Witcher 3 - Design Documents Leaked

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Seems a few people couldn't wait till next year to see how the game ends. It seems they hacked a few Design Documents about the endings, stats, and boob physics.

Warning: I will not host any of the images on our site, but the following two sites have all the details. So if you want more spoilers go on, If not move on.

Dual Shockers/ Dual Shockers

Today a large batch of design documents for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt have been leaked, apparently taken from the Google Drive account of a developer at CD Projekt RED.

While we won’t publish most of the specific contents of the documents, as they include really big spoilers (which means that we also have to caution you against looking for them, unless you want to spoil the endings for yourself like I had to do), they include a lot of interesting data that can give us an idea of the scope of the game.
PS4 Daily

With eight months until the game’s launch, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has encountered a colossal leak. According to Reddit user Kromgar, the design documents for the game were accidentally leaked by a CD Projekt Red developer, revealing much of the game’s assets. How do we know he’s telling the truth? Well, he has picture proof to go along with his story. In the gallery below, you’ll find concept art for various masks, Geralt’s hair, Triss in new clothing, and three monsters from the game’s bestiary.

The good news is none of the images we were able to find spoil anything too important, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t some more spoiler-filled ones out there. As the Reddit user notes, the design documents contained the game’s endings so it’s only a matter of time until somebody uploads those as well.
More information.

i found the witchers so boring and uninterested at the outcome, I give it 20% this installment would be any better

just hope it wont take too much from SKyrim, because that would make it the first witcher I haven't finished - or rather reached final boss, might have watched the ending on youtube can't remember.

Well after I had a look at the entire leak all I can say is I hope this won't make CD Projekt RED rewrite the entire game due to being spoiled by hackers.:-/

Last edited:
If you can believe the map sizes, it'll indeed be damns huge: The Ard Skellig map has 64 km², and there's at least one map which is even bigger, so we have a minimum of 128 km².

In comparison Skyrim's map has (if you can beleive this answer) 37 km².

I really wonder how CDPR will make these huge maps really interesting…

Deleting what I posted before. I have misunderstood Couchpotato comment above. I thought he said that W3 ends up bit like ME3 in that you choices doesn't matter!

Last edited:
Deleting what I posted before. I have misunderstood Couchpotato comment above. I thought he said that W3 ends up bit like ME3 in that you choices doesn't matter!
Don't worry as I do the same thing myself sometimes.;)

I was talking about the leaked information not choices. In-case anyone forget the entire script for Mass Effect 3 was leaked, and it forced Bioware to rewrite certain scenes.

Guys seriously.
Do you really believe TW3 devs didn't read what fans say not just about TW1/2 but also about other RPGs?
We know this for sure:
TW2 -> QTE fest -> fans not happy -> no QTE in TW3

ME3?
It's nearly impossible that CDprojekt never heard about EA storywriters who didn't really care about fans and made ME3 full of plotholes. Also there is nothing in first two TheWitcher games even close to Evangelion (mechs, psychotic episodes, alienation) thus there is no way TW3 could end with Spielberglike kid design fail like ME3. And the most important, TW1 and TW2 did not have critical to understand the story content cut out of the game and sold separately with a money laundry scheme. TW3 won't have that either.

Skyrim?
Do you honestly believe TW3 devs never heard people mentioning being angry by a phoenix dragon that jumps on you every single time you visit mages guild? What, you believe they'll make an unkillable for good griffin that annoys a player every time he visits, dunno, some withchers base? Do you perhaps think they never heard about ubelievable amount of bugs never patched by Bethesda so they'll also release and leave TW3 to be bug-o-rama for eternity with never fixed idiocies like undroppable superheavy elder scroll? Oh and do you really expect them making Sims 3 retarded worthless housing ripoff and sell it instead of giving it for free?

What ME3 and Skyrim definetly got better than TW2?
Music.
Because of preorder, I've heared 4 tracks from the game and can safely say, TW3 made an improvement in that area.
So have no fear. TW3 will not fail where others did. If it fails, it'll be in some new area.

I was talking about the leaked information not choices. In-case anyone forget the entire script for Mass Effect 3 was leaked, and it forced Bioware to rewrite certain scenes.

A good that you clarify. For a moment there I thought you meant a severely underwhelming end to the series.

Well after I had a look at the entire leak all I can say is I hope this won't make CD Projekt RED rewrite the entire game due to being spoiled by hackers.:-/

Why would CD Project want to do that? They have warned about the leak and asked people not to read those files because of the spoilers they contained. Those who decide to read the files regardless of the warning have only themselves to blame if their enjoyment of the game will be diminished.

And BTW why did you look at all this info Couch?

Why would CD Project want to do that? They have warned about the leak and asked people not to read those files because of the spoilers they contained. Those who decide to read the files regardless of the warning have only themselves to blame if their enjoyment of the game will be diminished.

And BTW why did you look at all this info Couch?
I was just sharing my opinion based on past leaks. :)

Anyway my opinions always seem to back fire on me in every thread lately. Also as for why I was just curious, and took a glance at it.

I'm not going to apologize as spoilers don't bother me.;)

You are WAY too touchy my friend. The body of my post was nothing more than an opinion about the topic in question. And the question? I was genuinely interested what has driven you to Peeping Tommery :)

Anyway my opinions always seem to back fire on me in every thread lately.
Means only one thing - you're not a boring person.
Imagine an utter boredom the site would become if all comments were "you're right", "I agree" or "+1". We would all move to Codex to get at least a catfight fix. Horrors! :D

I agree.

Well I feel a little better now.

I was worried they wouldnt spend enough time considering boob jiggle physics, now I'm just hoping they spend an equal amount of time and effort getting the butt wiggle physics correct

There is design, and then there is implementation. We know the game was delayed, so they have had some problems in realizing their design. Is this the scope that is going to be in launch?

What I have heard and what is leaked beggars belief. About 4x the size of Skyrim with what the devs claim is no asset reuse and twice the monster roster of the previous game, all in a possible quality that left it the pride of E3.

But they would have been bragging about the comparison to every rival franchise's scope if they were on track to do what is in these leaked documents, wouldn't they? Especially since their last game sold 1.5 million compared to Skyrim (17 million) and Mass Effect 3 (5 million).

Last edited:
Especially since their last game sold 1.5 million compared to Skyrim (17 million) and Mass Effect 3 (5 million).

Where are you getting those numbers from? Witcher 2 sold 1.7 million copies by May 2012 and both games reached combined sales of 6 million copies by October 2013.

Where are you getting those numbers from? Witcher 2 sold 1.7 million copies by May 2012 and both games reached combined sales of 6 million copies by October 2013.

I combined the 360 totals to the Windows totals on VGChartz, same place I got the numbers for the other games (0.75 million for 360 and 0.85 million for Windows, which is 1.6, but I rounded the others too).

Those are 2012 numbers. It's always worth to get your figures crosschecked with more than one source.

Back
Top Bottom