|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Question about purchasing games on online stores using paypal

Default Question about purchasing games on online stores using paypal

February 18th, 2018, 13:14
I ended up purchasing stalker 3 on steam today because its 75% off and this is one of my fav series even though the pirwted version of the game I already had running on my bootcamped iMac ran like [email protected] (maybe the steam version is mor eupdated or streamlines im hoping as usually porates copies are hard to update and sometimes have file errors) and I have two paypal addresses: one nee polish one with nee bank account and card added and my former years long paypal i used even before i czme to prison and got out into free society here in poland after immigration. Well, here is the thing. the conversion rate sucked, it was like less than three (1 dollar worth less than three zloty vs the cantors or banks here having it at like 3.33). but here is the other thing… bank of america started this weird charge program basically stealing from their loyal customers by charing them 12 bucks just to have a checkings account or a debit card with them. this luckily happened recently and not all the years i was down in prison where i had money waiting for me when I got out untouched. so i ended up cscnelling my boa account revently and that paypal has none associated with it since the only other bank I have an account with is Polish and even if I add that one to the other account I still have to deal with the conversion rates. So zi was thinking, what if I added 5 bucks or the purchasing price of stalker 3 to the paypal beforehand, would steam just take it with no conversion rates or not requiring a stable form of baxkup pay,ent like bank associated with that acocunt? The paypal conversion rates between two accounts arent bad when compared to purchasing directly from steam. I ask mostly for future larger payments as stalker was only 5 bucks…

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 18th, 2018, 15:06
Since when is paypay allowed in jail.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

February 18th, 2018, 17:44
I have no idea.

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 18th, 2018, 19:42
Can someone remind me why this guy is still being allowed to post here?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

February 18th, 2018, 22:56
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Can someone remind me why this guy is still being allowed to post here?
Because this isn't North Korea and he hasn't broken any rules?
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

February 19th, 2018, 01:19
Yeah, he's in prison really means that his Mommy locked him in his room. Didn't you see his artwork? He's 8 years old.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)

February 19th, 2018, 02:05
Are you suggesting he stole mom's paypal acc to buy him some horse armor?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 19th, 2018, 18:17
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Yeah, he's in prison really means that his Mommy locked him in his room. Didn't you see his artwork? He's 8 years old.
well they call this prison guy a talented artist so I must be a genius by prison art standards:
https://thomassilverstein.wordpress.com/

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

February 19th, 2018, 18:21
I so like the message behind his stuff though, it has a similar message to Jeff Vogel and Avernun:

thats what most of you cats on here with your self righteousness will never get, a powerful message put out through a medium such as gaming. That is what I discovered playing Avernun escape from the pot and hardly any game oit there besides maybe Shenmue and stalker touched me like that or had such a tuthful message. Your whole society is decsying and you are not heeding to such messages, just brush them off as just another game when you are like tools or pawns made to be ruled by man in suits or sold in court rooms while they laugh to the bank or traded by banks like bank of america for others profit.

The Caged life:
http://www.westword.com/news/the-caged-life-5094837
Last edited by AppleIntimidation; February 19th, 2018 at 18:46.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

February 19th, 2018, 19:20
Don't walk into it, guys. It's a very tired school of trolling, where he spams a load of gaslighting horseshit, just enough to be irritating, but staying just about within the rules, in the hopes of getting something going. Was kind of novel in about 1998.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

February 19th, 2018, 19:32
I don't think he's smart enough to be a proper Troll rip. If he were under a bridge and demanded $20 to cross I'd slip him a 10 and demand change back for a 50.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
+1:

February 19th, 2018, 23:41
I'm confused.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 01:30
Originally Posted by you View Post
I'm confused.
You are witnessing success.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

February 20th, 2018, 12:25
Prison was my world for three strsight yrs. At the deser fiew mccf there are a lot of nerds and gamers there. It is basically the lowest of the low classificsiton or violence level prison full fo very minor sex offenders mostly snd one time mistakers. plenty of d&d players in there, book readers, etc. it is a private prison but it is good.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

February 20th, 2018, 12:35
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
It's a very tired school of trolling
School?
It's trolling level amateur.
We sure it's not codexian who got ignored there due to lack of skill?
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

February 21st, 2018, 13:38
how am I trolling? I am being real.

AppleIntimidation

Sentinel

February 21st, 2018, 19:35
What you described there is a bit overly complex for me … Especially for people of my age … But since GOG claims they are using "fair" rates, I prefer to use GOG.
--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Question about purchasing games on online stores using paypal