RIP Ennio Morricone

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Yes I still hate RIP threads, but a man who redefined film music has left us.
I need to say thanks because he made my life more beautiful. And I'm certain not only mine.

So many great theme tunes its hard to know where to start. He might not be a living legend any more but even in death he's only losing one half of that moniker.

People will be finding joy in his works in hundreds of years, just as we can still find joy in Mozart or Beethoven. A fitting ditty for the moment:

Yes, his music was exceptional.

He certainly changed my perspective on film music. I still remember the first time I saw The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly way back in 1972, probably the first time I noticed the music for a non-musical.

His music brought purpose to the films he was part of. I can't imagine once upon a time in the west without his music. Or any other film he was part of.

I've always felt that the scene where Jill arrives to train station alone from the east, music is used exceptionally well. It is called "Jill's theme" and it is hauntingly beautiful piece of music. And when the same score used near the end of film equally well, but to an other purpose, you know that there something magical in his work.

The music in The Good The Bad and The Ugly is my favorite of all time. The ending, where all three face off in the graveyard, is the best. Even as a child, I would rewind my VCR to watch that scene and listen to the music over and over.

Back
Top Bottom