Westboro - Action RPG

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Westboro is an isometric action RPG with a real-time combat system where water is scarce.

ABOUT THIS GAME

2039. Water is no longer environmentally sustainable supply.
Most of it is too contaminated and toxic to be suitable for any use by humankind.
As the global population has grown to 12.4 billion, the water crisis became front page news.
The remaining fresh water will not last forever; it will become depleted.

Transnational Corporation SICON holds world domination and control over fresh water resources for several years.
The complicated and unstable situation resulted in violent uprisings among themiddle-class across the globe.

The world approaches its first week in state of emergency...

Westboro is an Indie Point'n'Click Action RPG with a unique real-time combat system.
It is easy to play, but hard to master. Use your abilities and variety of weapons to defeat enemies. Rely on armor or be quick enough to keep yourself in safety. Be stealthy or try to gundown everyone. Fight enemies at long-range or force them to engage in close quarters combat. ...Choose your own playstyle!
More information.

Thanks for the post as this makes another game to keep an eye on.

Funny for this to pop-up now.
I bought it almost exactly one year ago. It is a fun game, although a bit rough on the edges, pretty light RPG and a tad bit tedious at times. Classes only change char look and starting abilities. In the end you can get whatever abilities you want, making it a bit samey.
Took my ~10 h to get through.

we talked about this when it released.
atmosphere is cool, exaclty what i like, reminding me of diablo1.
gameplay is decent, but it gets repetitive
linear and not much writing to it

A unique real time combat system. Another one.

It's difficult to take a game seriously whan all it makes me think of is the westboro baptist church. Did anyone at all even consider this before naming the game?

Looks great, and I almost added it to my 1000-long backlog. However, I don't like the sound of:
some of the levels seems to be made by copy/paste method, with the generic waves of enemies, respawning from the elevators. So you'll end up switching on some invisibilty and/or power shield and just running towards the end of the level door...

Wow, played about 40 min and I had some fun. Controls are kinda wonky and the save system is only about one step above save locations, however, you can quick save anywhere. And frankly, while the plot is fantastic, it is nowhere to be seen in the first 40 minutes.

Still, for $2.50, I just can not complain. When I get back to it I have some leveling up to do . . . yup leveling up. This game definitely fits into the guilty pleasure category, at least for the first few hours.

Have heard both good and bad about this one. Seems to be a little short on playtime and rinse and repeat gameplay but on sale at £1.90 I may very well give it a punt.

Well, I played it for a bit....

Let's just say I'm glad it was very, very cheap :)

Nice art direction, good UI, atmospheric visuals overall, but the quest briefing is super cliché and the gameplay gets repetitive frighteningly fast.

When the intro video contains obvious grammar errors, including the omission of space between letters in one case, you know you're in for a treat that someone cared about deeply :)

Back
Top Bottom