Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Date Announcement Video

I do recommend watching the pitch video on the KS page.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1848628223/947609585?ref=8amqiu&token=df2b2dd2

I was sold by the bagpipes of pain, and Pierre's demonic challenge to we mortals.

Thanks Ripper, I'd forgotten that existed! Everything about that video makes me happy - the toolset just looks great, and the dialogue options are impressive with loads of skill and class based options. It's good to see that level of reactivity, I hope it's like that through the whole module. And one of the puzzles is a wordsearch where the answer is DRAGONS - because of course it is!

Thanks for the link Ripper. The character screens looked packed with info and all the different races and classes are fantastic. That will have me up my pledge.

Just to be clear - I was only reposting the link that bjon045 posted previously, talking about stretch goals. I just thought it was worth making clear that it led to the full KS page, complete with pitch video.

I did a little scream when I got the email earlier this week, and, rest assured I'll be there to sponsor on day one, simply based on how much I enjoyed the first game.

There are stretch goals for 3d models, and city quests with Baldur,s gate style adventures. Now that would be cool, maybe they can reach those upper stretch goals.

Thank you for posting about KotC 2 and its Kickstarter everyone! :)
I'm really excited about this, especially with the editor opening up the potential for lots more modules. I'm quite keen to see how the editor works! Hopefully the Kickstarter will be a success.
The editor is very powerful and easy to use. A million times better than the tools I used to create KotC 1.
Why in the top left of the video is it not using buttons for the player characters? Is there now an option to use proper figures like KotC 1?
KotC 2 supports both tokens and animated sprites. I made the first adventure module, KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, with flat tokens. Then I added the option to display characters using sprites, and I imported the KotC 1 sprites into KotC 2. We'll get nicer high-resolution sprites after the Kickstarter. Players will be able to choose between sprites and tokens.
I don't think this is a good video, all I see is multiple confusing screens, many menus and buttons, coloured tokens moving around, and swirling text. It evokes no imagination of any fantasy world or game, no lore, no back story ..etc.
I know, but this is just a simple video I made to announce the date of the Kickstarter. The main video is the one I made for the Kickstarter. You can watch it at https://youtu.be/P7D5mhcLQH0.
This transcendent level of eccentricity must be rewarded.
Thank you for your support! :D
I was sold by the bagpipes of pain, and Pierre's demonic challenge to we mortals.
Ahaha! Thank you! Beware the Pipes of Pain!
Looked like he had a PayPal option to back the game directly with him. Think I'll go that route, as I hope he is eating better than gathered roots these days.
Thank you! I'm still living with minimal expenses, but I love roots anyway.
the dialogue options are impressive with loads of skill and class based options. It's good to see that level of reactivity, I hope it's like that through the whole module.
Yes, you get to use your skills throughout the whole adventure.
I did a little scream when I got the email earlier this week, and, rest assured I'll be there to sponsor on day one, simply based on how much I enjoyed the first game.
Awesome, thank you!
There are stretch goals for 3d models, and city quests with Baldur,s gate style adventures. Now that would be cool, maybe they can reach those upper stretch goals.
That would be wonderful! Cheers all :)

Thanks for the info BlueSalamnder. I will be there on day one to help out. Will KotC II be based on any classic modules like the first one being based on the Slavers and Against the Giants? That was fantastic.

Hello Hastar :)

If that's okay, I will reproduce my answer to a similar question that was asked in the earlier RPG Codex interview:

KotC 2 Augury of Chaos is a brand new adventure which does not really borrow much from any particular classic D&D module. Parts of it may have been inspired by the classic D&D module White Plume Mountain, other parts by the Slave Lords series, and yet other parts by Planescape: Torment, Dark Sun: Shattered Lands and the Baldur's Gate series. Cryptographic challenges were inspired by the adventure game Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars. However, for the most part, Augury of Chaos is the result of a number of cool ideas I've been writing down over the years.

For the Kickstarter module, KotC 2 The Dark Arena, and the other modules in the planned trilogy, my sources of inspiration include the D&D module Red Hand of Doom, the games Dark Sun: Shattered Lands and Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager, the Baldur's Gate series, Conan books, Spartacus films, the book The Seven Serpents, the d20 module Mad Manor of Astabar and various classic D&D modules, such as Against the Cult of the Reptile God, Castle Amber, Castle Caldwell and Beyond, The Veiled Society and Lost Tomb of Martek (in it, particularly the Mobius Tower).

Thank you very much for your support! :)

Looking forward to the Kickstarter. I don't back very many KS project anymore as I don't have much time to play. But like many others here I'll be there to back it on day one (or two, since i tend to be a bit late).

Looking forward to the Kickstarter. I don't back very many KS project anymore as I don't have much time to play. But like many others here I'll be there to back it on day one (or two, since i tend to be a bit late).

One little h and your username would check out.

