The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Your toon should be level3. No more than a rank into 3. You should be able to get there strictly by running everything in Korthos. If for some reason you're still short after slogging thru Misery's Peak (highly unlikely), do slayers/rares in Cerulean Hills.

As a first-lifer, it's even easier than that : By doing Kothos on normal plus the Harbour solo quests plus Haverdasher on normal got me into level 3, but rank 11.

I didn't realize it was going that fast. I need to be more careful, then.

Edit : I've been reading through the ranks system again. https://ddowiki.com/page/Rank_(level)

Running with the level 9 toons was fun, except for that unexpected internet interruption on my side. I really don't know what happened, but the internet connection was recently upgraded on the provoider's side.

Last edited:
New to guild!

Hi all! Just been invited to the guild by Gaitlinbow. My in-game name is 'Raytora', just wanted to say hey o/

In the last quest of The Soul Splitter, our clients totally crashed. In the depths. In my case, it completely froze, and i had to completely restart the game.
And we had that twice.

Alrih is level 20 now.

Looking forward to next week, do we have any votes for what epic stuff we run? Keep in mind that Alrik will only have a lvl21 ungeared first lifer and I've only got a lvl23 weak arty so we can't do any legendary stuff. Options that come to my mind:

1) Haunted Halls - might be a problem at lvl27 normal, but I've never run it and given the size we might be able to fill the session just plugging thru that one dungeon.
2) e3BC - more than just a Jibbers run, actually do the whole pack
3) eCatacombs - lower level, freshened content and loot, but it's catacombs…
4) EStar1/2 - would avoid most of the underdark if we skip the 3rd chain, fairly easy low level march with decent monster manual bonuses, but not the best quest XP nor loot

Opinions?

I'd vote for e3BC; a lot of the gear is still somewhat useful and the XP is good. I think Haunted Halls is a bit outdated on gear, and it is a long ass haul. We have ran it once or twice, but extremely long ago. eCatacombs is Catacombs. Evening Star would be my second choice; we don't run it that often, and the first two chains aren't bad save for gear being really outdated.

I'll get in today to hit 20. I may also TR Rachail into the next group's drunken trapper. I should have enough xp stones banked to get L2 or maybe 3.

Peter, to clarify what we discussed last night, if you want to get an extra ETR worked in on your Friday main toon, that's fine. You've got two weeks to do the march to 30 and then come back around so you're sitting back at lvl20 on 13NOV. If anyone else is feeling froggy, you're welcome to run the same gambit. Just be sure to be ETR'd back to lvl20 in two weeks.

To the group- the mains should be 19 or 20 on 13NOV. I think everyone except Az and Corwin are already 20. We will run IQ2 at that time. Hopefully that will get everyone to the cap. If not, we'll call an audible to catch up any stragglers. I would like to get thru IQ2 and get started on eKeep during that session, which I think is do-able. The following week, we'd finish off eKeep. That would be the end of that set of toons. The next session (27NOV, assuming we don't break for Thanksgiving), we'd be on the new group of level 3's.

Finally, a reminder to you damn fer-ners ( ;) ), the US comes off daylight savings tomorrow so next session's start time will probably change for you.

Ijii hit 20 despite the best efforts of the lag, but not early enough for me to hack together an ill-conceived build and do a TR. Plan is currently an Alchemist with a two level dip into Artificer for rune arms/trapping skills. Since Alchemists have access to Evasion normally, Rogue isn't really needed, and they both get a ton of skill points and have Spot and Search as class skills, so keeping up with the trapping skills will be trivial.

I did have the thought of an Artificer build that forgoes the Artificer trees entirely, going up Harper and Inquisitive and a little from Feydark. I don't think I want to experiment though right now; given the class makeup of the next group, someone who can dual purpose as an emergency healer is more useful than Deadly Weapons.

TD - death cleric
Az - Drunken Trapper
Peter - fire sorc
Corwin - arti trap monkey
JM - kensai bow fighter / TBD
CM - pally
Alrik - arcane master wizzy of unknown flavor

I actually found an explorer in the Stormhorns that I'd normally never gotten because I lagged out and landed on top of it.

Catacombs' story has changed a bit, but most mechanics are still in place as far as I can tell. I didn't play the new version completely through, though.

For years I have some Ioun Stones lying in my bank; I'd like to do something with them during Dreaming Dark, if possible, but I still don't have any idea, how. ,I even must check whether they are useable at all now.

I never did any Epic quests except the ones with you (back then with Ahiania, the Aasimar Scourge, who has made her level into 21 last month or the month before that).
So I'm totally newbie-ish in these quests.

Edit : November 13 is the birthday of my father, I'm not sure whether I can participate then or now.

The second IQ chain has some discs you can get in the end chests; a full set can upgrade the Ioun stones to their full strength.

The upgraded stones are actually fairly useful as they retain their L5 minimum, but have fairly high stats for the level range. +6 stats, +200 SP, etc… The most useful one is the upgraded Pale Lavender stone, which has 50 charges of regenerating spell absorption. But having +200 (+400 sp on Sorcerers and Favored Souls) SP is also useful for a good chunk of the heroic levels, and it's nice to have +6 to STR, CON, or whatever on the trinket slot for the few levels until you can slot that elsewhere.

