Divinity 2 - PAX Blog

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A blog covering the 3 days of PAX 2009 is to be found at the Divinity 2 site.
Pax 2009 is on! Within minutes of the doors opening, all controllers on the CDV booth are in hands, and crowds are already beginning to swarm around the stand. Today we see a lot of fans of the original Divine Divinity game, and Swen Vincke, the CEO of the development studio Larian, was on hand to chat to them about the game and the world. Not once during the three days did I spot Swen NOT talking to fans – he is VERY passionate about his team and his game!
Today we ran a raffle to win an autographed Xbox 360, and expected a good amount of hopeful fans, but we were overwhelmed when we saw that when the time for the draw came, the stand was swamped with people – great stuff!
A good start – the stand looks great, the show is busy, the game is well received and already there is a great feeling of excitement and passion from the fans. Can’t wait till tomorrow!
More information.

Having imported and patched the game to English, I have to say there are plenty of things to like. That said, I think the single largest issue is that certain classes feel horribly underpowered (melee combat, anyone?). Nothing that a few mods wouldn't iron out. The story and plot are actually pretty cool.

Having imported and patched the game to English, I have to say there are plenty of things to like. That said, I think the single largest issue is that certain classes feel horribly underpowered (melee combat, anyone?). Nothing that a few mods wouldn't iron out. The story and plot are actually pretty cool.

There is an english patch for the german version ... ? Do tell!

If this is true then it's got to be a world record for modding/patching a game into another language.

Even if there is a mod to patch it to English, I think I'll just wait till it's been officially released.

Someone collected the required files and registry changes and put them together with an installation script some time back. This is the same mod/hack you'll find in our forums from the original release, apart from the being a little more elegant to install/use.

I've heard mixed things about the result (some say it was perfect, some say some NPCs don't work properly) and I'm not sure what the situation is with all the patches. Personally I'd wait - Larian may not be finished with all the balancing and polishing.

Thanks for that ... I won't have any time before December anyway!

Back
Top Bottom