Tortured Hearts - Development Update

KS

Fair enough, guys.

We have discussed this and considering a few other issues as well, we'll retry Kickstarter as soon as we can put the campaign together. The page is already under development.

Sound promising. Good luck.

No idea if you're across this already or if it'll make any difference but as a word of caution… It might be worth checking with an accountant re funds raised via crowd sourcing. The guy who created ADOM says he lost about 50% of the kickstarter funds to taxes he had to pay on the money raised. He's based in Germany I think. This was completely unexpected and I gather made it rather more difficult to meet the campaign goals that had been based on a lot more money coming in. He did get them done eventually but if the story is true it's worth passing on to people trying their luck on KS and the like.

Any chance of sticking it on YouTube please for those of us without Facebook accounts? ;)

Thanks! The animations are looking good and the text is definitely clear to read.

You originally wrote:
Combat is not interactive on character level: meaning you can't control your characters individually. It is turn-based, directive-based, and uses aggro-management.

I don't really understand what this means. Could you explain what input the player has each turn please? Ie do you adjust the group AI each turn, and what kind of options are there?

Between each round a so-called Directive Panel pops up. Here you can select options for your characters. You can use 3 levels of Anger, Power (mana usage) and Aid and you can also select Flee, Parley, Berserk and Commence.

Depending on your settings, your party member will be more or less fierce and considerate. Peeps with higher aid setting tend to heal/buff themselves and party members or debuff enemy more reliably. They can even raise friends. This makes combat slower, but you have a bigger chance to win. Mobs don't use resurrection.

Attacks and healing (and some other actions) generate or mitigate aggro. You can have an affect on aggro generation with equipment too.

The directive panel can be hidden to automate combat. Berserk does that as well.

While the directive panel is active, you can invoke the character sheet and equip/unequip stuff or use other items like summoning a creature using a wand, or drink a potion. Summoned creatures disappear as soon as the combat ends.

On top of the standard archetype actions, there are some special ones like: Take Risk, Feint, Dust In The Eye, Coup de Grace, Shield Bash, Shield Blocking, Personal Tactical Traits, Encourage, Annoy, Shake-off, Incite, Discipline

Their occurrence also depends on directive settings. You don't need to micromanage this process.

Ok thanks for the detailed response, sounds interesting. Good luck finishing the beta!

Hi Guys

44989638_1886133714815486_577510854627426304_o.jpg

Tortured Hearts is currently in the Beta Test phase. We are not adding new features at this point and save/load works, so we are just working through any obscure bugs, typos, economy, and balance issues.

Thank you for your continued interest!

Thanks for the update. I guess this means release is soon ?

It depends on two things.
The number of bugs and an indie oriented web shop we are developing for our games and other digital intellectual property.

Also, TH is really very complex, that's why it takes so long to finish it for a tiny team like ours.

Wow, are the RPG Gods trying to get me to play a million awesome RPGs this year? This shot up to next on my list after Kingmaker. Sounds incredible. I never played the NWN module but I wanted to - it also sounded great. I'm in on day one on this one (if I'm done with Kingmaker by then). Great job!

Wow, are the RPG Gods trying to get me to play a million awesome RPGs this year? This shot up to next on my list after Kingmaker. Sounds incredible. I never played the NWN module but I wanted to - it also sounded great. I'm in on day one on this one (if I'm done with Kingmaker by then). Great job!

Thank you. However, the game won't be released this year. We'll have to make sure it's bug free and we have just started the web shop a few days ago.

Thank you. However, the game won't be released this year. We'll have to make sure it's bug free and we have just started the web shop a few days ago.

Cool, gives me more time to finish Kingmaker. :)

Does this game also have the 80-100 hours as the original modules did?

Yes, absolutely. Possibly more.

Pretty amazing. And when you say complex do you mean it has a lot of skill checks, moral decisions, choice and consequence with a pen-and-paper type ruleset?

And how many companions are in the game so far?

Also, can you email me a longer video that I can talk about and promote on my YouTube channel? Or maybe you can send the 2 you posted so far, I can repeat them back to back and give my thoughts over top? Also, can you post a summarized bullet point list of things I can comment on that will be in the game? Something for a somewhat short video (5-10 minutes) would be fine. My email is fluent2332@gmail.com if you'd like to mail me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom