Shroud of the Avatar - Update #19, New Stretch Goals and Bonus Rewards

Thanks, contemplating the same teir as well, but I don't want to pay the additional shipping/taxes as I live outside the US. Hope to see an update from them about this soon.

if you go on their main chat they are taking questions now...one of the main designers.

Wish they would post what the goal was to make an Ultima game. There is the real question.

Well, EA owns the Ultima franchise, so it would cost a fortune to secure the rights from them. However, I'm sure they would jump at the chance to publish Ultima X, especially if they didn't have to spend a dime on developing it. Unfortunately, there is bad blood between them, so it's not going to happen.

I wonder what the bad blood between EA and British is? Usually money fixes such issues, but then again, Garriot does sound a bit like someone who doesn't like making friends with past enemies.

The point is, the project would have added at least a million or two, if it were called Ultima X. There is so much brand value in that name, even if the last two parts weren't that well received. Most people would think of Ultimas from IV to VII anyway.

I wonder what the bad blood between EA and British is? Usually money fixes such issues, but then again, Garriot does sound a bit like someone who doesn't like making friends with past enemies.

The point is, the project would have added at least a million or two, if it were called Ultima X. There is so much brand value in that name, even if the last two parts weren't that well received. Most people would think of Ultimas from IV to VII anyway.

I think they are doing fine...have almost 2 mil now.

Wooohoo and backed at just over 2mil with the pledges on their site as well...so excited for this one.

While they didn't convince me to back them, I am glad they got a good KS campaign. They certainly got plenty of feedback to digest during the coming months. I will keep an eye on it, and certainly hope it turns out to be something cool in the end.

I wonder what the bad blood between EA and British is?

I see that you didn't get my Bad Blood reference.
Anyways, I thought it was common knowledge.
Richard even put references to EA, their much hated publisher, in their games.
Remember Elizabeth and Abraham, the murderers who worked for the Guardian in Ultima 7? Also, the evil Guardian's sphere, cube, and tetrahedron formed EA's logo.

EA had filed a frivolous lawsuit against Origin, costing them a bundle.
After EA aquired Origin Systems, Richard blamed them for the early release and poor reception of Ultima VIII and Ultima IX. It must've been hard losing his company and IPs to EA, but I think he's come to terms with it in recent years… He even approached EA about doing another game, but they wouldn't bite.

Back
Top Bottom