Rachail is L3, just into it. I intend to finish Korthos (used XP stones from gold/silver rolls) before 11-13. I'll probably craft a few items as well.

From the dev tracker :

We are giving the Night Revels another day since we are shifting Feywild to Thursday, so Night Revels is now through November 4th!

Enormous big Patch ! You'll need a lot of time for the download :

DDO Bonus Days bring you Double Mysterious Remnants, now through November 8th! Get twice the chance for remnants to appear when defeating Champions!

There seems to be a bit of confusion on the new augment system ... There are some important remarks about it in the Patch Notes.

DDO Store Sales: November 5th - 12th
Improve Your Character!
Get 20% off:
Select Stat and Skill Tomes
Tomes of Heroic and Epic Learning
Harper Agent Enhancement Tree
Now through November 12th!

Weekly Coupon
Wand of Flame Arrow
Coupon Code: FIREITUP
Now through November 12th!

I need a bit of help about what to do with the Commendations.

I have seen that the Commendations of Valor/Valour can give TR Hearts.

The quest giver of the last quest, the one which was about that Drow attack on Eveningstar, is able to give me different Commendations - Purple Dragon Knight, War Wizard, Druid, Villager, too.

So, basically it's this, as far as I can tell :

Villager - Monk
War Wizard - Caster
PDK - Cleric, Paladin, Favoured Soul ?
Druid - Ranger, Rogue

Which means that I should be rather taking Druid for my Aasimar scourge, who is basically some kind of Ranger, right ?

Commendations of Valor and specific Commendations don't seem to be interchangeable - but that doesn't make much sense anyway if I'm collecting for a TR Heart anyway.

Besides, I have begun transferring unneded armor and gear pieces from Alrih to Ahiania. Fact is, that Alrih is currently much better geared than Ahiania. I hadn't been updating Ahiania's gear much within the recent months (apart from what I got through the Stormhorn runs moths ago with you).
So I already gave Ahiania a piece of armor from The Soul Splitter. Others will follow, I need to check which gear is the best for her right now. I greatly underestimated the importance of Fortification, for example. That was stupid, I realised. And now I'm going to change that.

I need a bit of help about what to do with the Commendations.

I have seen that the Commendations of Valor/Valour can give TR Hearts.

The quest giver of the last quest, the one which was about that Drow attack on Eveningstar, is able to give me different Commendations - Purple Dragon Knight, War Wizard, Druid, Villager, too.

So, basically it's this, as far as I can tell :

Villager - Monk
War Wizard - Caster
PDK - Cleric, Paladin, Favoured Soul ?
Druid - Ranger, Rogue

Which means that I should be rather taking Druid for my Aasimar scourge, who is basically some kind of Ranger, right ?

Commendations of Valor and specific Commendations don't seem to be interchangeable - but that doesn't make much sense anyway if I'm collecting for a TR Heart anyway.

Besides, I have begun transferring unneded armor and gear pieces from Alrih to Ahiania. Fact is, that Alrih is currently much better geared than Ahiania. I hadn't been updating Ahiania's gear much within the recent months (apart from what I got through the Stormhorn runs moths ago with you).
So I already gave Ahiania a piece of armor from The Soul Splitter. Others will follow, I need to check which gear is the best for her right now. I greatly underestimated the importance of Fortification, for example. That was stupid, I realised. And now I'm going to change that.
Commendations of Valor are a different animal completely, and you use them to buy ETR hearts, not TR hearts. Still useful to collect, but it's going to be a long while before you push any of your toons to level 30.

For the other Comms, there's also a Cleric patron- so 5 different types, not just the 4 you listed. You can look at all 5 patrons to see what the available items are. While the set bonuses can be decent, don't be afraid to mix items from any of the 5 patrons if it makes sense. Another way to look at it:
PDK- STR / CON
Wiz - casting
Clerics - WIS / CHR
Druids - DEX
Villagers - WIS / CON

Ah, thanks ! I didn't see the Cleric, so I missed him !

Alrik, are you still expecting to be out this week? That's fine, just trying to plan.

If Alrik plays, then we're on the mains and doing IQ2.

If he does not, we have a choice.
1) We could drag Corwin kicking and screaming thru some epic work. He hasn't run epic in quite a while so one week would probably only cause him grievous injury. That's short of death, so my conscience is clear. Not sure exactly what content since I don't know what levels everyone has but my lone epic is a weak 25 so legendary stuff would probably be out of the picture.
2) We could get back to the alt group. They're due for a Slavers run next, perhaps a few bar quests, and then roll into VON. Obviously, Slavers would probably fill the night all by its little lonesome.

I wouldn't mind the epic work, actually, but I don't have my heart set on it.

edit- perhaps epic 3BC like we talked last week?

Last edited:
I support e3BC simply because I'm sick, and if I suffer, then Corwin should suffer too. :p

Got my internet fixed; it was actually down a chunk of the week. Turned out a dirty squirrel decided the cable looked like a tasty snack. I'm on vacation this week, so open for mostly anything, but I can't promise I'll be able to talk or be up for a long session thanks to my current cold. I haven't slept since Monday night as it is.

Back
Top Bottom