The TV Series discussion thread

I´m very fond of the paintings but they feel very rooted in a late 70s early 80s sweden

https://www.simonstalenhag.se/

So I´m quite wary of a tv-series built upon them set in middle america
I've been watching very slowly and only just finished episode 2. Baby duties are keeping me from watching as I would normally (and gaming).

The first episode was very interesting. I think the second one was very predictable.
The show is very slow for now.

I'll give it a few more. Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I've got 2 more episodes and I'll have finished Season 3 of Twin Peaks. The whole Cooper spiel has really grown on me. Also, the season still manages to give me plenty of "what-the-fuck-did-I-just-see" moments. It's got weirdness galore. I don't really expect to come up with a plausible explanation at the end. And maybe that's for the best. Twin Peaks is more meant to be experienced than explained. I still like it a lot.

Watched the second episode of Killing Eve this week. It seems a bit stranger and less structured this year. Nowhere near as strange as Legion, but a bit odd at times.

Holy f-ing shit what an ending to S3 of Twin Peaks. I'm sure if Lynch was fucking with me, but that was one of the most weird final episodes of any series I've seen. Either non-sensical, or just mind-bending. I'm not even sure what questions to ask.

In the next to final episode was that an attempt to rewrite the timeline in which Laura Palmer was killed? Did that timeline stil exist? They should Cooper leading Laura through the woods but then she just disappears in a violent scream.

Like I said, what the actual fuck. Man, Lynch is just bonkers. In a good way. :D

I've been watching very slowly and only just finished episode 2. Baby duties are keeping me from watching as I would normally (and gaming).

The first episode was very interesting. I think the second one was very predictable.
The show is very slow for now.

I watched the first two episodes last night and liked them a lot. I actually found the first episode more predictable than the second, but I thought they were both good. It's not at all what I was expecting so far.

Finished watching Ragnorak, Norwegian language tv series about a teenager who turns out to be an embodiment of Thor. I quite like it - of course with sub-titles you don't get everything but I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Also watched Penny Dreadful: City of Angels....I don't find it as engrossing as the original series, but only one episode so far.

Lynch despised the fact that the network wanted Laura out of the show as Frost and Lynch really wanted to go in a different direction early in the story. So it was no surprise to me that he found a way to bring her back, and at the some retconned a bunch of stuff that he was less than happy with. Again, I'm praying with all my soul that we get another series at some point, as I think there's still lots to explore in the fabulous world of Twin Peaks.

Westworld S3

Not really sure what to think of it. I'm leaning towards it being a messy and silly spectacle with amazing production values. I hope against hope that it's smarter than it seems.

Bosch

Watched most of this, and it's really good. One of the best crime drama series out there.

Bosch

Watched most of this, and it's really good. One of the best crime drama series out there.

I think I saw the first 2-3 season of this, and liked it a lot. Very noir. Also the lead guy is great as Bosch.

Not sure why I dropped off after those.

I think I saw the first 2-3 season of this, and liked it a lot. Very noir. Also the lead guy is great as Bosch.

Not sure why I dropped off after those.

It does get a little one-note. I'm in the final season now, and I'm not as engaged as I was during the first 2-3 seasons.

It's not a drop in quality - it's just that it's very much the same sort of thing without much spice added.

As much as I like Bosch - he really doesn't have more than one face and one attitude to him. That gets old eventually.

The show is also coming up short in the memorable characters department. I really can't think of a character I really love.

His partner is perhaps the one I like the most, but even he is a little underwhelming overall.

The first couple of series of the Last Kingdom were really decent, the last two have just become filled with agendas and crap that were not in the novels. I guess compared to other telly it's still good, but the books are far superior. It's too bad, as the show really had a great start, then just.....got odd.

I have been watching the peaky blinders for a second time. This show is just too much fun, although it's a dangerous show to watch while drinking as all the characters are constantly drinking and I notice my consumption goes up quiet a bit while watching it....

Could you please give more information above the video link so people know what they're supposed to be watching.

Somebody kill me please.

Back
Top Bottom