Legal Divorce Stuff

All I would add, Fluent, is to be calm and cautious if the police do show up. I've had quite a few dealings with police in some complicated situations, and while some of them are excellent, a fair few of them... not so much. Some of them don't actually know the law very well, especially in these kinds of matters, and they do the wrong thing.

If they enforce something you believe to be wrong, just stay calm,record the encounter, and let the lawyer sort it out.

Agree with what was just said ...

Also, get everything in writing starting today - and I mean EVERYTHING. Starting with a written agreement on the current state of things (who lives where, what ownership and property sharing agreements, and so on). And also an agreement to work through a cooperative solution, and so on.

Also, I would make sure the letter from the new girlfriend is given to the lawyer ... but always get copies for yourself.

Thanks again peeps!

Our lawyer has got a copy of the letter and is going to call us. His secretary/aid got a real kick out of it, though. She actually said in their years together as a practice she has never seen something like it, lol. She had some more colorful things than that to say about it but we'll keep that between us. :)

Another day with no incident so life is alright right now. Appreciate the positive energy sent.

Back
Top Bottom