Good Old Games - Update, Video

I am not advocating piracy, but in light of digital distribution health and lack of availability of many of these titles …

Also, BG1 for $10? Why wouldn't I just go to Amazon/Best Buy/local retailer and get physical disks … you can get all BGI/II+expansions for ~$10

This was #prFail … I will definitely hesitate a moment next impulse gog buy.

As a Pole, I feel the need to apologize for the horrible non-sense of humour displayed by the folks running this conference. Somehow I feel ashamed myself.

It was amateurish and showing no contrition for their bullshit PR stunt. I feel insulted.

My notes here

I saw nothing on getting BG for free. 9.99 they said.

Also, BG1 for $10? Why wouldn't I just go to Amazon/Best Buy/local retailer and get physical disks … you can get all BGI/II+expansions for ~$10
I agree completely. If they're $10 each (Even for two double packs, i.e. BG1+Exp, BG2+Exp), it's still a lot of money when the four pack is cheaper.

... But dammit, downloads have been unavailable for a few days! Clearly, this cancels out all the positives.

Kay

Excellent point, and may future PR not involve this sensitive mechanism for the GWBs among us ;]

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Countdown on the GOG website and a summary of the presentation here.

Well, if BG is stripped of it's DRM, that means no needing to keep your disc in the drive (or using a no-CD patch). Not saying that is worth more money, but might be to some people.

Also, BG has issues with some newer video cards, if they've fixed that, it might be worth the increased cost.

yeah, my replay of BG last year had to be done on an older XP system w/ ancient drivers installed for it to work properly.

If I could play it on win7 w/ my current config, no disks - hell yes that's worth it.

Well, $10 for BG+expansion isn't a bad deal. If it hadn't been for to the for the BG 4 in 1 pack, which costs about $15, it would have been a great deal. I have the 4 in 1 pack myself, but I still might re-buy it from GOG, because:
1. It would be convenient to have the DRM-free version.
2. Bonus material.
3. GOG rules.

Kay

Back
Top Bottom