Divinity 2 Divine Divinity 2 Ending

Roi Danton

Sentinel
I don't know if any of you have already played and finished Ego Draconis. I just did and have to make one comment:

That was a bloody awesome ending. Whoever thought of that is bloody brilliant. Oh yes, I can see a lot of people bitching about the ending but I love it.
Bloody brilliant.

I haven't finished it, but have heard how it ends. I've greatly enjoyed the game, but I was very disappointed with the fjord section and being a dragon is a bit too arcade like... and not a very good arcade at that. Also, I was hoping to go to at least Rivertown, but it's blocked by one of those fortresses... despite being a dragon and presumably being able to fly over things like mountains, but whatever.

I got the feeling that the game was a giant advertisement for a third installment, but the game is none the less very good. I enjoyed all the things you can do with your battle tower and the great humor.

Has anyone else encountered "Dragon Terror Force?" I haven't laughed that hard from a game in awhile. Great stuff.

The ending has ignited a MASSIVE discussion on the Larian boards ... Most people were just outright frustrated to dissatisfied.

I'm keeping away from the discussions about it, because I don't want to be spoilt too much (and I have been spoilt more than I wanted to already).

I could answer here only by directly jumping to the last replay here of wghich I assumed it would contain no spoilers. Sometimes, my intuition knows what to do.

I finished Divinity 2 - Ego draconis, today.

I like the ending - a good cliffhanger for Divinity 3.

+ good story (very good in the first part of the game)
+ much humor
+ exploring is fun and rewarding - some interesting places are very hard too find
+ difficult puzzles are in the game, too
+ good character development - you can learn things from all classes, but you have to chose wisely, because there are not enough exp-points in the game to learn everything -> my end level was 35
+ good armour & weapon enchanting/enhancement system
+ good alchemy system
+ unique weapons & armour and sets
+ interesting quests, often with more than one solution

- bad balancing in the end -> if you are 5 levels above your enemy he can't damage you at all, that means at the end of the game you can go through some dungeons without a scratch -> this is v e r y bad because it makes all the good character, wepon and armour building meaningless in these situations.
- in dragon form you can only fight enemies in the air, ground attacks are only possible to buildings NOT to enemies !
- too much clicking to death in the second part of the game
- second part a bit too linear
- the dragon attacks on enemy flying fortresses vary not too much, so you feel like doing the same arcade action all over again
- in the game are choices and consequences, but only on a very local/personal quest level -> no path is blocked forever, no faction banish you, there's no reputation system

My first reaction to that ending was a smile. It's not what you expect and i can understand some people are frustrated, but you can't have your way every time :).

This type of ending is becomming old. Bioshock was heralded for it. But to be honest it's a typical story element.

It takes advantage of gamers who are used to getting instructions and following them (wether in the good path or the bad path), but then the developer tricks the player and the only time the player can get the truth is when it is too late and the ending cinematic is already rolling. It might have been cute with Bioshock, but I'm kind of annoyed when there is no way (especially in an RPG) for the player to find out ulterior motives, even if they were in a side quest.

The ending is one large Deus Ex Machina and things are revealed by the god (in this case the developer) for which one has no way of finding out in-game.

Anyway it's a good game but the ending is far from brilliant. And in the way it leaves everything hanging up in the air, reminds me of that 10 commandments article that was posted recently.

I don't know if any of you have already played and finished Ego Draconis. I just did and have to make one comment:

That was a bloody awesome ending. Whoever thought of that is bloody brilliant. Oh yes, I can see a lot of people bitching about the ending but I love it.
Bloody brilliant.
I Too thought it was an epic ending, but like you said, some will hate it.

It certainly was a downer, especially after that horrendous final battle.

I guess it's fine as a lead into Divinity 3, but if there is no part three it's certainly a sucky outcome to end on.

I don't exactly have a feeling of satisfaction when I look back on it, and I think all that my character went through, and it was for absolutely nothing.

And it does feel like the whole thing was just a lead in to the next installment.

Last edited:
I haven't finished it, but have heard how it ends. I've greatly enjoyed the game, but I was very disappointed with the fjord section and being a dragon is a bit too arcade like… and not a very good arcade at that. Also, I was hoping to go to at least Rivertown, but it's blocked by one of those fortresses… despite being a dragon and presumably being able to fly over things like mountains, but whatever.

I got the feeling that the game was a giant advertisement for a third installment, but the game is none the less very good. I enjoyed all the things you can do with your battle tower and the great humor.

Has anyone else encountered "Dragon Terror Force?" I haven't laughed that hard from a game in awhile. Great stuff.

I was disappointed at the settlements, or lack thereof. There is only one smallish town, and two tiny villages. I was looking forward to Aleroth through the entire game, expecting a big town to explore with new shops, and quests to do and whatnot, and it was such a let down when you get there.

I thought the attempts at humor were just pathetic, like the dragon terror force, and Tom, Dick and Harry. And not to mention Damian. As in the name, Damian.

good game, but the ending is too hard to complete - i feel like smashing the disc to bits.oh well i will just have to watch the end on you tube.

Last edited:
hey can anyone tell me how use those scrolls/formula things?.

hey i just finished the game, i was on level 37(fighter) -- and i just destroyed that stupid Divine and Zandolor, man it was great killing that Divine guy.

The best laugh i got was the fixing the well quest in the Fjords. Dragon Force was funny but the well quest was just a riot!

Yeah, the Power Rangers made me laugh outloud.

In any case, having finally completed it, I now understand why "Talana" was often being annoying, sarcastic and downright rude. Oh, and why she was so desperate to get going to the Hall of Echoes.

Still, I am somewhat dissappointed - not because it's a bad ending, but because I have to wait a long time untill I get to see it resolved. I can't wait to get my hands on Ygerna and Damian...

I finally finished the game a week or so ago. RL always gets in my way. The first thing I thought when I realized what had happened was "The only way I could have beat the game was not to play." Brilliant twist IMHO. :lol:

That's just because you're Twisted!! :p :)

Late reply I know but I only just finished it. I was a bit taken aback by the ending but did quite like it, it fit in well with the quirky writing and story lines through the rest of the game. I did, however, expect there to be a shot of you going berserk inside the crystal and break it while the Divine was telling you your whole life was spent helping Damian's evil wench.

Back
Top Bottom