 difficulty levels. The first one is pathetically easy imo, while the 2nd one was somewhat frustrating.

WC3 just didn't grab me the same way as the prequels. The main problem for me is the 2 difficulty levels. The first one is pathetically easy imo, while the 2nd one was somewhat frustrating.

Pathetically easy? :p Lol, I got my ass handed to me loads of times during the last missions with the Orcs. Protecting the World Tree was one of the hardest imo.

What I liked about the WC3 campaigns was that many of the missions weren't regular rts-style missions. Some were more rpg-like for example. I'm hoping, and Blizzard already promised this, that there will be a huge varianty of types of missions in SC2. Otherwise 30 or so missions with just the Terrans might get slow and boring. They have to keep it fresh and interesting.

I enjoyed WC III for the reasons danutz_++ says, in fact it's just about the only RTS besides the hybrid Spellcraft that I ever finished, but I got jaded toward the end of Frozen Throne and bailed.

Right now I'm taking a rerun through Heroes IV; it has it's annoyances but it's a way more interesting and well-constructed tb strat game than I remembered.

I was 1/2 through the game on easy, and restarted because I was barely challenged at all. They should have included 3 difficulty levels instead of just 2. It goes from "easy" to "hard as %*$%" :lol:.

In general though, WC3 was a step backwards from Starcraft imo.:(

Starcraft battle chest is on my buy list. But first, I want to make sure that the ones on my shelf see some attention: Alpha Centauri, and Battle for Middle Earth.

Also want to get Homeworld, but am having a hell of a time finding an original with all the packaged goodies (namely a complete printed manual).

I enjoyed WC III for the reasons danutz_++ says, in fact it's just about the only RTS besides the hybrid Spellcraft that I ever finished, but I got jaded toward the end of Frozen Throne and bailed.

Out of curiosity, was it the difficulty of TFT that caused you to bail, or just the game in general?

Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge

wsdqq.png

FM-Towns version, it actually has CD quality music and regular sound effects. Pretty neat.

There are also some FM-Towns versions of older LucasArts games ...

Everything japanese is just better ... ;)

Edit: My specimen of the Divinity 2 Colector's Edition has arrived ... The explanations of the fighting skills read bloody, imho ...

I haven't been able to get into a game either, since June anyway. I fail to see how that constitutes a problem, though.

Out of curiosity, was it the difficulty of TFT that caused you to bail, or just the game in general?

This is going to sound strange, JDR, but it was actually the creepy mood of the game, and the feeling of depression I got from all the main guys being evil--weird, but it just made me get tired of the whole thing--what's the point if all the elves become or are even worse than the evil undead they were fighting.

Yeah, pretty silly reason I guess. The difficult did ramp up, too and probably contributed some to my just not liking how the game was going.

the creepy mood of the game, and the feeling of depression I got from all the main guys being evil

An evil atmosphere, the feeling of depression, despair, and a lack of hope are characteristic of nearly all Blizzard games. I wonder if they keep doing that on purpose...

Replaying F.E.A.R. at extreme difficulty.
I love this game.

Back
Top Bottom