The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

How about you do that next week when I'll likely be out!! :)

New sales in the´Summer Sails and more :

Get A Boost!
Get 25% off through July 25th:
Sovereign XP Elixirs
Treasure Hunter Elixirs
Greater Slayer Boosts
Long Lasting Supreme Ability Potions

Summer Sails continue!
Get:
35% off +20 Hearts of Wood
50% off +3 Tome of Fate
50% off Veteran Status 2
75% Off Artificer
Now through July 25th!

Weekly Coupon
Haste Potion x10
Coupon Code HASTEY
Now through July 25th!

DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Commendations of Valor, now through July 21st!

I wont be able to play today. So have fun without me.

Lightning struck 50m from my home today. Then I lost TV and Internet. 100 homes were affected. TV came back a little while ago, but not Internet. It should have been so I guess the router or modem has been fried. I can't ask until tomorrow because user help has ended for the day.

I'll definitely be out this week guys, but should be back to normal after this. Have a great session!! :)

How much of a grind is it to get enough favor for the Inquisitive Enhancement tree?

You need 225 Sharn favor to unlock the Inquisitive tree per character.

Sharn part 1 can give you 75 favor. Part 2 78 favor. Cogs 99 favor.
Total of: 252. More than enough for the Inquisitive.

So running the Sharn quests once on elite or reaper should give you Inquisitive. The fastest way to get it would be to run the heroic chain while epic. Should be easy enough on elite and you get the mats you need for crafting, heroic gear and the favor.

In RPGWatch there are several people capable of running elite or reaper Legendary Sharn. So if you login and contact one of us we can easily get a group together and get you all you need. Do you have toons in RPGWatch yet?

Just for completeness' sake : The Inquisitive tree might become buyable later for Points : https://www.ddo.com/en/masterminds-sharn-faqs
There at the top.
I don't know what they mean with "universal tome", though. It says "tome", not "tree", but the tree is part of the "Collector's Edition" and of the "Ultimate Fan Bundle". Not in the "Standard Edition", though.

Edit : Apparingly one account was hacked … : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/507023-caution-accounts-being-hacked#post6231250
Be careful. There might be more. One never knows what hackers do.

The current sales :
Otto's Boxes, Epic Otto's Boxes, and Improved Otto's Boxes are now on sale for a limited time!
Find them in the DDO Store through August 4th!

Adventure and Advance!
Get 20% off:
Select Adventure Packs
Quest XP Elixirs
Now through August 1st!

Summer Sails continue!
Get:
35% Mirrors of Glamering
50% off Half-elf race
50% off Character Slots
75% off Epic Destinies
Now through August 1st!

Weekly Coupon
Lesser Treasure Hunter's Elixir
Coupon Code HUNTTREASURE
Now through August 1st!

DDO Bonus Days bring you a +5% Reaper XP Boost, now through July 28th!

Now that was interesting : I had bought myself a "Mirror of glamering" - did Silver Daily Dice - and won one, too ! :D

Last edited:
Since the alts and the mains are both sitting at level 10 right now, this would be the time to pull a switcheroo if anyone so desired. I'm giving some thought to trading my daggerlock in for the wolfie druid. I'm a little more interested in seeing how the daggerlock build develops and it would also give us a little better mix on the alt party. No decisions made at this point, but figured I'd put the idea in front of the group and see if anyone else is having similar thoughts.

I consider playing this for a while. What world are you playing on?

pibbur whose storage facilities sometimes looks like a dungeon.

Last edited:
We're on the Khyber server.

You need 225 Sharn favor to unlock the Inquisitive tree per character.

Sharn part 1 can give you 75 favor. Part 2 78 favor. Cogs 99 favor.
Total of: 252. More than enough for the Inquisitive.

So running the Sharn quests once on elite or reaper should give you Inquisitive. The fastest way to get it would be to run the heroic chain while epic. Should be easy enough on elite and you get the mats you need for crafting, heroic gear and the favor.

In RPGWatch there are several people capable of running elite or reaper Legendary Sharn. So if you login and contact one of us we can easily get a group together and get you all you need. Do you have toons in RPGWatch yet?

Thanks!

I made a guild on Khyber long ago (Ex Deus) - and I put a RL friend in control of it. They've been playing it like crazy ever since 2009 or something like that.

So, I can't really go with another guild - but I'd love to play with some Watch members here and there.

Right now, I'm playing "in secret" - because I've made the mistake of joining my old guild a few times in the past, only to get bored with the game after a few weeks or months - and I know my RL friends would like to see me stay, as the guild isn't very big AFAIK.

This time, I will wait until I'm sure I want to dedicate myself to DDO - which is sort of required to get anywhere, what with all that reincarnation stuff.

I'm planning a few characters in my head - and they probably need a lot of past lives to be optimised.

Right now, I'm using the Acid Arrow Ranger build for comfortable and easy leveling - and I'm aiming for turning him into some kind of Inquisitive character, probably a Rogue or Artificer.

The build I'm most keen on is a Vistani Knife Assassin - but I'm not sure how powerful I can make such a character.

I'm a bit obsessive about performance - and I greatly dislike making inefficient characters.

That's one reason DDO is a such a struggle sometimes, because it takes an endless amount of time to build something truly worthwhile.

That said, I've always loved everything about it. The only thing I dislike about DDO is how aged it is - which is a problem for things like moment-to-moment gameplay and combat.

Even so, it's still probably in my top 3 MMOs of all time - and a modernized version would probably be my favorite.

While most of us don't play at a time which would be really convenient for you, Peter who lives in Norway is online playing most days on Khyber, so get in touch with him and he'll help you out.

OK, I have signed up for a 3 month VIP membership, and created 2 characters:

1. pibburr (not a typo), elf, artificer - was told that pibbur was taken, but that may be an error, since i had some problems creating the character
  2. anhima, halfling paladin

We'll see how much time I'll spend with the game, but it would be nice playing with watchers. Since I've retired I'm flexilble when it comes to when I play. I might even adapt to the Ozzies (not the Osbournes).

pibbur who is not entirely happy with being pibburr

I have a somewhat different philosphy for creating characters. I don't seek to make the best possible builds, im stead I play characters I feel like playing. I like to experiment with stereotypes and underdogs. So I always have a tiny female warriortype, preferrably armed with two-handed axes larger than herself. A hobbit in LOTRO, a gnome in Wow, and a halfling in DDO (I may recreate her as a gnome). She's BTW always called Anhima, after the bird Anhima Cornuta - the horned screamer (which, BTW2, is also the name given to my noisy cell phone).

It partially has to do with playing roles. Another benefit is that I avoid some difficult choices when advancing my characters, which I like, because I'm in general not very good at playing these games.

It's just my way of doing things, I can certainly see the challenge/fun in creating the most efficient build.

pibbur who usually is a ranger/wizard/something-like-that.

PS. One thing I cannot do, is playing an evil character. I've tried, but it always makes me uncomfortable. I wish I could, because I think it would be quite interesting. But so far, every attempt has failed miserably. DS.

Pibs, I hope you created your characters on Khyber server which is where we all play. If so, one of us will send you a Guild invite which you need to accept. That will give you access to our Guild ship which is stocked with tons of helpful equipment and buffers. It also makes it easier for you to see who in the Guild is online. We'd all love to play with you and help you to enjoy the experience. We currently are using Team Speak for in game communication (it's MUCH better than the default game chat) and several Watchers are better able than I to assist you there. Looking forward to seeing both you and Dart in game!! :)

I have a somewhat different philosphy for creating characters. I don't seek to make the best possible builds, im stead I play characters I feel like playing. I like to experiment with stereotypes and underdogs. So I always have a tiny female warriortype, preferrably armed with two-handed axes larger than herself. A hobbit in LOTRO, a gnome in Wow, and a halfling in DDO (I may recreate her as a gnome). She's BTW always called Anhima, after the bird Anhima Cornuta - the horned screamer (which, BTW2, is also the name given to my noisy cell phone).

It partially has to do with playing roles. Another benefit is that I avoid some difficult choices when advancing my characters, which I like, because I'm in general not very good at playing these games.

It's just my way of doing things, I can certainly see the challenge/fun in creating the most efficient build.

pibbur who usually is a ranger/wizard/something-like-that.

PS. One thing I cannot do, is playing an evil character. I've tried, but it always makes me uncomfortable. I wish I could, because I think it would be quite interesting. But so far, every attempt has failed miserably. DS.

Well, I'm really not that different.

I just happen to feel like playing characters that are very efficient at what they do.

But there's a very long list of powerful builds that I would never touch, because I don't enjoy that kind of gameplay.

For instance, I hate playing casters, healers and tanks - and I think casters are among the most powerful in DDO.

I always play this kind of game with the social aspect in mind - so I feel like I need to contribute to the group.

But there's no way I'm going to contribute with a character that I don't enjoy playing. I've tried that - and I've played healers and tanks to help out, and I just end up being bored to death.

Also, I probably can't rule out that my ego is a part of it, but I actually rarely compete against other people. I compete against myself - and I learned with WoW that I get a real kick out of seeing numbers grow ever bigger :)

Pibs, invitations to the Watch Guild have been sent to both your toons.

Back
Top Bottom