What games are you playing now?

Okay... now that I've finished Titan Quest, I'm moving on to devoting my gaming time to The Omega Syndrome.

well i caved and bought the beyond the sword expanison for civ 4 this evening and been playing it for the last 2 hours. the afterworld mod/scenario caught my attention as it touted it as been the first turn-bases tactical strategy "game" in a civ game, or something along those lines. its quite fun and might appeal to those who like something more than just a civ game. its worth alone the 10 bucks i would have normally saved for waiting for this game to price drop.

I just bought a game pack which includes (all?) three splinter cell games. Spilnter cell, spilnter cell pandora tomorrow and spilnter cell the chaos theory. and it only cost me 15 euros :). These are all new games to me. I haven't played any splinter cell game before so I don't excatly what i'm going to see. I tried the the first SC yesterday abit and the gameplay felt really neat, hopefully the storyline is as good.

The fourth one is called Double Agent and was released last year. Personally I consider Chaos Theory to be the best in the series but Double Agent is decent.

All the Splinter Cell games are quite good with political storylines and fun gameplay that allows you to do lots of stuff.

I am playing Final Fantasy X now. I have just reached Calm Lands and based on the pages in the walkthrough I am 80% through including sidequests.

FFX improves the game in some areas but makes it weaker in others, and I do not know what to say about it so far. The story have been lacking, the main twist was not that spectacular and the story have been quite predictable so far. The mechanics are great and well balanced in some areas, very messy in others.
I have liked all the characters so far.

Wow ... did a bunch of crap since my last post, and yet am back where I started (almost ;) )

On the PC, after finishing up the adventure game Dead Reefs (quick review - good game, awful^2 controls) I'm now playing just ... one ... more ... turn of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword - worth every penny!

On the PSP I have blown through Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Gitaroo Man Lives!, PaRappa the Rapper and last weekend I went through the original Final Fantasy (quick review - get the GBA double pack FF I & II for $10 instead!). Now I'm back on the surprisingly good Brave Story: New Traveler

The DS has seen Brain Buster Puzzle Pak and some of New Super Mario Bros., which I had originally gotten and my kids took over immediately before I touched so I got another copy, and am now *back* on Brothers in Arms DS, which is really enjoyable - makes a good 'kybd & mouse' feel on the DS.

Started a new game of X3: Reunion a week ago, you can really get hooked on this game. There is now a set of user mods called the X-tended, it adds like 30-40 % more content to the game, and I hadn't tried it before. The X-tended takes a lot more resources from your rig than the vanilla game, so be warned; on my machine it hangs about every hour or sometimes when entering a system full of objects, but I think this is just the lack of RAM (1 GB).

It never ends. Getting to the highest battle rank without cheating would probably take all my free playing time for a year. But fortunately it gets a bit boring after a month or two, so there is no reason to worry.

I think I played the previous part, X2: the Threat more hours than any other game in my adult life, and I only ever started just one new game in it. After a while, you really start backing up your savegames...

well i caved and bought the beyond the sword expanison for civ 4 this evening and been playing it for the last 2 hours. the afterworld mod/scenario caught my attention as it touted it as been the first turn-bases tactical strategy "game" in a civ game, or something along those lines. its quite fun and might appeal to those who like something more than just a civ game. its worth alone the 10 bucks i would have normally saved for waiting for this game to price drop.

Does BTS have higher graphic card requirements than the basic CivIV game? I can play CivIV just fine, but the demo for BTS is all pixellated and in bizarre colours.

Does BTS have higher graphic card requirements than the basic CivIV game? I can play CivIV just fine, but the demo for BTS is all pixellated and in bizarre colours.
Hmmm ... I have no issues, but I'm on a high-end rig (Dell XPS 1710) so I might not be a good test case. I played the original last week and after installing BtS I see no difference.

Hmmm ... I have no issues, but I'm on a high-end rig (Dell XPS 1710) so I might not be a good test case. I played the original last week and after installing BtS I see no difference.

I'm on a decidedly low-end machine (Athlon 2500+, 512mb RAM, GeForce 5600FX), but CivIV runs just fine. The demo for BTS however does not. Weird. Good to know ahead of time though.

