Huge Paycuts At Blizzard

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Looks like Activision has been forcing senior Blizzard people out [speculation].

Looks like the activision takeover of Blizzard continues and now there have been leaks of huge paycuts to the employees

Blizzard says they are moving best developers to mobile games.

I'm reading this as "hostile takeover of Blizzard by phones succeeded".

I have another video on my news thread about Blizzard and future Micro-tanactions by Yong Yea. Seems the large giant is being toppled by the Actavison buyout.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-eiWVfBpE

Anyway take a look at the company's stock price after this news.

Link - https://seekingalpha.com/article/4222544-brave-new-activision-blizzard

43383736_15421514357198_rId10_thumb.jpg

"OK guys, we fucked up with Diablo: Immortal, so now you'll receive a paycut. Haha."

But seriously, you can not develop trashy phone games with well-paid developers. If you want to be competitive in this field you need very cheap labor.

I hope you're not correct. I fear you are.

pibbur who has a phone, but for other purposes.

PS. I remember when I bought my first smartphone, I bought a couple of RPG games, but it turned out playing them wasn't particularly interesting. So I stopped buying them. I do play games on my phone on the way to (and from) work (I'm not driving), but that's Sudoku and Mah-Jongg. I think even joxer can accept that (never ever installed any candy crushes). DS.

PPS. Actually I also have a couple of pc-games I've never played, but that's for completely different reasons. And I still buy pc games. DS.

But seriously, you can not develop trashy phone games with well-paid developers. If you want to be competitive in this field you need very cheap labor.

Eventually, there will be a news something like this:
"Activision Blizzard, creator of the legendary Diablo and Call of Duty games, enters partnership with the world's leading mobile game developer, Tencent."

YES, THIS IS FAKE NEWS...

... but for how long?

Was it blizzard head hunchy who moved to them to mobile; or activisition head punchy who moved them to mobile. Anyway I'd wish them luck but i'm not sure i really care.

Eventually, there will be a news something like this:
"Activision Blizzard, creator of the legendary Diablo and Call of Duty games, enters partnership with the world's leading mobile game developer, Tencent."

YES, THIS IS FAKE NEWS…

… but for how long?
Tencent does need a has been like Blizzard when they recently bought Path of Exile company. They now got their own horse in the aRPG race.
And PoE has big plans for the 4.0 version, they said it is made to be able to compete vs Diablo 4 (as they assumed Blizzard is still making one).
Unless Diablo 4 is going to be made for mobile first, then PoE 4.0 wins automatically.

That's because WoW killer never appeared.
Sure, some mmos are highly successful (LoL for example) but none managed to steal WoW audience.

And that game isn't nearly as good as, say, the Everquest games are. Still, I'm sure they made a pretty penny off it, now they can be quiet and enjoy the residuals, not to mention years of growth and profit. I honestly don't see what they even have to complain about.

I'm 2:30 in and it stems from Blizzard employees getting their EOY bonusses cut and rolled into their salary instead. Their salaries were below market but their bonusses were supposed to be really good.

Can't be bothered to listen to the rest of this because this video is boring!

Anyway take a look at the company's stock price after this news.

Link - https://seekingalpha.com/article/4222544-brave-new-activision-blizzard

•Regardless, ATVI is now at a whopping 40% discount. I believe this is an excellent place to start building a small position for long-term investors.

Interesting way to see it.
"Its value has decresed -> NOW is the time to buy !" Sounds to me like "the milk is 3 days over its best-before date. NOW is the time to buy that milk !"
Or so it sounds to me - that's an interesting way to see Reality.

Another quote from there :

Unfortunately, it seems that Activision is adopting the Electronic Arts (EA) business model. Activision used to focus on building franchises and quality games, which translated into profits. However, Activision saw the profit potential of in-game microtransactions and subscriptions. As a result, ATVI is starting to resemble EA. The problem is that gamers hate having to pay several times for the same game (microtransactions and subscriptions).

Interesting to see the word "unfortunately" there.

Pantheon is looking really nice, I've been enjoying testing it for years now, but I'm unlikely to ever return to an online game again unless my old crew comes out of retirement. Mmo's just aren't all that fun for me like they were fifteen to twenty years ago.

Back
Top Bottom