Thank you for your support Galaad :)

Launching the KS in less than six days now, come hell or high water! :D

I am ready to back, just let me know when...

OK I will :cool:

Thank you rune_74! :)

I don´t know if I will support your kickstarter because I am really really poor right now,
but I would like to add that kotc 1 is one of the games that has given me by far the most enjoyment this last decade.
So thank you and even if I´m not able to support you now I will find a way buy it later

Last edited:
I don´t know if I will support your kickstarter because I am really really poor right now,
but I would like to add that kotc 1 is one of the games that has given me by far the most enjoyment this last decade.
So thank you and even if I´m not able to support you now I will find a way buy it later

I'll just have to support at a level that grants me two copies, then you can have one.

I'll just have to support at a level that grants me two copies, then you can have one.

As said above you are much to nice especially for a leguminous plant although it should probably not be necessary I was mostly engaging in some semi drunken bout of self pity

I don´t know if I will support your kickstarter because I am really really poor right now, but I would like to add that kotc 1 is one of the games that has given me by far the most enjoyment this last decade.
Thank you for the kind words mprod! I really appreciate it.
I've just updated the KS F.A.Q. for people who would like to get an extra digital download. Cheers all! :)

@JFarrell71;
One little h and your username would check out.

I'm well aware of that ;). It's a silly spelling mistake I made as a 13-14 years old kid playing on MUDs online back in 1994. Just kept the name ever since then I guess :p.

I received this today:

Dear RPG lovers, developers, influencers, video game news providers and close friends,

I hope you've been sharpening your swords and memorising your spells! :D

The Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter fundraising campaign will be launched in less than 72 hours, so I'm sending you an email just to keep you updated. The campaign will be launched on Tuesday 26 May 2020 at 7 am US Central time (2 pm Paris / Berlin time).

Here is the link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs. The first adventure, Augury of Chaos, and the module and campaign editor for Windows and Mac OS will be released to backers as soon as the campaign ends.

Yesterday, I uploaded the new version of the Kickstarter Stretch Goals image, featuring nine highly-unconventional recruitable companions. If you've always dreamt of adventuring in the company of an intelligent Gelatinous Cube, rejoice! Your dream will finally come true!

Knights of the Chalice 2 is a party-based epic computer role-playing game with turn-based combat. KotC 2 is inspired by Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights 2, Temple of Elemental Evil and Planescape: Torment. Just like KotC 1, KotC 2 uses the OGL 3.5, the ruleset at the root of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5.

The Kickstarter campaign will support the creation of at least three new KotC 2 adventure modules: The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil. The campaign will also be used to improve the game's graphics and facilitate the addition of new character classes and other features.

In KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, your Heroic Party confronts a group of Evil Fanatics allied with various Demons and Fiendish Dragons. Blast your enemies with more than 700 spells, bull-rush them into spike pits, trick them with your superior guile, or crush them with your enchanted greatsword! See them driven before you and hear the lamentations of their women, as your valiant party progresses all the way from level 1 to level 21.

Following the Kickstarter, the game is planned to be released on the developer's website, http://www.heroicfantasygames.com, and on Steam / GOG after a relatively short period of time dedicated to the improvement of the game. A Reddit Ask Me Anything session is planned at r/Games on 11 June from 8 am Central time (3 pm Paris time).

I'm counting on you to spread the word so that we can give the campaign the best possible start it can have. Feel free to share this message with your friends and social networks! :)

If you would like to post an image or the launch text on your social networks, please feel free to download the latest version of the KotC 2 Kickstarter promo pack.

Thank you so much everyone for supporting this project that I am so passionate about!

PS 1. I would like to give special thanks to Tactical Adventures, the developer of SRD 5.1 CRPG Solasta: Crown of the Magister, for the kind help and support provided to the Kickstarter. You can check out the game at https://www.solasta-game.com/

PS 2. I also would like to give special thanks to 6 Eyes Studio, the developer of Fell Seal: Arbiter’s Mark, for their kind support. You can check out their website at https://www.fellseal.com/ and their Steam page at https://store.steampowered.com/app/699170/Fell_Seal_Arbiters_Mark/?curator_clanid=35047933

PS 3. I also would like to give special thanks to Iron Tower Studio, the developer of The Age of Decadence, Dungeon Rats and Colony Ship. You can check out their website at http://irontowerstudio.com/

KotC 2 Features:

Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments. Click here for more information about the Classes, Feats and other topics.
With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and armour and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list).
Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best adventure modules may also generate an income stream for you.
Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learned by a character.
Cheers! Best regards everyone!

Pierre Begue (enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com)
HeroicFantasyGames.Com KotC 1 Features KotC 1 Screenshots
Steam Page Facebook Page Twitter Profile Youtube Channel
KotC 2 Features KotC 2 Screenshots Kickstarter Page KS FAQ Instagram
Kickstarter Preview Page Kickstarter Trailer on Youtube

Woots!

Back
Top Bottom