Finished Gothic III (sort of). Can't bring myself to really finish it, motivation curve went downhill after the great siege at the capital city. Had a love/hate relationship with the game: great graphics, great atmosphere, great landscapes to explore, awful bugs, a bit too heavy on the combat side, a bit too light at the quest side. Then went on to NWN2 and had a good time with it, not great. Managing the keep was fun for some time, but combat is still cumbersome with this interface. Then rekindled the Oblivion Experience. That's even more of a love/hate thing than Gothic. Finished Knights of the Nine, some really cool moments but otherwise too Fedex, as is my issue with the whole game. The quests are too simple/too combat oriented. Also finished all the Daedric quests. I'll pick up the main quest from here. Am considering buying the Shivering Isles, anybody played that yet? I heard it was more quest-oriented. After that I don't know yet. Maybe replay Vampire/Bloodlines with fan patches on my new rig. For the future I'm eyeing Fallout 3 and Bioshock, but they are still way off in time.

@JDR13: a whole bunch actually. I think when you choose carefully your playing experience can be enhanced dramatically in comparison with Oblivion-fresh-out-the-box which got a bit hammered (rightfully so I would say) by RPG-faithfuls. I use all the official downloadable mods save Shivering Isles which offcourse is more of an expansion pack. Then I use about 70+ custom made mods, the most important being OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul). This one I think is absolutely the key to get rid of the stupid leveling system vanilla Oblivion was shipped with. You have to like a whole bunch of other bundled mods and custom changes though because it packs a lot of 'em. Others include graphical upgrades (LOD's, textures, parallax mapping), slow leveling (also in OOO), custom fix packs for minor bug stuff, a total change to the GUI (less console-like and more user-friendly) and my favorite mods: all kind of houses to own and put your stuff in. My main residence is Rosethorn Hall in Skingrad which got expanded with a nice cellar in which I display all my armors and weapons. Some of the better mods for atmosphere: Illumination Within Revived. Now you see light shining through windows of houses and churches at night. Very nice. Also Natural Environments with all kind of changes to the weather, coloring and foliage. My girlfriend also plays Oblivion with a lot of mods and she is totally into gardening which one mod makes possible. I haven't checked out newer mods for some time now, so there probably are more to choose from now.
What's your setup with Oblivion?

I have Oblivion with both expansions, but to be honest with you I've never really played too much of them yet. I really want to finish Morrowind when I have time first.

When I do finally start playing I want to use a bare minimum amount of mods. I checked out that OOO mod that everyone raves about, but it changes way too many things for my taste. I would like to find something that removes the auto-scaling of enemies and loot but does nothing else. I'll probably use the gui mod also.

Well you should definitly check out Francesco's leveling mod (as rooroosta said) and Kobu's advancement mod as I recollect from patrolling the mod forums awhile back. The GUI mods I use are BTmod 2.20 and Daegor's Retextured UI mod. They give more screen space to the game while outside menu's and give more room to items/spells etc in menu's.

Well you should definitly check out Francesco's leveling mod (as rooroosta said) and Kobu's advancement mod as I recollect from patrolling the mod forums awhile back. The GUI mods I use are BTmod 2.20 and Daegor's Retextured UI mod. They give more screen space to the game while outside menu's and give more room to items/spells etc in menu's.

I concur..excellent mods to use these..natural environments is a must too as previously mentioned.

I'm still playing the demo for the TB strat title Dominions 3 by Ilwinter Games. I was up til the wee hours last night with the "just one more turn" thing.:) It's a very generous demo--I played my faction for about 5 or 6 hours on a medium map, but just as I was about to wipe out the vile presence of the R"yleh(H. P. Lovecraftian Cthulu types) the demo informed me I had reached it's limits :(

It looks like I'm going to have to come up with the cash for the full version.

I am playing Gothic the best game ever, Mafia, Morrowind and SW Battlefront.

After many plot twists I finally reached the point in Final Fantasy X where I have complete freedom to explore the world. I estimate all minigames to take another two days before I can finish the game.

I have been sloppy with FFX. It have taken me much longer than I expected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom