The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

OK, the third great prog album of this autumn, IQ's "Resistance", is released, and I think it's great. A double album, total playing time 1 hour and 49 minutes. Average user score on prograchives is 4.66, better than their excellent previous album "Road of Bones". Don't know if I agree with that - meaning that I really don't know, as I have to spend quite some time getting to know this album. But it's definitely up there, IMO.

Unfortunately there aren't many tracks available on youtube. The only one I found with OK sound quality is "A Missile", which is good, but not nearly the best song on the album.

Perhaps it's because they're not that well known anymore, but I had some trouble buying the album on line (download version). I couldn't find it on iTunes, bandcamp or emusic, and none of the Amazon web shops would sell it to me. Finally I got it on Google play.

pibbur who, on the watch of course would have posted the 20 minutes long "Fallout", but sadly couldn't find it.

I'm currently reading through an interview with Tony Banks. Of Genesis fame.
It is a very personal interview, and what I like most of it is the fact that he speaks very openly about his frustration to never have had success with his works than his fellow Genesis members.
I also like of that that he very openly speaks of his problems and fears regarding being a musician. In that, it shows another view apart from the usual Rock Stars.
https://www.innerviews.org/inner/tony-banks

Very interesting, alrik. Looking forward to reading it.

BTW: This is my favourite Genesis tune:

pibbur who will stay at home until saturday.

I'm currently listening to Chokebore. They're good are composing somewhat catchy teenage songs that make you want to kill yourself.

I just spent an entire summer dancing like an idiot so I need that kind of stuff right now…

Also, Sonic Youth. Because.

New Dragonforce album Extreme Power Metal. This song and another "In a Skyforged Dream" could be Skyrim inspired. The lyrics are generic enough for the most part but I'm sure there is a mention of Whiterun at one point.

I spent a few hours listening to the first four albums from Bush while playing Might and Magic five. I'm not a big fan of their albums after the hiatus, but those first offerings are really worth listening to.

The ending of "Spinning Song" (first song on above album) is one of the most heartfelt and beautiful things I think I've ever heard :)

Currently listening to some of the newer Black Label Society tracks.

30 years

P.S. Dude, that keyboard isn't going to play itself... or, actually, maybe it can?

Back
Top Bottom