|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come - The Future of Time Travel Technology

Default Kingdom Come - The Future of Time Travel Technology

February 12th, 2018, 22:44
At one point they definitely had a clear statement on their website, might have been in the FAQ or suchlike, about releasing modding tools that would be essentially what they used to build the game. Thing is, I've seen such claims before that drifted away, and I wondered if the idea was being discussed.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

February 12th, 2018, 23:04
Yeah, I vaguely recall them saying something like that, too, which is why I bothered to look earlier.

Capt. Huggy Face

Aging Gamer
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 12th, 2018, 23:20
The game was made using CryEngine, you can probably use the CryEngine SDK to edit/mod it.
--
Mission Impossible: clean that overgrown backlog. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

February 13th, 2018, 00:30
Originally Posted by you View Post
You don't object to entering your steam password on their site ?
As a matter of fact I don't.
They can't steal my Steam account and there is no privacy data whatsover I'd be forced to reveal they could sell to crime underground like Facebook does.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

February 13th, 2018, 00:45
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
The game was made using CryEngine, you can probably use the CryEngine SDK to edit/mod it.
To a certain degree that's true, but there's a hell of a difference between that and a modding kit that takes account of the probably complex superstructure they've built on top of it.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

February 13th, 2018, 15:45
So I got the physical box yesterday. Interesting they decided to not produce a manual. Also tried I stalling via the discs and it launches steam and requires a steam code then started a preload that took forever then failed with a random error. Great start.

Not that I will at it now anyway, just wanted a quick romp to get a feel for it then will wait months for patching

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

February 13th, 2018, 15:47
Yeah, only game discs and a soundtrack disc in the physical box. Well, also a paper map, but it didn't come inside the physical game box, just came in the same shipping box. Kinda lame not having a nice manual for a KS physical.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 13th, 2018, 16:38
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Yeah, only game discs and a soundtrack disc in the physical box. Well, also a paper map, but it didn't come inside the physical game box, just came in the same shipping box. Kinda lame not having a nice manual for a KS physical.
The box is a waste, just discs that are useless due to requiring steam. Like the map but should have just got all digital.

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

February 13th, 2018, 18:47
They could have at least made room in the box for the map. I guess it can be re-folded in a different way and kept in there…maybe.

Stingray

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 14th, 2018, 06:18
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
They could have at least made room in the box for the map. I guess it can be re-folded in a different way and kept in there…maybe.
Yea agree, kind of regret my backing this level, like the map but basically spent 30$ on it since the rest of the box isn't really useful with manual.

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Kingdom Come - The Future of Time Travel Technology